BenAubrey

Can't run WoW effectively in a window using Windows 10

3 comments in this topic

[GTF]
Members
82 posts
5,605 battles

Just a heads up...

If I run the game in "Windows" mode ....I will suddenly and randomly in the middle of a battle have various windows pop up on screen that either take me completely out of the game window...or freeze the new window (e.g. Google home page, Windows Cortana screen, Skype Window) on the screen in front of the game.

The obvious work around is Control Alt Enter and go to full screen mode before the battle start. However, during the day, I will play a game  and then switch to my email window or google and do other things and then come back to the game and do another battle.....and if I forget to go full screen mode...well it always seems to happen at the most intense time in a battle when the strange windows pop up...and I am frozen for anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds before I can clear the window, go full screen, and return to battle.

If there is a setting that will enable play in Windows mode without the random pop ups, I would appreciate the info. If not, it is not a big deal. Just have to constantly remember to put the game in full screen mode.

Community Department
2,203 posts
542 battles
11 hours ago, BenAubrey said:

Just a heads up...

If I run the game in "Windows" mode ....I will suddenly and randomly in the middle of a battle have various windows pop up on screen that either take me completely out of the game window...or freeze the new window (e.g. Google home page, Windows Cortana screen, Skype Window) on the screen in front of the game.

The obvious work around is Control Alt Enter and go to full screen mode before the battle start. However, during the day, I will play a game  and then switch to my email window or google and do other things and then come back to the game and do another battle.....and if I forget to go full screen mode...well it always seems to happen at the most intense time in a battle when the strange windows pop up...and I am frozen for anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds before I can clear the window, go full screen, and return to battle.

If there is a setting that will enable play in Windows mode without the random pop ups, I would appreciate the info. If not, it is not a big deal. Just have to constantly remember to put the game in full screen mode.

Sorry, I can't suggest you anything due to it's normal situation with pop up screens if you play in window mode. I won't lock this topic, may be somebody will mention suitable advice. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,966 posts
13,197 battles

I'd recommend creating a Windows account just for WOWS.  Use your normal account for all the other things.  Switch between WOWS and Normal account vice wrestling with windows and pop ups.

Sign in to follow this