You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hobblegoat

Let me pick my tier

45 comments in this topic

[--O--]
Members
187 posts
18,507 battles

I have every t10 ship i shall ever need and more games at t10 than i shall ever want but when i pick a t8 i get t10 only with a giant handicap so why bother currently picking a t8?

T10 is boring, rare t8 exclusive games are dynamic and fun because dds in smoke cannnot harvest all of a bbs hp in 60 seconds and so on so ppl will and do push.

So as a customer I would ask if wg could implement an 'Option' for t8 etc only battles, i know i am not alone in this.

As it would be an option those with issues simply just need not tick the box to opt out of multi tier spread mm, everyones happy and how hard could it be to program in such a change. 

Just loaded into another t8 game and surprise all t10s.... So until things change when this happens i just punch engines sail foward and go to make coffee

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 14
  • Angry 3

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles

I'll be sure to remember your name so that I can report you any time I see you doing this.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 4

Members
1,592 posts
8,541 battles
13 minutes ago, hobblegoat said:

I have every t10 ship i shall ever need and more games at t10 than i shall ever want but when i pick a t8 i get t10 only with a giant handicap so why bother currently picking a t8?

T10 is boring, rare t8 exclusive games are dynamic and fun because dds in smoke cannnot harvest all of a bbs hp in 60 seconds and so on so ppl will and do push.

So as a customer I would ask if wg could implement an 'Option' for t8 etc only battles, i know i am not alone in this.

As it would be an option those with issues simply just need not tick the box to opt out of multi tier spread mm, everyones happy and how hard could it be to program in such a change. 

Just loaded into another t8 game and surprise all t10s.... So until things change when this happens i just punch engines sail foward and go to make coffee

I was right there with ya, until the last sentence.

[H_]
Members
908 posts

OP.  I'd play a "select tier" system....  That would be really cool....

BUT, never gonna happen in WG-Land

T10 would cease to work and someone, at some point, would realize we need a tier 11 and that would be the place for t10 ships..... 

T9 doesn't really exist for any purpose other than be the number before 10 and after 8.....  We've not quite calculated where T9 actually exists so, they really don't......do they?

T8's are the fillers for the T10 matches.  They have some of the neatest ships and yet, are the fodder for T10?  What a waste of machinery..... 

T7's are just a confused segment because if they were all by themselves, they'd all die of radiation poisoning, He spam disease and dakka overdoses....  They'd be the most toxic tier if left on their own.....

T6 are a happy group of players that are "almost" in WW2 but, are still "technologically impaired."    Geeze, these CPT's can make you smile as they wander around having a good time........

T5 are the Washington Treaty crew that maintain the slower and sometimes ponderous game play that is seriously LOS and where the RNG God lives.....  Chaos theory is a gunnery requirement.

The rest are novelty tiers that exist for some reason only known to God....

Sorry OP, concept is a No-Go.......

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[INTEL]
Members
8,808 posts
26,251 battles
16 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

T8's are the fillers for the T10 matches.  They have some of the neatest ships and yet, are the fodder for T10?  What a waste of machinery..... 

T7's are just a confused segment because if they were all by themselves, they'd all die of radiation poisoning, He spam disease and dakka overdoses....  They'd be the most toxic tier if left on their own.....

T8 gameplay used to be the best in the game, before they ruined it. Right though, T7 is. I play it almost exclusively.

• Cool 3

[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,117 posts
4,715 battles

I really don't understand these threads. Tier 8 ships are more than capable of keeping up with tier 10s. You might not get away with as many mistakes, but that's hardly a handicap. If anything it acts as a last ditch attempt to teach players how to use their ships before they finish the proverbial fail to tier 10 that the kids like to complain about.

Regardless the dev blog recently stated that tier 8s will no longer see tier 10 or will have the odds drastically reduced. Looks like those who refuse to adapt to the game and demand the game adapts to them got their way once again.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 4

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,200 posts
3,940 battles
12 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

OP.  I'd play a "select tier" system....  That would be really cool....

BUT, never gonna happen in WG-Land

T10 would cease to work and someone, at some point, would realize we need a tier 11 and that would be the place for t10 ships..... 

T9 doesn't really exist for any purpose other than be the number before 10 and after 8.....  We've not quite calculated where T9 actually exists so, they really don't......do they?

T6 are a happy group of players that are "almost" in WW2 but, are still "technologically impaired."    Geeze, these CPT's can make you smile as they wander around having a good time........

T5 are the Washington Treaty crew that maintain the slower and sometimes ponderous game play that is seriously LOS and where the RNG God lives.....  Chaos theory is a gunnery requirement.

The rest are novelty tiers that exist for some reason only known to God....

Sorry OP, concept is a No-Go.......

very entertaining read. thank you.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,566 posts
13,172 battles
37 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'll be sure to remember your name so that I can report you any time I see you doing this.

^

• Cool 2

Members
61 posts
672 battles
41 minutes ago, hobblegoat said:

You do realize that the 6s and the 7s will all select that option as well, right? And that means no juicy Warspites and Aobas for your tier 8 to chew on? And that the wait times will go through the roof, because nothing can launch until there are 24 players of a single tier in matching arrangements of CV/BB/C/DD, with no more than X DDs, etc.?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,836 posts
6,940 battles
43 minutes ago, Crucis said:

^

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,231 posts
9,570 battles

From tomorrows patch. If this works tier 8 and 9 will see fewer tier 10 matches.

Matchmaker Optimization

In response to numerous requests from our players, we are improving the matchmaker and enhancing the algorithms responsible for creating teams. This change will be more relevant to Tier VIII–X ships. Tier X battles will have fewer Tier VIII and IX ships as these will more often be matched to Tier VIII and IX battles.

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,945 posts
4,837 battles
1 hour ago, hobblegoat said:

hahahaha.png

Members
18,949 posts
5,333 battles

Good question. Play a lower tier?

Members
18,949 posts
5,333 battles
32 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

You do realize that the 6s and the 7s will all select that option as well, right? And that means no juicy Warspites and Aobas for your tier 8 to chew on?

To be fair, I read it as the OP asking for T8-only battles, as in all ships in the match would be T8.

Edited by Skpstr

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,231 posts
9,570 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

To be fair, I read it as the OP asking for T8-only battles, as in no T6,7,9,or 10s in the matches.

I read it the other way that the OP wants to beat up on the tier 6's & 7's.

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles
22 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

From tomorrows patch. If this works tier 8 and 9 will see fewer tier 10 matches.

Interesting, but VERY vague.  I wish that they could have included a little more detail on this optimization.

[O_O]
Members
4,596 posts
10,008 battles

but when i pick a t8 i get t10 only with a giant handicap so why bother currently picking a t8?

17,000+ battles and you haven't figured out how to make a T8 competitive against T10's?

Additionally, my experience with T8 must be wildly different that yours.  In my last 522 games in T8 ships, I only saw T10's in 209 of them...or 40%.  Non-issue.  I often enjoy the challenge.

Your last sentence, however...shame on you.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,231 posts
9,570 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Interesting, but VERY vague.  I wish that they could have included a little more detail on this optimization.

Yeah, are they limiting how many tier 8's and tier 9's that can be in a tier 10 match or are them requiring more tier 8's or tier 9's be in a tier 10 match? Either way there will be fewer tier 10 matches with tier 8's & 9's and I would be fine with either result because it isn't being a tier 8 in a tier 10 match that is the problem it is being one of very few tier 8's in a tier 10 match.

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles
14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, are they limiting how many tier 8's and tier 9's that can be in a tier 10 match or are them requiring more tier 8's or tier 9's be in a tier 10 match? Either way there will be fewer tier 10 matches with tier 8's & 9's and I would be fine with either result because it isn't being a tier 8 in a tier 10 match that is the problem it is being one of very few tier 8's in a tier 10 match.

Frankly, it would seem like limiting the number of tier 8's in tier 10 battles would only make it worse for those times when you're in a tier 8 and find yourself in a heavy tier 10 battle.  I have to wonder if things would be better if WoWS's MM looked more like WoT, where you'd have something like 2 t10's, 4 t9's, and 6 t8's on a team. Or when the numbers allow for it, you could see 100% tier 10's, or something like 5 t10's and 7 t9's.  The problem I foresee here is a lack of tier 9's, rather than a lack of tier 8's, for filling out team make ups like these.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,231 posts
9,570 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Frankly, it would seem like limiting the number of tier 8's in tier 10 battles would only make it worse for those times when you're in a tier 8 and find yourself in a heavy tier 10 battle.  I have to wonder if things would be better if WoWS's MM looked more like WoT, where you'd have something like 2 t10's, 4 t9's, and 6 t8's on a team. Or when the numbers allow for it, you could see 100% tier 10's, or something like 5 t10's and 7 t9's.  The problem I foresee here is a lack of tier 9's, rather than a lack of tier 8's, for filling out team make ups like these.

True but that is what far too many tier 10 matches look like now.  At a guess we will start seeing all tier 10 matches but until tomorrow all we can do is guess.

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True but that is what far too many tier 10 matches look like now.  At a guess we will start seeing all tier 10 matches but until tomorrow all we can do is guess.

I think that one thing they can do if there's a choice between filling a team of 11 tier 10's with a tier 8, and just waiting a little longer in hopes of a tier 9 or another tier 10 entering the queue, is to just wait a little longer.  Or drop teams of 11 tier 10s, rather than stick one poor tier 8 on each team.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,054 posts
12,917 battles
37 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

17,000+ battles and you haven't figured out how to make a T8 competitive against T10's?

Additionally, my experience with T8 must be wildly different that yours.  In my last 522 games in T8 ships, I only saw T10's in 209 of them...or 40%.  Non-issue.  I often enjoy the challenge.

Your last sentence, however...shame on you.

My experience is 66% tier 10 match when i choose a tier 8 ship. I cà make it work but it becomes boring to have to do it regularly. Glad theyre « reducing » it, but 66% to 60 % is still a reduction but not good enough. Only time will tell.

Members
2,571 posts
5,563 battles
2 hours ago, hobblegoat said:

I hear ya...right now I am just about to Battle in my German BB called Keurig.....and she can launch PODs  to destroy SUBS...:cap_tea: