You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Dev Blog bonanza; SUPER PREMIUM ACCOUNT, Improved visuals for tracers, Okinawa changes

57 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
1,823 posts
3,942 battles

Tracer changes are welcome, in some maps AP was quite difficult to follow.  So are the Okinawa changes, hopefully A will stop being a waste of time.

As for the Warships premium account,  I am quite sceptical. I can see the logic behind it but dunno really. At least the premium won't be stackable, so that's something.

Edited by warheart1992

[RLGN]
Members
527 posts
4,662 battles

This defeats the purpose of the "unified world" thing. That said we never got the dubloon merger we were promised so maybe this is an indication they plan to cease cross game benefits altogether. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TOG]
Members
2,772 posts
15,761 battles

Considering A was a roach motel, this is good news

Edited by Bill_Halsey
  • Funny 2

[NETSI]
Members
74 posts
7,968 battles

Only have premium for the purpose of this game, so it is only a positive gain for us since nothing fundamentally is being changed with the pricing or the existing premium effects.

[PVE]
Members
65 posts

When a member gains more power over the others, it will break the alliance.

Guess WOWS is making a good profit so it no longer wants to share with its siblings.

[INTEL]
Members
8,808 posts
26,251 battles

Damn. I know lots of people dislike Okinawa, but at least it had open water. Now they've polluted it with more islands. 

When is Shatter going to be fixed? 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 5

[WOLF9]
Members
312 posts
4,063 battles

I only play ships these days, so the 'bonus' to premium is certainly welcome; especially for the same cost.  WRT Okinawa, I'm not sure how I feel about having the big islands splitting B but it can't be any worse than A in the current version.  Ambivalent about the account level progression change as I am currently maxed out.  Unless of course the change lowers my account level, which might make me a little cranky.

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
309 posts
5,343 battles

So if we already have a metric ton of premium time, but only really play wows can players switch their premium time?????

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
734 posts
4,019 battles

Improved premium time.  Works for me.  Hopefully we will be able to switch at no cost.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,823 posts
3,942 battles
10 minutes ago, gmrbull said:

So if we already have a metric ton of premium time, but only really play wows can players switch their premium time?????

When the warships premium account will be added, all players with an active premium account will receive a warships premium account with the same duration. Thus, they will be able to test the service and evaluate its benefits for themselves, without incurring any additional costs.

So at this point you don't pay anything, you will get a warships premium account for free for the same duration as your normal account.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,272 posts
7,571 battles

Only last week WG was complaining about xp and credit inflation, so this makes no sense at all, given, the way xp boosts are cumulative.

• Cool 5

[RLGN]
Members
8,645 posts
17,894 battles
26 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Considering A was a roach motel, this is good news

lol

...but still; this looks like the same kind of foolishness as with Islands of Ice; a change so great they shouldn’t even call it by the same name any more.

The so called, ‘Islands of Ice’ looks more like a reversed Trident than its original namesake.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,086 posts
4,429 battles
29 minutes ago, Otenta said:

Guess WOWS is making a good profit so it no longer wants to share with its siblings.

I was going to just post to bookmark this topic and refer to it later but...

This reply of yours is in direct opposition to a certain player who complains all the time and recently got his economy complaint topic nuked.

So I will have to investigate this later today/tomorrow.

[4HIM]
Members
1,926 posts
4,724 battles
20 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Only last week WG was complaining about xp and credit inflation, so this makes no sense at all, given, the way xp boosts are cumulative.

With Sub_Oct saying players have accumulated too much FXP, I do find the additional boost odd.  So their 'solution' to a problem they perceive (which they helped create) will likely be a big jump in FXP pricing of ships which can be obtained via FXP.  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles
14 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

With Sub_Oct saying players have accumulated too much FXP, I do find the additional boost odd.  So their 'solution' to a problem they perceive (which they helped create) will likely be a big jump in FXP pricing of ships which can be obtained via FXP.  

I found the comment from SubOct a bit disturbing. Wargaming announced several popular premium ships a while back and so people started hoarding resources and free xp because they pussyfooted around and did not say how they would be made available. So players being pretty smart consumers, started saving up.... Now Wargaming is complaining that players have too many resources.  In other words, Wargaming created the problem and is now punishing players with "higher prices" to compensate for their lack of transparency...…. I don't even know what to say about that line of thought...

• Cool 12

Members
159 posts
2,018 battles

Warships premium, so your lootboxes stop giving out WoT premium time with your WoWs premium time.

I'll be okay with it if it has +15% credits, too, but i blow through ships at a rate right now to barely keep up with credits in high tier with premium. Getting more xp would just mean less battles on the ship im trying to play and more on my credit earners.

• Bad 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,926 posts
4,724 battles
28 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I found the comment from SubOct a bit disturbing. Wargaming announced several popular premium ships a while back and so people started hoarding resources and free xp because they pussyfooted around and did not say how they would be made available. So players being pretty smart consumers, started saving up.... Now Wargaming is complaining that players have too many resources.  In other words, Wargaming created the problem and is now punishing players with "higher prices" to compensate for their lack of transparency...…. I don't even know what to say about that line of thought...

Not to mention they started handing out a lot of those 'special' flags that give big boosts to XP and FXP accumulation.  Even in the regular containers I've noticed I receive FXP fairly often.  So now WG is 'shocked'.

Casablanca GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by ZARDOZ_II
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
65 posts
53 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I was going to just post to bookmark this topic and refer to it later but...

This reply of yours is in direct opposition to a certain player who complains all the time and recently got his economy complaint topic nuked.

So I will have to investigate this later today/tomorrow.

WOWS making a good profit because many players pay a lot of money for it. (that certain player included)

So it doesn't want to share resources with WOT or WOWP anymore.

Those are two things and from different perspectives. One from the view of an overspending player, and the other from the view of the company. 

I think it's perfectly logical.

And btw complaints make improvements. ;)

[ARP3]
Members
455 posts
10,921 battles

My feeling is if they are splitting the premium time, it's because they plan on either selling off wows, or selling off tanks.

Let's say microsoft buys tanks like minecraft.

[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles

Since I only play WoWS I like the increase in XP for a PA. I do wonder though, as others have noted, if there is more to the story here as to spinoffs or other considerations.

(I also like that AP will have improved visibility.)

[SALVO]
Members
17,652 posts
18,478 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Damn. I know lots of people dislike Okinawa, but at least it had open water. Now they've polluted it with more islands. 

When is Shatter going to be fixed? 

Actually, Okinawa was the only truly geographically accurate map in the game that had islands.  The current version of Okinawa actually exists in the SW corner of the island, off the city of Naha.  It's a shame that they're changing it.  

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,495 posts
3,803 battles
47 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

My feeling is if they are splitting the premium time, it's because they plan on either selling off wows, or selling off tanks.

Let's say microsoft buys tanks like minecraft.

Doubtful, I see this more as an attempt to reduce the rewards from the standard premium, which will make players likely gravitate to WOWS premium time and this way it allows them to control the costs. 

For example you could buy a 50% off premium time through WOT and it would also effect wows, but have no real effect on their profits. This way you discourage that practice and make players by default more likely to buy your own "Premium". 

I would not be shocked if the WOWS premium time is priced higher then standard. Very smart on their part IMO . 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,652 posts
18,478 battles

A question I have about this special "WoWS-only" premium is what if you already bought some of the generic WG premium time and would like to change it to WoWS-only premium?  Can this be done?  I just bought a bunch of premium and would probably love to do this.  I don't play WoWP, and now only occasionally play WoT (after having played it heavily for a few years and 33k battles).  While I can enjoy the occasional WoT battle or 2, I'm also reminded why I greatly prefer WoWS over WoT every time I play Tanks, i.e. the pace of play in WoT has become too fast for my taste.  I prefer the slower pace of play in WoWS.  There are other things too, that I won't go into here.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,495 posts
3,803 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

A question I have about this special "WoWS-only" premium is what if you already bought some of the generic WG premium time and would like to change it to WoWS-only premium?  Can this be done?  I just bought a bunch of premium and would probably love to do this.  I don't play WoWP, and now only occasionally play WoT (after having played it heavily for a few years and 33k battles).  While I can enjoy the occasional WoT battle or 2, I'm also reminded why I greatly prefer WoWS over WoT every time I play Tanks, i.e. the pace of play in WoT has become too fast for my taste.  I prefer the slower pace of play in WoWS.  There are other things too, that I won't go into here.

Double post Crucis, check the later one. 

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
309 posts
5,343 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

So at this point you don't pay anything, you will get a warships premium account for free for the same duration as your normal account.

Ahhh reading is an OP skill. Thanks!