You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

PSA: Musashi and Kronshtadt Going Away in Approximately 2 Months

184 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
412 posts
6,102 battles

Musashi and Kronshtadt

Starting from update 0.8.0, Tier IX ships Musashi and Kronshtadt will no longer be available to purchase with Free XP and also cannot be obtained for Coal in the game client.

These ships are becoming extremely popular for their tier, and to avoid Tier IX battles becoming packed with them, as well as to maintain diversity, we decided to remove the possibility of purchasing or obtaining these ships for an indefinite period. As such, they have already been replaced with French Tier IX battleship Jean Bart, with plans in progress to introduce another ship of the same tier in future.

We understand that accumulating resources for these ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance so that those of you who are interested can steer these ships into your Ports before Update 0.8.0 goes live. You have approximately two months remaining to get Musashi and Kronshtadt.

• The following warships may now appear in Supercontainers: Kronshtadt, Missouri and Musashi. (Starting in Update 0.7.11 November 21)

Edited by DocWalker
text color

Beta Testers
557 posts
7,056 battles

Well hopefully certain ships, many of us have been waiting for, will have been released by then so we know how much FXP or coal we have left.  Then I can personally consider how to buy the Musashi or the Kronshtadt.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,109 posts
4,839 battles

Well, that certainly simplifies my FXP choices. I have about 500,000 loose, but I'm not so desperate for either Mush or Kron to spend money to convert the balance. I shall keep on trying, and if I get there, I get there.

Missouri being able to appear in a supercontainer is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE news. 

I will also never be able to get enough coal in time to obtain Musashi. I wonder what will be happening with Salem.

[SIM]
Members
2,652 posts
4,416 battles

Lame. I have both ships, but I hate seeing content get gated off like this (and no, these ships appearing in Supercontainers is not good enough).

• Cool 6

[O_O]
Members
8 posts
3,535 battles

I was hoping Missouri would become available again somehow, but in a Super Container?  WG is twisting the knife at this point.  

• Cool 2

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,495 posts
3,803 battles
Just now, Rustyhole said:

I was hoping Missouri would become available again somehow, but in a Super Container?  WG is twisting the knife at this point.  

They are having massive issues with Free XP ships screwing up MM at tier 9. I would be shocked if Missouri ever returns to the game. 

I would not hold my breath..

• Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,570 posts
13,580 battles

And so, the free xp story unfolds … nice of them to give players a small chance in hell of receiving those ships once they're removed :)

… points to current threads on how free xp is being devalued 

Edited by Commander_367

[ARGSY]
Members
7,109 posts
4,839 battles

IT gets even more interesting when you consider they will be selling premium containers with a random chance of 35,000 free XP. So yeah, sacrifice your firstborn and your entire bank balance to RNGesus, and you can directly buy free experience...  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0711-rule-britannia/ 

The Premium Shop will offer Black Friday Premium Containers with the following loot options:

faef2010-ecc7-11e8-b008-d89d6715223c_330
  • Tirpitz B
  • Atago B
  • Asashio B
  • Massachusetts B
  • 10x "Type 59" camo
  • 1,250 doubloons
  • 14 days of Premium Account time
  • 35,000 Free XP
  • 20x "Shadow Lurker" camo

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
861 posts
63 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

IT gets even more interesting when you consider they will be selling premium containers with a random chance of 35,000 free XP. So yeah, sacrifice your firstborn and your entire bank balance to RNGesus, and you can directly buy free experience...  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0711-rule-britannia/ 

The Premium Shop will offer Black Friday Premium Containers with the following loot options:

• Tirpitz B
  • Atago B
  • Asashio B
  • Massachusetts B
  • 10x "Type 59" camo
  • 1,250 doubloons
  • 35,000 Free XP

Looks like imma getting a crapton of lurker camos. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
703 posts

Since Khron is being replaced, I guess with Alaska?  This means Alaska for DB or Coal?

[DRACS]
Members
3,602 posts

Hopefully, this cryptic next ship in the future is the Alaska. Everyone has been waiting on that ship's release for a long long time. Hell, she was much more anticipated than either of the current selection of tier 9 and 10 premiums. 

Members
323 posts

This isn't a bad thing. You get like 1 to 2 Musashi's in every battle it seems. Kron isn't as popular but WG says it's OP and hence that is the real reason it's going. 

This assures Alaska as a free xp ship. I think Jean Bart will be as well once 8.0 drops. 

[OPG]
Members
4,081 posts
5,849 battles
3 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

cRONSTADT1.gif

Syafpztddt? It really hurts my brain when people fake write with Cyrillic letters.  I'm guessing based on context it's supposed to say Kronshtadt....but it took me a while to decipher it.   

• Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
8 posts
3,535 battles
13 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

They are having massive issues with Free XP ships screwing up MM at tier 9. I would be shocked if Missouri ever returns to the game. 

I would not hold my breath..

So let's add even more Tier IX ships! Genius!  While continuously taking a piss on a historically significant ship (Missouri)....in a game about WWII warships.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
897 posts
5,289 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

• Tirpitz B
  • Atago B
  • Asashio B
  • Massachusetts B
  • 10x "Type 59" camo
  • 1,250 doubloons
  • 35,000 Free XP

Amazing how I read in a post from a forum dweller that WG is upset about there being too much Free XP out there but they are still giving it away in crates. At least this doesn't appeal to me at all.

Alpha Tester
297 posts
7,306 battles
16 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

They are having massive issues with Free XP ships screwing up MM at tier 9.

Why would MM care whether your boat is a tech tree or FXP? That is like saying too many folks have gotten to T9, and it's causing a MM problem.

[FYL]
Members
252 posts
1,406 battles

I really hope I get the Mushashi before the patch, I'm only about 20k coal away and have been saving up for it since starting.... It will definitely effect my satisfaction for the game if not. It'll be annoying if there's yet another ship for people who have been playing a while that I'll never get access too.

About half way to the Kron as well but if they replace it with something like they Alaska I'd be happy.

Edited by Tanuvein
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles

Patch 7.12 should drop Dec 12th and if WG goes back to a 4 week Dev cycle, then patch 8.0 should drop Jan 9th.

Patch 7.11 is looking to be 4 weeks long based on the PTS and patch 7.12 is looking to be 5 weeks long based on the campaign to earn PEF. So patch 8.0 is looking like it will drop Jan 23rd. But if you can get Musashi and/or Kronshtadt before then, do so.

Edited by Kizarvexis
fixed patch dates based on Dev bulletin 7.12.
  • Cool 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,368 posts
2,148 battles
Just now, Tanuvein said:

I really hope I get the Mushashi before the patch, I'm only about 20k coal away and have been saving up for it since starting.... It will definitely effect my satisfaction for the game if not. It'll be annoying if there's yet another ship for people who have been playing a while that I'll never get access too.

About half way to the Kron as well but if they replace it with something like they Alaska I'd be happy.

You should make it. 20k doesn't take that long to get if you play consistently and select More Resources containers.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
412 posts
6,102 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Patch 7.12 should drop Dec 12th and if WG goes back to a 4 week Dev cycle, then patch 8.0 should drop Jan 9th.

I swear, you have a spreadsheet for a brain! :Smile_teethhappy: Not a bad thing, my wife says the same about me! 

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
Just now, DocWalker said:

I swear, you have a spreadsheet for a brain! :Smile_teethhappy: Not a bad thing, my wife says the same about me! 

I laid out a lot of the dates for the RN event. Guineas are supposed to be inclusive of patch 7.12, so that would mean being converted on Patch 8.0. Now, my dates for 7.12 and 8.0 could be a week early if patch 7.11 is 4 weeks long. Then 7.12 drops on Dec 19th and 8.0 on Jan 16th, which I would not be surprised if that happens.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
731 posts
4,019 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

That fits with the conversion date of January 9th for Guineas.

Sorry to see Musashi go.  I have a blast with her and would recommend her if anyone is on the fence about it.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,168 posts

Maybe if the majority of tech tree Tier 9s outside of DDs weren't complete and utter trash (And being economically inferior to Tier 10s with prem camo), the Tier 9 MM wouldn't be flooded with FXP ships. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 6