Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

PSA: Dev Blog: WoWS Special Premium Account

24 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Here's the text so you don't have to go to <shudder> FB:

ST. Warships premium account

The warships premium account will be added to the game. It will give you an extra 15% experience compared to the general premium account, but it only will work in World of Warships. The cost of the warships PA will be equal to the cost of the general PA.
The bonus at the end of the battle will be calculated with the active premium account with the higher modifier. If both premium accounts are active, the bonus for the battle will be based on the warships PA.
This service is developed for players who mainly play World of Warships, and don't mind getting an increased bonus in one game in exchange for a lack of bonuses in others.
Its presence will allow us more flexibility in customizing in-game rewards and compensation.
When the warships premium account will be added, all players with an active premium account will receive a warships premium account with the same duration. Thus, they will be able to test the service and evaluate its benefits for themselves, without incurring any additional costs.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

So 65% bonus instead of 50% bonus for us WoWS-only players.  Cool. 

One presumes that this is what will be awarded and sold in the Premium Shop henceforth.  Much to speculate on as to "why", but I don't really care.

• Cool 4

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
167 posts
3,852 battles

I'm exclusively WOWS so this is potentially a nice plus.

Thanks for the tip.  Happy Paddling.

• Cool 1

[ANKER]
Beta Testers
83 posts
7,971 battles

"When the warships premium account will be added, all players with an active premium account will receive a warships premium account with the same duration. Thus, they will be able to test the service and evaluate its benefits for themselves, without incurring any additional costs."

Note to self: Buy a F load of premium before the actual release of this change (if they move forward with it).

• Cool 1

[FTH]
[FTH]
Members
301 posts
11,544 battles
22 minutes ago, oberstwake said:

"When the warships premium account will be added, all players with an active premium account will receive a warships premium account with the same duration. Thus, they will be able to test the service and evaluate its benefits for themselves, without incurring any additional costs."

Note to self: Buy a F load of premium before the actual release of this change (if they move forward with it).

I might be misreading it all..probly am, but my impression is if you have 300 days of premium account, you'll get 300 days of WoWS Premium Account on your WoWS account..so you're not gaining any more days, as opposed to getting 300 days of WoWS Premium added to your regular premium for 600 days total.

[ANKER]
Beta Testers
83 posts
7,971 battles
1 minute ago, Purg473 said:

I might be misreading it all..probly am, but my impression is if you have 300 days of premium account, you'll get 300 days of WoWS Premium Account on your WoWS account..so you're not gaining any more days, as opposed to getting 300 days of WoWS Premium added to your regular premium for 600 days total.

My impression upon reading it is that if you have 300 days of "Universal Premium" across all the games, that you will get 300 concurrent days of WoWs Premium. So the incentive to buy more Universal Premium beforehand would be that if you only have 15 days prior to the addition of the WoWs Premium, you will only get the the free "double dip" for 15 days. So I plan on buying a lot so they give me the WoWs Premium for longer, as opposed to only having a small amount and having to pay for it on top of Universal Premium later.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts

But wait... there's more if you read between those pesky lines.... bold by me...

1 hour ago, oberstwake said:

I read the original article a couple times. The bold section above indicates to me a possible - probably slim - chance the rates may be different.

Initially you would think those who play WoWS and WoT would not want this option... and there are a whole lot more players in WoT than WoWS. 

If they start down this path... you buy a year of premium for WoWS... but a couple months on you get the urge to play WoT. Guess what... your WoWS premium time will not apply to WoT - OR any other WG game.

If that's fine with you then hoorah... but the only reason I don't play, oh let's say, Arena, is my machine is waiting to be replaced. If I bought premium, I'd want it to apply to all the F2P WG games. 

So to my eyes it reads like you can buy WoWS premium at a slightly higher cost (cause you get a more effective return on every match) than WG Gaming premium (all games). I'd find it strange if they would give it up for the same or less... cause arguably, standard premium gives you more gaming options. 

And tempting the die-hard WoWS players to pay a bit more to get a bit more might sound like a good deal. 

IMHO it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. 

[ANKER]
Beta Testers
83 posts
7,971 battles
19 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

But wait... there's more if you read between those pesky lines.... bold by me...

I read the original article a couple times. The bold section above indicates to me a possible - probably slim - chance the rates may be different.

Initially you would think those who play WoWS and WoT would not want this option... and there are a whole lot more players in WoT than WoWS. 

If they start down this path... you buy a year of premium for WoWS... but a couple months on you get the urge to play WoT. Guess what... your WoWS premium time will not apply to WoT - OR any other WG game.

If that's fine with you then hoorah... but the only reason I don't play, oh let's say, Arena, is my machine is waiting to be replaced. If I bought premium, I'd want it to apply to all the F2P WG games. 

So to my eyes it reads like you can buy WoWS premium at a slightly higher cost (cause you get a more effective return on every match) than WG Gaming premium (all games). I'd find it strange if they would give it up for the same or less... cause arguably, standard premium gives you more gaming options. 

And tempting the die-hard WoWS players to pay a bit more to get a bit more might sound like a good deal. 

The key point of my post was before they implement this change to buy a bunch of premium time as it exists now, as it would appear that when that patch hits, that you will get the addition of the WoWs Premium for the same duration of time that you already have premium for, for free. After that, you'll have to pay some sort of rate for it on top of, or exclusive of, the old-style premium time. Hopefully they clarify this a bit more as they flush out the idea more.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
5 hours ago, oberstwake said:

Why?  The cost will be the same for both. 

Ah.  I see that's open for debate.  Hope springs eternal.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If I bought premium, I'd want it to apply to all the F2P WG games. 

Yeah, that's the thing.  They're isolating WoWS from the Universal Premium, as Doubloons are isolated from Gold.

I have little desire to play their other games (though Arena and MoO look interesting if I ever get really bored), so I'll take the extra bonus and run.

Any speculation as to why they might want to isolate WoWS in this way?  Simple accounting might be one motive. ...

Nnnnn  No.  I won't pay more.  It don't read it that it will cost more, but as you say, we shall see.

Edited by iDuckman

[ARRSE]
Members
41 posts
1,033 battles

Arena is a separate (-paid) premium system, which adds to the large number of reasons many people have abandoned it.

I wonder if this will backfire on WG? E.g. I have several well-developed WoT accounts (my main accounts are on EU and RU). Although i mainly play WoWS, I do occasionally jump back into WoT. If I have to disadvantage my mostly-played WoWS account by sharing "standard" premium with seldom-played WoT, then there is little incentive to return to WoT - I might as well just burn up the credits and gold there and then abandon the account. Same goes for WoWP.

The Arena issue is a good example. I have friends there who would like me to play, and I have an account levelled to tier6/7 or so. However, its quite a grind without premium time, and so I've abandoned the game. Why should I pay two or three premium rates when i can only use one at a time? Its bad enough having three different WG "real cash" gold currencies, let alone multiple in-game currencies to manage.

• Cool 1

[AFW]
Beta Testers
1,696 posts
15,865 battles

Damn accountant will always bust your balls in the end! People will start choosing one platform or another and let other either die or leave it free to play. I don't play anything but WOWS but I am only going to pay for 1 account. I have watched accountants destroy more companies trying to increase profits at the cost quality and forcing costumers towards other platforms. Yes, my balls are really starting to ACHE!  Leave accountants to count your peanuts and leave policy to  the player based management.

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
134 posts
3,648 battles

hyper Yamato premium account

provide 100% bonus exp and you are locked to play only Japanese BB line

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts
3 hours ago, Turbogerbil said:

Arena is a separate (-paid) premium system, which adds to the large number of reasons many people have abandoned it.

I wonder if this will backfire on WG? E.g. I have several well-developed WoT accounts (my main accounts are on EU and RU). Although i mainly play WoWS, I do occasionally jump back into WoT. If I have to disadvantage my mostly-played WoWS account by sharing "standard" premium with seldom-played WoT, then there is little incentive to return to WoT - I might as well just burn up the credits and gold there and then abandon the account. Same goes for WoWP.

The Arena issue is a good example. I have friends there who would like me to play, and I have an account levelled to tier6/7 or so. However, its quite a grind without premium time, and so I've abandoned the game. Why should I pay two or three premium rates when i can only use one at a time? Its bad enough having three different WG "real cash" gold currencies, let alone multiple in-game currencies to manage.

So one must wonder, why they did not turn to Arena to discern the scheme may not pan out as they expect? Once they start down the road, it will probably turn into a one lane street... how would you go back? 

It would also allow them to tweak rates individually... really I suppose, there are so many options/reasons/explanations for them doing this we'll never know the real reasons with any assurance. 

Tune in next time, same bat time, same bat channel, to see what page is the next to turn! 

[H_]
Members
275 posts
7,679 battles

Honestly didn't know that you could use WOW"S premium time in WOT's.. of course I don't play WOT  so .. that could be the problem. I just bought with my nifty 30% off discount coupon a fair amount of premium time.. so me thinks this will work out just fine..

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
11 hours ago, Turbogerbil said:

Why should I pay two or three premium rates when i can only use one at a time? Its bad enough having three different WG "real cash" gold currencies, let alone multiple in-game currencies to manage.

I don't see the issue (with the WoX games).  You can still buy the common premium.  You just won't get the extra 15% bonus that the WoWS Special premium offers.  To my mind, both camps are served.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Any word on when this will occur?  I need to buy some PT.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,365 posts
1,465 battles
On 11/20/2018 at 3:42 PM, iDuckman said:

So 65% bonus instead of 50% bonus for us WoWS-only players.  Cool. 

One presumes that this is what will be awarded and sold in the Premium Shop henceforth.  Much to speculate on as to "why", but I don't really care.

My understanding is that if you already had a pile of premium time there, it's converted to the special type, too, or maybe you can do so, not sure exactly.  I have a pile...

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Careful if the Public Test promises you Premium time.  If they reward WG Premium -- as they always have -- and you have Warships Premium active, the award will disappear beneath your current premium.  In other words, the reward is not a reward.

Sign in to follow this