You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Crucis

New ships in development!!!

12 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
17,709 posts
18,486 battles

Some new ships that have shown up on the WoWS Dev Blog on Facebook.

German *cough* (Austria-Hungary) Battleship Viribus Unitis, tier 4   (Tegetthoff class BB)

Italian Destroyer Leone tier 6   (Leone class DD)

Japanese cruiser Yahagi tier 5   The Yahagi is a member of the Agano CL class. 

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,289 posts
7,571 battles

I am looking forward to the Italian dd, having really enjoyed all 3 of the Regia Marina premiums that have been released so far. All the more so, as it appears to be a quirky little ship. Exxpanding WOWS coverage to further Euro naval traditions is also welcome, so a big willkommen, bienvenuti, Üdvözöljük, or whatever language spoken by the builders, designers, owners, crew and captain of this multinational AustroHungarian battleship Viribus Unitis.

[NSWC]
Members
155 posts
7,980 battles
2 hours ago, LoveBote said:

I am looking forward to the Italian dd, having really enjoyed all 3 of the Regia Marina premiums that have been released so far. All the more so, as it appears to be a quirky little ship. Exxpanding WOWS coverage to further Euro naval traditions is also welcome, so a big willkommen, bienvenuti, Üdvözöljük, or whatever language spoken by the builders, designers, owners, crew and captain of this multinational AustroHungarian battleship Viribus Unitis.

Viribus Unitis means “strength in union” so your welcome to the multinational crew is perfect. Well done.

Edited by Caledanicus
Improving translation

Members
94 posts
28 battles

What'd be really cool is if they had the "national voice" of the Viribus Unitis (and further Austro-Hungarian ships) actually reflect the multinational crew -- with different reports coming in different languages.

This would reflect the historical realities of the navy, where every officer had to be (at least!) quadrilingual.

Wiki: "The Navy's problems were further exacerbated by the ten ethnic groups having more than 5% of the population comprising the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Officers had to speak at least four of the languages found in the Empire. Germans and Czechsgenerally were in signals and engine room duties, Hungarians became gunners, while Croats and Italians were seamen or stokers."

• Bad 1

Members
63 posts
706 battles

Yahagi has 6 152s with a 10s reload... ?

Omaha can put 6 guns on target in any direction with a 7-sec reload. I guess Yahagi is a bit faster and has better torpedoes, but I'm not seeing a huge draw for that artillery at tier 5.

[WOLFC]
Members
110 posts
5,964 battles
1 hour ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

Yahagi has 6 152s with a 10s reload... ?

Omaha can put 6 guns on target in any direction with a 7-sec reload. I guess Yahagi is a bit faster and has better torpedoes, but I'm not seeing a huge draw for that artillery at tier 5.

Maybe if they bring her detection down a bit, you can play her as a big DD, and do some stealth torping. 10 k torps with 20k damage.  It does sound like fun at T5. Going to put her on the watch list.

Edited by JBR40
  • Cool 1

Members
63 posts
706 battles
14 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

Maybe if they bring her detection down a bit, you can play her as a big DD, and do some stealth torping. 10 k torps with 20k damage.  It does sound like fun at T5. Going to put her on the watch list.

Comments in another thread say that the torps are also center-line. so it can put out a spread of 8. I guess it's a cruiser for DD captains.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,709 posts
18,486 battles
55 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

If you factor in CE, the concealment gets down to near 10km.  But then the question I have is whether one should use the current CE benefit of -12% to concealment or the proposed unified CE benefit of -10% across the board. With the current CE benefit, you can get the concealment down to 9.94 km, whereas with the unified CE, it only drops to 10.17 km.  Either way, stealth torping will be effectively impossible, short of launching torps from outside of actual range, but at targets which are closing on your position and will sail into your torps' range.

BTW, there's no mention of whether this is a premium ship or not, though the use of a ship name that's not the class name does seem to lean towards it being a premium ship.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,339 posts
11,865 battles
1 hour ago, JBR40 said:

Due to the torpedo location she's going to have to show a lot of broadside to fire her torps.  It's like Yubari.  If she is not stealthed, she will get deleted for trying to use them.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,406 battles

bummer, I was really hoping Austria/hungry would get their own tree. still nice to have 1 of their ships in game though!:cap_yes:

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles
51 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Due to the torpedo location she's going to have to show a lot of broadside to fire her torps.  It's like Yubari.  If she is not stealthed, she will get deleted for trying to use them.

Yubari could definitely use a larger torpedo arc range, as it may be the worst of all the IJN ships.

48 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

Would she have Yubari-like laser guns?

watchlist for sure.

Doubtful, because Yubari (and Katori) get the special module on their 140mm guns.  Yahagi has 152mm guns, so it wouldn't apply to those.