Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ColdwaterCowboy_1

A potato has a question

18 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
1,661 battles

To the point, I play for free. I just passed the 500 mark for games, the first 300 where very casual and very bad (with a sprinkle of highlights). The last 200 I have been trying to learn and play to support the team. I have arrived at a bare Monarch out of the box and it seems to be like pulling teeth to get credits. At the rate I am going it is going to take a year to dress her up for battle. So my question: Is playing and paying a different world than playing for free?

• Bad 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,925 battles
7 minutes ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

Is playing and paying a different world than playing for free?

To put it simply, yes.  The additional credit income from premium time is not extraordinary, but neither is it insignificant.

Many people have not invested a dime in this game, and that's a great thing.  It just requires those folks to make the most of what they have.  In general Tier VIII is viewed as being less profitable than Tier VII and to a lesser extent Tier VI.  Tier IX and X are very difficult to play exclusively without a premium account, as only exceptional players can maintain a profit at that point without flags, camos and premium bonuses.

My best advice is to limit your play in the Monarch to a few games a day and focus more on your Tier VII ship or ships.  That's a more comfortable tier to play anyhow due to MM predilections.  Use the profits earned there to support your Tier VIII games until they become profitable as well.

-R

• Cool 2

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

I didn't start paying until I hit tier X and bought permacamo for my khab. That was at around 1000 or so games. 

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,086 posts
4,429 battles

A premium account is good for credits and xp but what will really do you good in the long run is learning how to aim/deal damage while also surviving.

If you're good enough in the latter, you can make money and xp in co-op.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DENY]
Members
378 posts
5,086 battles

Premium time will make the grind shorter , perma camo are a must on t10, there premium ship you can get for fxp or coal that will make decent credit , if you don't want to spend real money

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
3,118 posts
14,306 battles
45 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

A premium account is good for credits and xp but what will really do you good in the long run is learning how to aim/deal damage while also surviving.

If you're good enough in the latter, you can make money and xp in co-op.

This ^^^

The better you play the more reward, take some time to learn from others on youtube/twitch.  It's amazing just what picking up a few minor tips can do to your game play.  Having a stock ship is hard as well so maybe look at building your bankroll a bit in the lower tiers so you can dress up the Monarch asap while minimising credit losses.

Members
15 posts
250 battles

Is playing and paying a different world than playing for free?

Hey M8`s well i think for $14 dollars for a month is great. Yes it is better Premium time just for extra coin in game & Xp.

When u get to T8 & up you will find in game money & xp will add up a lot quicker.

And signal & camo do help.

[VFW]
Members
967 posts
21,686 battles
57 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

To put it simply, yes.  The additional credit income from premium time is not extraordinary, but neither is it insignificant.

Many people have not invested a dime in this game, and that's a great thing.  It just requires those folks to make the most of what they have.  In general Tier VIII is viewed as being less profitable than Tier VII and to a lesser extent Tier VI.  Tier IX and X are very difficult to play exclusively without a premium account, as only exceptional players can maintain a profit at that point without flags, camos and premium bonuses.

My best advice is to limit your play in the Monarch to a few games a day and focus more on your Tier VII ship or ships.  That's a more comfortable tier to play anyhow due to MM predilections.  Use the profits earned there to support your Tier VIII games until they become profitable as well.

-R

What this guy is telling you is on point.   If you do ever decide to spend money on this game....premium time is the most bang for your buck, because it always is in effect.

vr,

[LANCE]
Members
359 posts
3,609 battles

Some great suggestions above.

Depending on the amount of time you have to play the option, if you have some spare cash would be to buy the Warspite. Although it’s possibly not the biggest earner in game (tier 8 premiums tend to net the most), the premium ship earns more credits and xp (although this will be free xp that you need to convert with doubloons) and will also train your Monarch Captain.

With the crates you earn, pick flags/signals as your reward for each game. This will net you some economic flags and some camo which will also help.

If you have a few spare $$’s and free time at the weekends, consider getting a weekend pass. This is a relatively cheap option to buy a couple of days of premium time. Be careful though as the weekends can be brutal for team play.

Good luck mate and hope some of the suggestions help you out!

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,086 posts
4,429 battles

There's likely going to be some sales here for post-turkey-day, and Christmas, and new years on stuff.

I'm sitting on a stack of doubloons waiting to convert it at the next xp bonus event, which is probably in that timeframe.

I can't stress enough though how bad it will be for anyone to just jump in and buy a premium tier 8 and think this is world of tonks or any other first person shooter.

At least play the hell out of each class in co-op before you start thinking about throwing your IRL coins around.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
338 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

I have arrived at a bare Monarch out of the box and it seems to be like pulling teeth to get credits.

start a few other BB lines to help subsidize your ascent. Bonus - you can jump right back into battle with a ship in port, double bonus - you can leverage daily bonus awards. 

Members
25 posts
1,661 battles

Thanks!! a bunch of great suggestions. I will be changing my strategy as a result.  I am actually afraid to pay$$. I saw a ship for sale for 200+ cdn dollars and had a real sinking feeling. That's a little to rich....I burn wood to heat my house...lol. If I purchase anything, surely I will become addicted to the new drug. I can't afford it.

WW...I love the game...it is not normal for a 70 year old to play video games....so there must be something to this....BIG THANKS TO WOW.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,092 posts
12,044 battles

I suggest not rushing up the tiers, take your time at the low/mid tiers and really learn the game. A big mistake a lot of people (including myself) make

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
395 posts
23,833 battles

Thanks!! a bunch of great suggestions. I will be changing my strategy as a result.  I am actually afraid to pay$$. I saw a ship for sale for 200+ cdn dollars and had a real sinking feeling. That's a little to rich....I burn wood to heat my house...lol. If I purchase anything, surely I will become addicted to the new drug. I can't afford it.

WW...I love the game...it is not normal for a 70 year old to play video games....so there must be something to this....BIG THANKS TO WOW.

You are too new to buy a premium ship.  Oh, you can spend the money but you will get discouraged as you don't know how to play this fancy jewel you just purchased.

I have always thought premium time was the way to go.  Why?  Because I value my time.  You can get premium for $10-$14 a month.  That is just the cost of lunch where I live and well below my hourly income.  So what do you get for that money spent?  Hours of time.  Hours you did NOT have to spend grinding for xp/credits on your ship.  I mean, it is just silly the value offered by a premium account.

Some folks don't want to pay a dime in this game.  That is their choice.  By doing so they spend a LOT more of their free time in trying to get where they wish to be.

So what is your choice?  What is your time worth?  Seriously.  You must look at it this way.  My bet is that if you are honest with yourself you will see that the few $ per month for premium is more than worthwhile.

Sabene

Turkey #35 for 2018  :cap_horn:  Come get me!

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
395 posts
23,833 battles

it is not normal for a 70 year old to play video games.

You would be surprised the number of retired fellas playing this game...

In fact, I know of one clan that specializes in such folks.  OGF.

[SYN]
Members
3,118 posts
14,306 battles

Ichase has some very good basic tutorials on various different aspects of the game that I found very helpful when starting out.

Notser & Flamu have some very good ships based vids so you can look at your specific ships and get tips.  Flamu being the superior tactically however some are not so impressed with his demeanor.

Sign in to follow this