You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: 4 Goal Haul Achievement To End w/ 7.11

17 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles

As the title says with the arrival of 7.11 and the end of the Ovechkin Event the 4 Goal Haul achievement will no longer be awarded. Kind of sucks as it was one you could win in Co-op. Just made it a little extra special for a good game.

Other

• Since the event dedicated to Alexander Ovechkin is now over, the "Four-Goal Haul" achievement is no longer available.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0711-rule-britannia/

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just made it a little extra special for a good game.

My kids liked it whenever I won a little baby squidling. Cuttlefish unleashed! :Smile_izmena:

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles
11 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I really liked getting a Calamari for 4 kills.  Too bad.  :Smile-angry:

I honestly do not know why WG has not added Co-op specific achievements by now. I understand originally the mode was not believed to be popular like it is now so they probably didn't even consider it when the game launched. BUT the mode has grown to be very popular and they have added Scenarios that get achievements to the game. Every mode gets them BUT Co-op (unless something temporary). I saw something in a Dev Blog post a short while back about new achievements planned but they hadn't had time for them yet but they are coming eventually. I hope this is/includes for Co-op.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
15 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I hope this is/includes for Co-op.

We have the precedent now, which gives us leverage for the future. The popularity is largely their own doing, especially with the RN event being doable in co-op and some of the Halsey missions also being allowed there.

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles

That's too bad.  I liked the camos that were rewarded for a 4-kill match.

[LUCK]
Members
1,381 posts
20,682 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

That's too bad.  I liked the camos that were rewarded for a 4-kill match.

Camos were rewarded? I never noticed that.

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles
2 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Yeah, it's the one with the red and blue scheme.  Not to be confused with the Union Jack camo, of course.

Members
121 posts
6,399 battles
7 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

You're not the only one. I've gotten like 2 dozen of the awards, and I never once noticed they were giving me camo. Rather dissapointed to see it go, now that I know.

[O_S_D]
Members
42 posts
5,044 battles

I think its funny that it was such a popular award.  I got roasted in the forum several years ago for suggesting an award for sinking a dd, ca, bb and a cv all in one battle.  

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,846 posts
4,814 battles

I wish WG would keep it for all those times people played well but didn't quite manage to get that Kraken. I know I've had plenty of times where I just couldn't get the killing blow for that fifth ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
53 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

I think they ought to keep it as a sort of 'mini-kraken' for co-op. Doesn't need to have any rewards tied to it, just the achievement itself.

Agree completely. @Gneisenau013, @Pigeon_of_War, can you send this upstream to the powers that be, please?

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
121 posts
13,269 battles

Four ships sunk might be too low a bar for Co-op. 

Instead, sink five ships in Co-op and get a 'mini-Kraken' called Calamari, Squid, or Cuttlefish.  A camo or signal flag award for first time per day would be nice.

Other Co-op alternative Achievements for Random Achievements are needed as well.