You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nikolay_Kuznetsov_

Halloween ended on the 31st.

25 comments in this topic

Members
200 posts
1,591 battles

Halloween ended on Oct 31st. 

Why do the developers insist on continuing this beyond Thanksgiving?

Does this mean Christmas  will be extended beyond Easter?

The weekly operations have been taken out of the rotation long enough.

Please WG Stop the Halloween events already. I play historical mindset. These make believe ships are fun for a small time but the never ending mode is too long.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,699 posts
10,076 battles
6 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Today is the last day for the Halloween Ops.

A new one starts tomorrow. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,699 posts
10,076 battles
10 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Halloween ended on Oct 31st. 

Why do the developers insist on continuing this beyond Thanksgiving?

Does this mean Christmas  will be extended beyond Easter?

The weekly operations have been taken out of the rotation long enough.

Please WG Stop the Halloween events already. I play historical mindset. These make believe ships are fun for a small time but the never ending mode is too long.

Errr… I am going to go out on a limb and say …. for the fun. It is a fun event. Also this new one will have some pretty crazy new mechanics in it. 

• Cool 3

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,216 posts
3,991 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Errr… I am going to go out on a limb and say …. for the fun. It is a fun event. Also this new one will have some pretty crazy new mechanics in it. 

and is PVP.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles
8 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

and is PVP.

Which makes earnings even better. Moreso if we're given another set of 19 pt captains to use like the Space Event.

So much FXP/CXP/Credits that players will be drowning in it when they finally release the next set of FXP Premiums and fancy Commanders. Or re-outfitting all those sold T5-T10 ships just for the Snowflake event.

Edited by YamatoA150

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,216 posts
3,991 battles
10 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Which makes earnings even better. Moreso if we're given another set of 19 pt captains to use.

So much FXP/CXP/Credits that players will be drowning in it when they finally release the next set of FXP Premiums and fancy Commanders.

let's not forget being able to mount signals, which we couldn't do with submarines.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts
13 minutes ago, paradat said:

Crazy new mechanics? You mean more absurd power up fluff and unrealistic game conditions that really have nothing to do with a historical warship game?:Smile_trollface:

mO1O1oG.png

Turning this game into a powerup game will not have the effect desired. Clearly the direction they've chosen isn't going over well with the average player....

p4dFoWy.png

Tanking during the holidays with subs, who'd have thought.....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles
4 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

let's not forget being able to mount signals, which we couldn't do with submarines.

Yep. Even losses will generate a generous set of XP/Credits.

Personally, I welcome the mode for the same reason I liked the Space Event; free CXP and easy gains. As well, it's the kind of unbalanced, no holds barred slugfest players wanted (for a limited time), as well as another testing ground for WG. Game turnover is likely to be faster thanks to all the ridiculous abilities, and win or lose, players will be making bank off signals.

It pairs well with the rumors that WG is planning to raise minimum costs of FXP and Coal Premiums, as well as with the planned events for December, which requires as many T5~10 ships as possible if one wishes to grind out more Coal and Steel.

2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Crazy new mechanics? You mean more absurd power up fluff and unrealistic game conditions that really have nothing to do with a historical warship game?:Smile_trollface:

mO1O1oG.png

Turning this game into a powerup game will not have the effect desired. Clearly the direction they've chosen isn't going over well with the average player....

p4dFoWy.png

Tanking during the holidays with subs, who'd have thought.....:Smile_teethhappy:

That looks pretty normal though; consistent rise and falls depending on the season. Not to mention, burnout from the equally long RN Missions, which was back-to-back with the Anniversary content too.

Granted, the Sub Mode was twice as long as the previous two Halloween Ops (even if it's a Hard mode), and players didn't like the Sub mode as much as the regular surface combat Halloween Ops or the normal Operations rotation; some because they couldn't min/max their earnings with signals, and others just not liking the (Halloween) sub style of combat.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,699 posts
10,076 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Crazy new mechanics? You mean more absurd power up fluff and unrealistic game conditions that really have nothing to do with a historical warship game?

Yeah those are the ones I mean. 

Good news though the event does not effect Random or coop battles. It is it's own mode so unless you go looking for it, you will not be bothered by it.

Beta Testers
284 posts

I, for one, will be glad when it's over. Events like this should not go as far as this did, a week past is long enough not three weeks. Even if it was to showcase the subs, it was still too long and rapidly became stale. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
47 minutes ago, paradat said:

It's also for testing purposes.  The devs just wrap their test up in a cute cover to make it more amusing(?).  

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles

This being a test mode seems increasingly likely. After all, it'll be the first time they much of those mechanics in a PvP environment. The biggest, assuming they copy the Halloween consumables to these Undead ships, there's that DD consumable that breaks active lock without going invisible, which may serve as an alternate test to a Radar Counter; instead of being invisible to Radar when triggered, they remain visible but can't be locked on.

The other stuff are more likely to enhance their April Fools modes (Space and Bathtub would greatly benefit from such silly abilities, renamed for the event), and any other future silly modes they may come up with (they did mention Fantasy warships and bikini elves once... :cap_win: ...And possible Collaboration Ops too).

[TDRB]
Members
1,322 posts
5,041 battles
55 minutes ago, paradat said:

The fun ended but the ops remains. The first 3 or 4 times out in a sub was fun but after that the only reason I drove a sub was to earn stars for RN missions.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,699 posts
10,076 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

The fun ended but the ops remains. The first 3 or 4 times out in a sub was fun but after that the only reason I drove a sub was to earn stars for RN missions.

This new mode is pvp in the Halloween ships but not the subs.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,946 posts
4,837 battles

Comrade, the glorious revolution for the people's republic has and will never end.

[TDRB]
Members
1,322 posts
5,041 battles
Just now, paradat said:

This new mode is pvp in the Halloween ships but not the subs.

Yes, I know. I do hope it is not the operation of the week.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,699 posts
10,076 battles
6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yes, I know. I do hope it is not the operation of the week.

I see, no idea, I rarely play the operations but I did play the crap out of the subs.

[TDRB]
Members
1,322 posts
5,041 battles
18 minutes ago, paradat said:

I see, no idea, I rarely play the operations but I did play the crap out of the subs.

I'm the opposite, I do not like the subs but play the crap out of operations.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,699 posts
10,076 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

I'm the opposite, I do not like the subs but play the crap out of operations.

Sweet. Plenty of room for all preferences in this game.

[PVE]
Members
10,843 posts
7,979 battles

The 7.11 patch notes said that the Twilight Battle (7v7 PvP with Filth spreading from the edges) will be a new battle type, so probably like Arms Race rather than an OP. We will know for sure in a little over 12 hours.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0711-rule-britannia/#twilight-battle

The bottom of the PSA Halloween event first post has the Twilight Battle info that has been released in Dev blogs and there will be a dedicated article tomorrow.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,113 posts
4,429 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

"Historical warship game"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[PVE]
Members
10,843 posts
7,979 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

4 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

"Historical warship game"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

WG was intrigued by the closing circle concept for a game mode, but it doesn't really fit the normal game modes. By making it a Halloween PvP event, then the supernatural nature of the Halloween story fits perfectly with the closing circle game mode.

Turning an optional battle mode into a powerup game gives variety. While you might find it objectionable, others do not. Different strokes and all that.

2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I am okay with a new fun battle mode, but Halloween is over. Thanksgiving is here.

It's jumping the shark.  

It has run a little long. I think having the Alternate battle mode and having the Halloween event run for four weeks would have been enough. This did give people more free pumpkin crates to earn to hopefully get a free perma-camo though. I got 3 of the new ones and missed out on the Mogami one. :(