Kami

Update 0.7.11 Bug Report

55 comments in this topic

-Members-
1,640 posts
974 battles

Greetings Captains!

The Update 0.7.11 is here, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us exampleson
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report Please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here: 

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

If you're trying to report any technical issue, please make sure to attach WG Check report to your posts. 

[DENY]
Members
33 posts
8,631 battles

Just updated and loaded up the WoW client now and it appears the next stage of Royal Navy Event  missions are missing.

EDIT: Just recalled that the Events are started on Thursdays.  I was alarmed because the Royal Navy patch went missing from the GUI and the Arsenal was reduced to just the Cossack (which does  make sense at this point). But it means I cannot check and see where I am with the Hall of Fame.

Edited by GrayMaulkin

[HOL]
Members
47 posts
2,643 battles

So because I don't have the Orlan, nore do I want it, I lose all the ship exp points, from the previous Halloween ships ?????? oh and the Elite commander points didn't show up, from the Halloween commanders, so basicaly it was/is all just a waist of time grinding, anything Halloween, thanks, 7.11 update, oh today's update...

[-A-8-]
Members
131 posts
12,940 battles
3 hours ago, Gothik6969 said:

So because I don't have the Orlan, nore do I want it, I lose all the ship exp points, from the previous Halloween ships ?????? oh and the Elite commander points didn't show up, from the Halloween commanders, so basicaly it was/is all just a waist of time grinding, anything Halloween, thanks, 7.11 update, oh today's update...

The xp moved to the Orlan is not lost, it's just a holding ship so it's there if/when you want to convert xp to free xp. It had to be moved now the Halloween scenario ships have been removed from your port.

Right mouse click on any captain and select Go To Personel File. Your commander xp should be visible about 2/3rds of the way down on the left hand side. When you play a battle with a 19 point captain it's xp automatically gets added to that pool.

[SW]
[SW]
Members
137 posts
20,806 battles

What has happened to the Royal Navy Event.  I was under the impression it had 3 more weeks until it's end.  Normally on Wednesday morning we see the newest missions show up.  The Icon on the top left is also missing.  I notice someone up above has the same issue but he thinks they start on Thursday, but I remember them starting on Wednesday, 4 events completing on Saturday.

[TGG]
Members
58 posts
4,702 battles

The icon for Co-Op battle incorrectly displays as the Random Battle icon in the port view.   It does say co-op, but I use the icons and have been burned twice thinking it was Random and wasting my 50% first win bonus.

[-A-8-]
Members
131 posts
12,940 battles
1 hour ago, Grampy2015 said:

What has happened to the Royal Navy Event.  I was under the impression it had 3 more weeks until it's end.  Normally on Wednesday morning we see the newest missions show up.  The Icon on the top left is also missing.  I notice someone up above has the same issue but he thinks they start on Thursday, but I remember them starting on Wednesday, 4 events completing on Saturday.

The week after an update they've started on a Thursday by making 2 directives available. I suspect it's to give themselves 24 hours to make sure the update has no bugs in it.

Members
7 posts
8,610 battles

I get a "disconnected from server" error when I try to log in. I've verified connectivity out to the internet. 

[TARP]
Members
12 posts
6,170 battles

Had a kagero stealth shooting at me. He was invisible, no smoke, and i could see the shells taking off from the water. He stayed invisible until I got closer to him.

[-ARP-]
Members
656 posts
13,479 battles

Update has broken Imperator Nikolai I horn (rasputin skin) again! Please add horn back!

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[TBB]
Members
19 posts
14,210 battles

I've had 2 issues since this update.

1) Game locked me in que for 15 minutes. Only way to get out was to CNT+ALT+DEL to get to task manager & then shut down the game. Once I returned the ship was still in battle and I was hit with the pink hat of shame. I see NO reason that a player, myself or someone else, should get docked with a WG failure.

2) The first crash was when I was logging into game and it hard crashed.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

In the mission, whale something or other, the forts kept vanishing, blinking on and off a few seconds at a time. Made it very hard to actually hit anything.

Decided to not play the missions till its fixed. (I assume that means I'll never be playing the missions again, or at least, not that one.)

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
10 hours ago, wildgooseman said:

The week after an update they've started on a Thursday by making 2 directives available. I suspect it's to give themselves 24 hours to make sure the update has no bugs in it.

yeah, when has an update NEVER had bugs? They're dreaming if they thought that.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

NEW BUG!!!!

In the twilight map mode, I ran into an island an was promptly sunk.... However, unless you have the mini map fully enlarged, its very hard to even see. Its not an island, but a rock.

OK, maybe not a bug, but its fecking annoying.

Supertester
198 posts
23,490 battles
On 11/21/2018 at 5:57 PM, Agmarr said:

I get a "disconnected from server" error when I try to log in. I've verified connectivity out to the internet. 

I get this as well. Every time I launch the game, it says 'error connecting to server' and makes me re-enter my password. Auto log in is not working.

Edited by BoraHorzaGobuchul

[-DZ-]
Members
646 posts
29,255 battles

what about the bug in the twilight mode, with the Ghoul able to ram, with the speed boost on, can kill a Leviathan without a single hp loss? or is it a feature? 

Edited by Submarine_M1

[WAR-S]
Members
96 posts
11,594 battles
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, Captain_Zhorge said:

The icon for Co-Op battle incorrectly displays as the Random Battle icon in the port view.   It does say co-op, but I use the icons and have been burned twice thinking it was Random and wasting my 50% first win bonus.

I've had this happen quite a few times too.

[THOR7]
Members
1 post
4,021 battles

Hi, I purchased the Black Massachusetts yesterday. The deal includes a combat mission for 2,500 doubloons on Massachusetts. I can now see the mission in my personal assignments. However it doesn't allow me to play it. The Battle! option is gray out. And I didn't receive any bonus doubloons from playing the ship. I attached a screenshot for you. Could you take a look and let me know how to make it work please? Thanks.

wows black massachusetts spec mission.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
398 posts
7,502 battles
53 minutes ago, CrossUSF said:

Hi, I purchased the Black Massachusetts yesterday. The deal includes a combat mission for 2,500 doubloons on Massachusetts. I can now see the mission in my personal assignments. However it doesn't allow me to play it. The Battle! option is gray out. And I didn't receive any bonus doubloons from playing the ship. I attached a screenshot for you. Could you take a look and let me know how to make it work please? Thanks.

wows black massachusetts spec mission.jpg

you have to do the mission on Massachusetts, not Massachusetts B

[FF]
Members
76 posts
3,366 battles
On 11/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, Submarine_M1 said:

what about the bug in the twilight mode, with the Ghoul able to ram, with the speed boost on, can kill a Leviathan without a single hp loss? or is it a feature? 

feature, but where are the other ships that is supposedly able to unlock with 5 wins of each ship type?

Edited by redneck1776
  • Cool 1

Members
154 posts
7,792 battles

I just logged in and saw this?

What do now? My offer expires in 3 hours!

Edit: Link to PS fails.

image.png.cd87b5019de6a0c5d832ace6d99f6efe.png

Edited by permanentnoob

[-V1-]
Members
403 posts
6,922 battles

Yes, I play on an Apple, though have a new PC being built.   But with the last update when I am logging into the game the screen at which in the past I had checked the "Remember Me" box caused an Error Message in a box to pop up telling me my ID or Password is wrong and to relog in.    After carefully inputting each letter and number of my password often I will get the same message again and only after 2 or 3 attempts will it finally accept my password and take me on into the game.    So I've unchecked the "Remember Me" box and very carefully and slowly enter each letter of my password and every time I still get an error message on the 1st attempt.    WoWs is the only program that I'm having this issue with so it is not my computer.    Mind boggling!

[-ARP-]
Members
656 posts
13,479 battles

Opening a crate that gifts you premium time takes you to the premium port while opening the crate and crashes the game.