Sign in to follow this  
TheGreatBlasto

The Chat Ban Needs Work

15 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts

I fired up the game this evening and played a couple of low key games.  I didn't use chat much if at all. In the third game we get the worst CV player in WOWS history on our team. 

His chat looks like this:

-I don't know how I lost all my planes!

-I really don't know what I'm doing.

-What should I be doing?

He loses an otherwise close game for us and ends up as the very worst player on the team.

After the game I PM him and tell him not to play CVs in Random games because he is sabotaging his own team.

Guess who has a 24 hour chat ban minutes later. Hint: Not him.

So all it takes is one ******* to complain and you get a chat ban???

Nicely thought through, WG.

:Smile-angry:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 6

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,837 posts
6,973 battles
8 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I didn't use chat much if at all...Guess who has a 24 hour chat ban minutes later. Hint: Not him.

"Didn't use much" = so, you used it. And got a ban.

Something tells me you weren't polite. Like the fact that even in the sob post about being unfairly chat-banned you write "So all it takes is one ******* to complain"

Try to be more cordial in the future.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CUTER]
Members
3,777 posts
15,807 battles

damn, sounds like you got rekt m8. sorry for your loss

Edited by Preteen

[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts
13 minutes ago, vak_ said:

"Didn't use much" = so, you used it. And got a ban.

Something tells me you weren't polite. Like the fact that even in the sob post about being unfairly chat-banned you write "So all it takes is one ******* to complain"

It's a wargame. Let's try our best not to wussify it like every other game is being wussified in our PC dystopian age.

I actually enjoy banter--even the salty variety.

I rechecked the game stats. Mr CV was the worst player on both teams by a mile.

• Bad 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,837 posts
6,973 battles
Just now, TheGreatBlasto said:

I actually enjoy banter--even the salty variety.

Okay, so you admit there might have been grounds for the chat ban?

And enjoy banter all you want, it just seems silly to complain on the forums about its consequences.

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts
6 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Okay, so you admit there might have been grounds for the chat ban?

And enjoy banter all you want, it just seems silly to complain on the forums about its consequences.

There wasn't anything salty in that game.

If you think chat bans are warranted for some banter then I don't have anything to add here.

Good luck.

• Bad 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,113 posts
4,429 battles

I wonder how many chat banned complainers would be willing to put up a replay.

Probably like... zero.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts
29 minutes ago, vak_ said:

"Didn't use much" = so, you used it. And got a ban.Something tells me you weren't polite. Like the fact that even in the sob post about being unfairly chat-banned you write "So all it takes is one ******* to complain"

Read it again.

• Bad 2

[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts

I recall some games where others (not me) got rather irate over how the game was going. The banter turned quite salty.

It was comedy gold. You have to marvel at how some have the talent to both play the game and come up with sarcastic zingers simultaneously.

Like I said, it's a war game.

I also need to add that I didn't engage in the chat at all in the game in question as I was too busy fighting.  I PMed Mr. CV AFTER the game was over. So only he saw my comment.

On second thought maybe it's time to disable game chat and between game PMs just in case anyone gets offended?

:cap_fainting:

• Bad 2

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,113 posts
4,429 battles
4 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

On second thought maybe it's time to disable game chat and between game PMs just in case anyone gets offended?

Fairly certain you can get chat banned for that too, especially if you're doing so solely to harass or instigate a fight.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[STURM]
Members
318 posts
3,141 battles
39 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I also need to add that I didn't engage in the chat at all in the game in question as I was too busy fighting.  I PMed Mr. CV AFTER the game was over. So only he saw my comment.

So, in short, you went out of your way to tell someone who in all probability is just starting to learn the hardest class to play in the game to not play the game anymore, after the game had ended, and you still wonder why you got banned?

That's textbook harassment. Saying "This CV sucks" in game is one thing, but following them to port to let them know you don't think they should play a specific way?

Don't try spinning this as someone getting offended over nothing. I've been reported for asking for air support once. That was someone getting offended over nothing. Calling a hostile personal message "nothing" is blatantly wrong.

• Bad 1

[WOLF6]
Members
350 posts
4,931 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I fired up the game this evening and played a couple of low key games.  I didn't use chat much if at all. In the third game we get the worst CV player in WOWS history on our team. 

His chat looks like this:

-I don't know how I lost all my planes!

-I really don't know what I'm doing.

-What should I be doing?

He loses an otherwise close game for us and ends up as the very worst player on the team.

After the game I PM him and tell him not to play CVs in Random games because he is sabotaging his own team.

Guess who has a 24 hour chat ban minutes later. Hint: Not him.

So all it takes is one ******* to complain and you get a chat ban???

Nicely thought through, WG.

:Smile-angry:

You had no right to PM that player , you got less than you deserved IMO , end of discussion period .

• Bad 1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,113 posts
9,920 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

There wasn't anything salty in that game.

If you think chat bans are warranted for some banter then I don't have anything to add here.

Good luck.

The fact you then sent a PM after the match telling them not to play CVs in randoms is most likely why you got the time out. What gives you the right to tell someone how to play? I doubt you would have gotten a chat ban if you did it in a civil and polite manner.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1