Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bradzzz

Destroyers

19 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
39 posts
7,585 battles

Just a thought, do any of you guys run target acquisition on your destroyers rather than the traditional concealment? 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
2,020 posts
13,515 battles

Maybe in the RU destroyers because their concealment are the crappiest of all.  I would extend the target acquisition a little. For all other DDs, I don;t think its a good idea since you will be spotted at the same time or earlier without concealment mod. Then again it depends on play style, if you can play the objective while having target acquisition. Its a good thing.

Members
436 posts
5,475 battles
2 minutes ago, Bradzzz said:

Yeah I do agree that concealment is very valuable, I run it on all my destroyers but @Navalpride33 suggests for RU DD's that could be quite interesting  :cap_like: 

There is zero reason to take target acquisition on DDs. Even RU DDs. For RU DDs you should NEVER be close enough that the 3km spotting distance is needed. You should never be in a position where eating torps is a possibility. For slot 5 if you aren't taking conceal on a DD, take the rudder shift. You end up with ~3-4s rudder shift on these boats, which is incredibly good for dodging shells at distance.

Members
436 posts
5,475 battles
2 minutes ago, Bradzzz said:

@The_Painted_Target What you say is 100%, really what use is there for this module? Maybe I should have changed the topic to (Target Acquisition) :Smile_veryhappy:

It has a very niche use with battleships who aren't confident in their torpedo prediction abilities or german battleships who are very set on charging with hydro. Hydro + Vig + Target acc means torps are spotted from forever.

But it's really kind of an entirely useless module.

[SPCU]
Members
301 posts
4,355 battles

I suppose you could run it for some kind of first strike when pushing or hiding in smoke? But if you want that edge idk why you wouldn't take the concealment and run a KM dd like a sane person...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles

Not on my Destroyers.  Even on my Non-DDs, I have found very little reason to use TASM1.  Even in my German Brawlers, I'd rather have CSM1 in place with a Stealth Build than slapping on TASM1.  For a DD to not have its best concealment is giving significant advantages to opposing DDs.  Maybe a RU DD speeding at long range spamming shells nonstop won't need CSM1, but most everyone else does.  We argue about the value of something so small as a 0.2km detection advantage, so throwing CSM1 out the window and going for a sh*tter concealment on a Non-RU Gunbote is folly.  With even a small detection advantage against another DD, the lower concealment DD simply gets outspotted and shot at, getting damaged, driven off in the process, or at worst case, destroyed.  The DD doing the spotting doesn't even need to shoot at the other DD, letting his team splatter his counterpart.  And the DD that gets to hold gunfire and drive off or get the other DD killed doesn't give away their position.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,390 battles
2 hours ago, Bradzzz said:

Just a thought, do any of you guys run target acquisition on your destroyers rather than the traditional concealment? 

That seems a very odd trade off.  Are you thinking of the tier 4 skill Radio Location?

I would never trade Concealment for Target Acquisiton.

I would also not trade Radio Location for concealment though it is a very handy skill to have. For those DDs I run it on it is my 14th skill point check.

For the RU DD debate I would consider AFT before CE but not RL.

Edited by Camo68

[KP]
Members
39 posts
7,585 battles

@Camo68 What I'm talking about is the module, Not that I run it on any of my destroyers but I thought I'd throw the question out there and see whos experimented with it...As mentioned above it seems to be a rather worthless module, perhaps wargaming should move it to another module bracket where it could find some use? 

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,390 battles
5 minutes ago, Bradzzz said:

@Camo68 What I'm talking about is the module, Not that I run it on any of my destroyers but I thought I'd throw the question out there and see whos experimented with it...As mentioned above it seems to be a rather worthless module, perhaps wargaming should move it to another module bracket where it could find some use? 

Oh the mod, I don't think I have it on any ships and you have a point. I wonder what the actual stats are server wide

[KP]
Members
39 posts
7,585 battles

Thats why I ask the question, I mean concealment is just too valuable to not take, perhaps a battleship with good detection say the Roma? but then again its a tier 8 BB thats uptiered often you need that concealment... Like you say it would be interesting to see its use through out the servers :Smile_hiding: 

[SALVO]
Members
17,714 posts
18,486 battles
4 hours ago, Bradzzz said:

Hell, the Target Acquisition mod just doesn't offer nearly enough to make it a good choice for any ship type, except perhaps some battleships.  Concealment is just too valuable to be ignored for most ships.  And with the odd Russian DD, like the Khab, the Steering mod 3 upgrade is a far better choice.  About the only ships that may find Target Acquisition worth taking are high tier German BBs that want to get into brawling range (which would be well inside the range at which the Concealment upgrade would have any value), since it would help with torpedo detection.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,406 battles

I only put that skill on 1 ship. (just to see how it works.) needless to say it was worthless.:cap_old:

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles
4 hours ago, The_Painted_Target said:

It has a very niche use with battleships who aren't confident in their torpedo prediction abilities or german battleships who are very set on charging with hydro. Hydro + Vig + Target acc means torps are spotted from forever.

But it's really kind of an entirely useless module.

Probably only really effective on battleships who like to close quarter brawl.

[SPTR]
Members
26,016 posts
11,476 battles

Never used them on my DDs either, only time I recall using them was when I 1st grinded up and USN BB line 2 years ago.

Sign in to follow this