You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Musashi/Kronshtadt Leaving (8.0) - Misouri in SC's!

52 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,426 posts
11,414 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0711-rule-britannia/#content

Scroll down using the link above to find the info below...

Musashi and Kronshtadt

Starting from update 0.8.0, Tier IX ships Musashi and Kronshtadt will no longer be available to purchase with Free XP and also cannot be obtained for Coal in the game client.

These ships are becoming extremely popular for their tier, and to avoid Tier IX battles becoming packed with them, as well as to maintain diversity, we decided to remove the possibility of purchasing or obtaining these ships for an indefinite period. As such, they have already been replaced with French Tier IX battleship Jean Bart, with plans in progress to introduce another ship of the same tier in future.

We understand that accumulating resources for these ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance so that those of you who are interested can steer these ships into your Ports before Update 0.8.0 goes live. You have approximately two months remaining to get Musashi and Kronshtadt.

Other:

The following warships may now appear in Supercontainers: Kronshtadt, Musashi, and MISSOURI!!!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,130 posts
4,851 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The following warships may now appear in Supercontainers: Kronshtadt, Musashi, and MISSOURI!!!!

Cue people spamming the f out of TYL containers...

12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

another ship of the same tier in future.

My guess is this new Neustrashimy for FXP and coal, Alaska for FXP only (given that Kronshtadt was never a coal ship), but we shall see. 

At the rate I am accumulating FXP, I just MIGHT sneak it in before 0.8.0 goes live. MIGHT. At least they have given us plenty of warning. I was going to try accumulating some more flags and camo, but forget that - it's resource containers all the way now.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[TDD]
Members
925 posts
8,064 battles

lol

these ships aren't being removed because they are too popular they are being removed because they are too cheap and WG knows that they can't just raise the price nor put any other ships in at a higher price  with these there still at 750k without infuriating the player base. Just wait you will never see a 750,000 fxp ship again

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,830 posts
4,814 battles

It'd be nice if Azuma was moved down to tier 9 and made a replacement FXP ship for Musashi. I have plenty of FCP. The announcement that it was tier 10 was not pleasing, since that means either coal or steel which I have little or none of atm

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,374 posts
2,162 battles
Just now, nina_blain_73 said:

lol

these ships aren't being removed because they are too popular they are being removed because they are too cheap and WG knows that they can't just raise the price nor put any other ships in at a higher price  with these there still at 750k without infuriating the player base. Just wait you will never see a 750,000 fxp ship again

Musashi is damn common.  I don't see any reason to jump on "Ha, you're lying!" other than trying to say "Look how jaded I am!  I am so super cool!".

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles

Patch 7.12 should drop Dec 12th and if WG goes back to the 4 week Dev cycle, then patch 8.0 would be Jan 9th.

Patch 7.12 dropped Dec 19th and is 5 weeks long. So patch 8.0 drops Jan 23rd.

Edited by Kizarvexis
updated dates

[SVF]
Members
988 posts
1,354 battles
7 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Musashi is damn common.  I don't see any reason to jump on "Ha, you're lying!" other than trying to say "Look how jaded I am!  I am so super cool!".

Is it really being jaded, or just reading the tea leaves and basing thoughts on Sub_Octavian's recent comments of "Too much FXP is around and too many FXP ships in the MM"?  Anyway, nina might still be incorrect about never seeing 750k FXP ships again.  We might- at T7. =\

Edited by landcollector
  • Funny 1

[WPP]
Members
617 posts
6,174 battles
6 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Is it really being jaded, or just reading the tea leaves and basing thoughts on Sub_Octavian's recent comments of "Too much FXP is around and too many FXP ships in the MM"?

It can’t be that.  That would make sense.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,581 posts
13,603 battles
21 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

lol

Bingo! You win … a sock puppet 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,581 posts
13,603 battles
18 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Actually, it's not cool WG … NOT cool AT ALL!

• Boring 1

[ADAPT]
Members
834 posts
13,602 battles

Why not 750k fxp? They can also sell ship lije Nelson. Price 300k something.. Lot of choice out there, it doesnt have to be t9 ships right.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,581 posts
13,603 battles
21 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Is it really being jaded, or just reading the tea leaves and basing thoughts on Sub_Octavian's recent comments of "Too much FXP is around and too many FXP ships in the MM"?  Anyway, nina might still be incorrect about never seeing 750k FXP ships again.  We might- at T7. =\

This is WG saying "Use Your Free XP Now, because there is no later"

There's nothing subtle about it - whatever bone they throw our way will be limited and very expensive

Edited by Commander_367
  • Boring 1

Members
262 posts
1,001 battles

Can you buy these ships with free xp by purchasing doubloons? Yes I know I should earn the free xp, but with a crazy RL schedule I do not have the time to grind like I use to.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,581 posts
13,603 battles
2 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Can you buy these ships with free xp by purchasing doubloons? Yes I know I should earn the free xp, but with a crazy RL schedule I do not have the time to grind like I use to.

Maybe use your free xp flags/camos now to maximize their use before spending cash

When something is losing value, it's better to use/spend it quickly vs buying more

Edited by Commander_367
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
6,426 posts
11,414 battles
3 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

As long as you have elite XP to convert into FXP with the doubloons, yes.

[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles

When I get into a Tier 7 or higher match, one is assured of seeing at least 1-3 Musashi's, having them remove her I can understand.  However I do not understand the Kronshtadt's removal, as I rarely see her in Tier 7 or higher matches.

[SEMFI]
Alpha Tester
82 posts
3,283 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Patch 7.12 should drop Dec 12th and if WG goes back to the 4 week Dev cycle, then patch 8.0 would be Jan 9th.

Considering that 7.11 is not coming out until tomorrow, I highly doubt that December 12th will be the launch of 7.12. The date for the end of the Royal Navy event may be the 11th, but they can just as easily add a minor update to get rid of the event. Considering they have everything they need to add bar Santa containers for the month of December, I doubt we will be seeing another update until closer to the 25th. 

[FTH]
[FTH]
Members
303 posts
11,556 battles
45 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Yes, you can convert it at a rate of 25 FXP: 1 doubloon atm, either from elite commander xp, or elite ship xp...being as this is Tuesday with Black Friday coming up...I'm not sure if I wouldn't wait till Friday to see if we see one of their 35:1 sales...there's usually 4 a year or so and we're getting close to the end of the year...not guaranteeing anything, just suggesting, since you've got 2 months, may not hurt to wait 2 more days.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,130 posts
4,851 battles
41 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

This is WG saying "Use Your Free XP Now, because there is no later"

Perhaps. 

I am eyeing my port and checking my options for grinding Free XP when I eventually run out of Ouroboros flags (which I will) and Papa Papa (not likely).

I have Monarch and New Orleans with Congratulatory (+50% FXP) and Anshan with her special (+100% FXP) camo.

I have a reasonable number of ESCL flags, and the game is always giving out more.

I can spam More Resources containers to earn free XP (every little bit helps).

I can hope for a supercontainer drop.

Two days before the end, I will assess the situation and see how much it would cost me to reach 750K.  All this changes if we have another 35 FXP/doubloon event before this. Preferably JUST before this.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
9,581 battles
20 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

this is a good sign , maybe they'll remove the Stalingrad . 

As much as I dislike that ship (I think she should have kronshtat sigma & dispersion, but with Missouri credit making capability as compensation), removing her would be a bad idea at this point. It would seriously hurt clans in competitive play who don’t have her. 

Break-break

I think we are seeing a precedent with T9 FXP ships. It appears that they will only be around for a limited time before they are moved out. I suspect this will continue into the future.

Edited by SavageTactical
Clarification and adding further thoughts.

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
On 11/20/2018 at 11:25 AM, Iron_569 said:

Considering that 7.11 is not coming out until tomorrow, I highly doubt that December 12th will be the launch of 7.12. The date for the end of the Royal Navy event may be the 11th, but they can just as easily add a minor update to get rid of the event. Considering they have everything they need to add bar Santa containers for the month of December, I doubt we will be seeing another update until closer to the 25th. 

Well, patch 7.10 was originally going to be 4 weeks and patch 7.11 4 weeks, but patch 7.10 got an extra week for the Halloween event. So Patch 7.11 very well could be 3 weeks long with patch 7.12 dropping Dec 12th and 8.0 dropping Jan 9th. If Patch 7.11 is four weeks long, then patch 7.12 would drop Dec 19th and 8.0 would drop Jan 16th, meaning the in-game notice of Guineas ending Jan 22nd, doesn't fit either. WG likes their guessing games and I would plan on 8.0 ending Jan 9th, just to make sure.

Patch 7.10 was 5 week long and patch 7.11 was 4 weeks long. Patch 7.12 dropped Dec 19th and patch 8.0 drops Jan 23rd.

N0gLhYf.jpg

^^This is still listed in game^^

IFlKXlR.jpg

So 7.12 ending would either be Jan 9th or Jan 16th or possibly some other date. Jan 23rd.

Edited by Kizarvexis
updated dates

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
10,064 battles

Oh Nice, should be some interesting replacements coming in.