Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cmdr_bigdog

Last day for yy before nerf

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

31
[POP]
Members
71 posts
8,796 battles

Tomorrow the Yueyang gets nerfed and mine goes back into port. I never got good with her, I started 4 for 20. Since then I've been 50% so my stats will stay under 50%. 

I suggest we all leave her in port, maybe then WOW will eventually do like Groz, buff  it since it isn't played as much as the others. 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[TNG]
Members
303 posts
15,730 battles
Just now, cmdr_bigdog said:

Tomorrow the Yueyang gets nerfed and mine goes back into port. I never got good with her, I started 4 for 20. Since then I've been 50% so my stats will stay under 50%. 

I suggest we all leave her in port, maybe then WOW will eventually do like Groz, buff  it since it isn't played as much as the others. 

 

Such [edited] on WG's part.....no one was even asking to nerf it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
467
[CUTER]
Members
733 posts
19,796 battles
19 minutes ago, shoy07 said:

Such [edited] on WG's part.....no one was even asking to nerf it

But when you are planning new premiums for max p2w profits you have to nerf tech tree ships to sell more.  RIP YY.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[R-F]
Members
838 posts
6,688 battles
11 minutes ago, Junostorm said:

What happens when you combine the either TTM3 or MBM3 /w her Enhanced Armaments (unique) upgrade?

You get a ship with about as much firepower and concealment as a Gearing with no upgrades installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
135
[BLUE_]
Members
410 posts
14,904 battles
41 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

It should still be a good ship.

I dont know how you can say that without hesitation when

Chung Mu (tier IX) has 161,640 DPM and post-nerf YY has 162,000 DPM.

And when it comes to torpedoes it gets worse, Chung Mu reloads her torps 50 seconds faster and deal 1,133 more alpha damage per torp. Yue Yang still has more range, but torpedoes spread too much from each other for ranges longer than 10km.

If u really think a ship is fine being worse than her peer one tier lower u should really reconsider your comparasion parameters.

Edit: why would i play with Yue Yang starting tomorrow and not Chung Mu?

Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[AAA]
Members
473 posts
5,935 battles

I have 10k base xp left on the legendary mod grind so I’ll play her a few more times but then I’m taking my 19 pt captain to another ship

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
46 posts
2,623 battles

I'll miss it.  It's pretty much what Gearing should be as far as model goes.  I don't think anyone would have complained about a Gearing buff in the way of a model fix and .1 better concealment to put it in line with YY.  Instead, the YY is getting hammered into worst tier 10 DD status.  Well, maybe not.  We'll see where it stands against post-buff Shima.  Good thing I have all my other DDs to play.  Maybe one day WG will realize their folly and fix it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
474
[-BRS-]
Members
1,769 posts
14,242 battles
40 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

But when you are planning new premiums for max p2w profits you have to nerf tech tree ships to sell more.  RIP YY.

 That's what I'm guessing to:Smile_facepalm:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,518
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles
1 hour ago, cmdr_bigdog said:

Tomorrow the Yueyang gets nerfed and mine goes back into port. I never got good with her, I started 4 for 20. Since then I've been 50% so my stats will stay under 50%. 

I suggest we all leave her in port, maybe then WOW will eventually do like Groz, buff  it since it isn't played as much as the others. 

"Due to a lack of sufficient data, Yueyang will remain as-is. Thanks for (not) playing."

~Wargaming

:cap_haloween:

 

On an aside and no offense, but your premise to port queen YY is flawed. Groz got buffed because hardly anyone was going up the VMF Line split as the lines were too similar. That's why Groz got the buff, and WG straight up stated this back when they were buffing the VMF split DDs to have a different playstyle and consumable set from the main line. Whereas Yueyang is the end of the PA DD line, and there's no split, thus no better-favored T10 PA DD to contrast Yueyang to. It'll be months before she gets adjusted, if at all. Same way Lion/Conqueror took months to get any sort of rebalance (and getting re-rebalanced with the rumored citadel changes).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
551
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles

This is a really awful change.

Obviously its not effecting competitive at all... because the radar is the issue most likely.

Meanwhile, Radar is about to be mechanically changed, and BB AP is about to be changed. One of those will nerf the YY, the other will buff the gearing a fair amount.

why would we not wait for those changes to come through first?

after this change the YY is strictly a far worse gearing. less HP, doesnt shatter 127mm HE,  better reload all around. Am i supposed to believe the weakest radar at tier is supposed to cover those loses? that the smoke is somehow still relevant? yeah WG sounds fun to have a ship that cant do damage....seems like a good concept of a ship for people to play outside competitive.

 

WG this is by far one of the worst balance decisions you've made in recent history.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
551
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles
1 hour ago, Lonewolfpj said:

It should still be a good ship.

explain why it would be better than a gearing post BB AP changes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
551
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles
1 hour ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

I dont know how you can say that without hesitation when

Chung Mu (tier IX) has 161,640 DPM and post-nerf YY has 162,000 DPM.

And when it comes to torpedoes it gets worse, Chung Mu reloads her torps 50 seconds faster and deal 1,133 more alpha damage per torp. Yue Yang still has more range, but torpedoes spread too much from each other for ranges longer than 10km.

If u really think a ship is fine being worse than her peer one tier lower u should really reconsider your comparasion parameters.

Edit: why would i play with Yue Yang starting tomorrow and not Chung Mu?

you cant bring the chung mu into competitive :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,010
[SALVO]
Members
17,708 posts
18,486 battles
37 minutes ago, Bimmer528 said:

5000 Gold for perma camo wasted....

Thanks WG!

Same here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,010
[SALVO]
Members
17,708 posts
18,486 battles
11 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

This is a really awful change.

Obviously its not effecting competitive at all... because the radar is the issue most likely.

Meanwhile, Radar is about to be mechanically changed, and BB AP is about to be changed. One of those will nerf the YY, the other will buff the gearing a fair amount.

why would we not wait for those changes to come through first?

after this change the YY is strictly a far worse gearing. less HP, doesnt shatter 127mm HE,  better reload all around. Am i supposed to believe the weakest radar at tier is supposed to cover those loses? that the smoke is somehow still relevant? yeah WG sounds fun to have a ship that cant do damage....seems like a good concept of a ship for people to play outside competitive.

 

WG this is by far one of the worst balance decisions you've made in recent history.

Actually, I suspect that this change AFFECTS it more as a competitive DD than for random play.  In competitive play before, the YY was basically a Gearing, particularly if it was a smoke YY.  Radar YY was a little different.  But with this change, now a YY trying to outgun a Gearing will need to be a good deal better than the  Gearing player, because the Gearing's guns will out-DPM him, as well as the Gearing having torps that work against DDs while the YY's don't.

I played my YY a lot in the last season of CBs.  But I probably won't be playing it much in this coming CBs season, and will go with the Gearing most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
494
[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,416 posts
5,170 battles

I appreciate grinding an entire line for a port queen. I would just sell it and re-buy Chung Mu, but I kinda have a feeling they will reload both barrels for that boat too soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
2 hours ago, Kongo_Pride said:

But when you are planning new premiums for max p2w profits you have to nerf tech tree ships to sell more.  RIP YY.

Ala Alsace:( good to see you back on the forum.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
467
[CUTER]
Members
733 posts
19,796 battles
1 minute ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Ala Alsace:( good to see you back on the forum.

It's good and bad to be back...ideas like this get me disgruntled with this game.

Edited by Kongo_Pride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
4 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

It's good and bad to be back...ideas like this get me disgruntled with this game.

You and me both I was banned for a month for letting My inner Sergeant come out on WGing over the Alsace nerf. I posted a topic on how nerfing a ship after people paid cash money for permanent camo was actually fraud regardless of what any EULA says. Went over with the Devs like a lead Balloon. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I see nothing has changed though.

Edited by IronMike11B4O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×