You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Black Friday Crates (7.11)

69 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0711-rule-britannia/

Black Friday

Black Friday containers are coming to the game! They can bring you one of the following items:

• Tirpitz B
  • Atago B
  • Asashio B
  • Massachusetts B
  • 2x "Type 59" camo
  • 250 doubloons
  • 1 day of Premium Account time
  • 5,000 Free XP
  • 4x "Shadow Lurker" camo

The Premium Shop will offer Black Friday Premium Containers with the following loot options:

• Tirpitz B
  • Atago B
  • Asashio B
  • Massachusetts B
  • 10x "Type 59" camo
  • 1,250 doubloons
  • 14 days of Premium Account time
  • 35,000 Free XP
  • 20x "Shadow Lurker" camo

The following four ships were added: Tirpitz B, Atago B, Asashio B, and Massachusetts B. The ships can be distinguished by the color schemes of their permanent camo, and are completely identical to the "original" ships in terms of combat characteristics.

Added an expendable camo called "Shadow Lurker" inspired by the Black Friday shopping extravaganza. Bonuses:

• –3% to the ship's detectability
  • +4% to dispersion of shells fired by enemies attacking your ship
  • +75% XP per battle
  • +150% Free XP per battle
  • +100% Commander XP per battle

• Cool 2

[DOG]
Members
467 posts
6,005 battles

What does the "B" after the ship names mean?  Is it just some cosmetic difference?  Or something that actually impacts gameplay?

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
1 minute ago, zubalkabir said:

What does the "B" after the ship names mean?  Is it just some cosmetic difference?  Or something that actually impacts gameplay?

They bear the same relation to the usual ships as the Lima variants do - looks different, plays the same, but registers as a different ship in your port. So if you always wanted two Tirpitzes (for example) set up in different ways with different upgrade modules, this will let you do that.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
269 posts
1,116 battles

Does anyone have any general idea how much the crates will cost and the % chance of getting a ship?

Would be interesting to know the relative price of getting a ship based on odds.  I suspect most crates will contain camo's which everyone has too many of now.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
15 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Would be interesting to know the relative price of getting a ship based on odds.

Unless your pockets are very deep and you are willing to buy a lot and fail without getting salty, I would give it a miss. I'm going for what I can win in-game. If I don't win a ship, that's just too bad.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
269 posts
1,116 battles

That bad huh...1 in a 100 for a $3 crate would be a $300 ship.

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,032 posts
6,450 battles

LOL, the drop rates for the free black friday containers for those ships must be pretty minuscule.

[DENY]
Members
259 posts
6,961 battles

Well, I have all those ships, but if you don't, it could be a good buy to unlock them. The Shadow Cammo looks worthwhile as well.

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
39 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Does anyone have any general idea how much the crates will cost and the % chance of getting a ship?

Would be interesting to know the relative price of getting a ship based on odds.  I suspect most crates will contain camo's which everyone has too many of now.

The crates will probably be expensive. $5 or so would be my SWAG.

The ship drops will almost certainly be RARE. Like the RN ship drops. So you may buy many, many containers and not get a ship.

Members
2,164 posts
19 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

That bad huh...1 in a 100 for a $3 crate would be a $300 ship.

2016 was the best year to get crates ships. 2017 showed they nerfed them... This year I'm expecting it to be worse.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
876 posts
63 battles
35 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Unless your pockets are very deep and you are willing to buy a lot and fail without getting salty, I would give it a miss. I'm going for what I can win in-game. If I don't win a ship, that's just too bad.

I don't want the ships I want the free xp. :Smile_hiding: I have a lot of specialty captains in the 10-14 point range I don't want to grind up.

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
3 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

I don't want the ships I want the free xp. :Smile_hiding: I have a lot of specialty captains in the 10-14 point range I don't want to grind up.

I hope you have been grinding the Halloween events for Elite Cmdr XP (ECXP). I would only use FXP to get one Cmdr to 19pts and then grind ECXP to boost other captains.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I have Atago, Tirpitz and Asashio already, and black camo on a ship I don't play isn't that big a deal. I'll be hoping for a few camos to commemorate the event but that's it. Let's see how bad the "deals" will be over Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and then Santa Crates are also probably going to disappoint this year too I'd imagine. 

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
876 posts
63 battles
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I hope you have been grinding the Halloween events for Elite Cmdr XP (ECXP). I would only use FXP to get one Cmdr to 19pts and then grind ECXP to boost other captains.

Subs aren't my thing. I have a few 19 point commanders. I went into randoms today to grind some XP and I remember why I don't . Managed 30k elite xp in two games but oh boy what teams. Give me back the regular ops WG. I know tomorrow.:cap_win:

Edited by Sparviero

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles

I don't buy into the Black Friday marketing ploy. You just can't save money by spending money. You may buy at a discount, but you are still spending. Saving money is when you stick it in your sock drawer.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 3

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
135 posts
3,762 battles

Black edition has the best statistical win rate

because only the most hard core players buy them

so

respect the black ships1*gnMZCvmyKF137YDiDXtL_Q.jpeg

• Funny 1

Members
176 posts
9,717 battles

The crates will be $5 each I'm sure. You have to consider you have a very small chance to get a $50 ship in them, so they will cost $$$$$. 

Not worth it AT ALL to me. The camos are ok, but not great. I have 1.4M free XP right now. One month of premium is about $12.50, not bad. I don't need the 200 percent camos. The black ships are just silly when you consider many people own the "normal" version of those ships already, as they''ve already paid $50 for them. It's something some people will spend more money to get the same ship with a different camo. 

WG has not done an interesting special box in a while now. I have no hope for Christmas either.

AND I'm upset that the Mizzou was added to super containers. I mean really? What about the people that grinded 750K Free XP two years ago when it was much tougher? Come on. 

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
6 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Give me back the regular ops WG.

You'll like this next one even more than Randoms - it's PvP, but the environment kills any ships that try to hump the border.

[DOG]
Members
467 posts
6,005 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They bear the same relation to the usual ships as the Lima variants do - looks different, plays the same, but registers as a different ship in your port. So if you always wanted two Tirpitzes (for example) set up in different ways with different upgrade modules, this will let you do that.

Cool.  Thanks for the information.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
876 posts
63 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You'll like this next one even more than Randoms - it's PvP, but the environment kills any ships that try to hump the border.

That creep thing is next eh? I will have to rewatch the twitch stream on it. I don't mind randoms honestly it just the frequency of playing against a focused team versus being on the adhd team. /totallynotarobot I realize the game mechanics of WG games are such that snowballs are the statistical reality.

I had to go afk in my first match and still came back to do better than half the team. I was probably the problem that game because I was literally in the middle afk for five minutes. Thankfully the red team decided to HE farm a Roma with FP as well as heal and fire reduction flags. :cap_like:The second match could have been won if the lyon had stayed with us and the bismarck had gone bow in and said damn the torpedoes. The Lyon probably left the match thinking the rest of us suck because he killed one ship by his lonesome and got high score. The bismarck probably thinks he did his part because he managed a couple of CQB medals. When in reality both players made an early tactical error that robbed us of a chance to win the match.

The game rewards those that sit back and unfortunately players will blink at critical moments because they believe they are rewarded for this and are unaware of the opportunities for rewards they just left on the table. I can't blame them so I go into PvE. Win/Win for everyone.

[LUCK]
Members
1,381 posts
20,686 battles
28 minutes ago, Primace said:

Black edition has the best statistical win rate

because only the most hard core players buy them

so

respect the black ships1*gnMZCvmyKF137YDiDXtL_Q.jpeg

Black ships matter?

• Funny 1