You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pentium_

Please get this CV rework out already , this is not fun!

36 comments in this topic

[RNG]
[RNG]
Beta Testers
25 posts
9,337 battles

Yes , i am venting , CV just took out 9 people in the game with  ease  and noone  was able to stop him ... It's stupid. I got hit with 8 AP bombs and i was done with FULL HP ZAO.

Yes , he/she is good player 700+ games in CV , 60% win rate ,  yes , tough luck you got ZAO ... I hear you .. But how much is it fun for someone to play in a game where ships just get deleted and there is nothing anyone can do to this CV.. Where is the fun in that , could this person be cheating somehow and using some script etc.... Possibly , he was perfect as perfect could be... I mean no one was able to do much to him. 

I am not accusing anyone of anything and guess his skill is off the roof , but WG ... how is this fun ? People complaining about radar , subs , YY nerf , you name it .... CV has SUPER POWER right now and nothing can stop people who ... You can't get close to this guy.

</vent off>

WOW_CV_Deleted.2.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,859 posts
4,224 battles

Having been a CV player, that takes some skill. It's one thing if you make the top of the team in a Kaga, but Midway can be tough for that.

Also, no. The problem we had with the last CV to be released, Graf Zeppelin, was because they rushed it. Now it's extremely broken OP, and when it dropped, it was broken UP. As in, if you got one on your team, you were basically down a player.

Not rushing is a good thing, especially since they're reworking the whole system for how planes work.

• Cool 4

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,332 battles

I hope they delay the rework and it never arrives. I suspect that if it is "successful" and people start playing CVs again, it will be the end of WOWs as a fun and interesting game. 

That kind of garbage is why I seldom play high tiers. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,289 posts
7,571 battles

Actually, your CV did something very rare, and exceptional, All of you should have complimented that Midway, all of you. If you didn't, you are very unsporting. When a CV gets a very high sink/dmg result, it is in the majority of cases because players on both teams, played very badly, forcing the CVs to carry their teams, compensating for your lack of dmg, skill and effort.

Your reaction is quite shameful. 

Regards.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[RNG]
[RNG]
Beta Testers
25 posts
9,337 battles
1 minute ago, Anumati said:

He managed to get 9 kills?! Holy crap you guys threw the game.

Dude , he deleted one guy at a time .. methodically , regardless if we were all alone or in bunches.... It was useless. Like he had 20 hands controlling all his squadrons .  

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,332 battles
16 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Actually, your CV did something very rare, and exceptional, All of you should have complimented that Midway, all of you. If you didn't, you are very unsporting. 

No one who ruins the game for the other players should ever get a compliment. Especially when they are driving an off-map guided missile cruiser that no other player can touch and is deliberately built with DFA and can't be detonated, specifically to keep it alive so it can ruin the game for other players.  

CVs suck. Games like this suck. I feel for the Republique, who played a better game than the opposing Midway -- he was actually taking risks -- but didn't get the win. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 4

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,289 posts
7,571 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

No one who ruins the game for the other players should ever get a compliment. Especially when they are driving an off-map guided missile cruiser that no other player can touch and is deliberately built with DFA and can't be detonated, specifically to keep it alive so it can ruin the game for other players.  

CVs suck. Games like this suck. I feel for the Republique, who played a better game than the opposing Midway -- he was actually taking risks -- but didn't get the win. 

Do you report everybody who sinks you for "ruining your game"? I guess so.

[RNG]
[RNG]
Beta Testers
25 posts
9,337 battles
Just now, Pigus_Drunkus_Maximus said:

Wouldn't rushing to get the CV rework finished just create new problems?  I'd rather see it done right than pushed out early but with numerous issues yet to be resolved.

I don't care much for CV but what is in the game now , in right hands (or computer ) RTS version is stupid ... I got almost 8k games i am not perfect but i never seen someone just dominate so much ... I know it's not nice to say hacks or script or what ever was done... He may be that good ... but i never seen anything like this. he deleted DDs BBs and cruisers like it was nothing.

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,332 battles
15 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Do you report everybody who sinks you for "ruining your game"? I guess so.

If the red Worchester or Zao or JBart had sunk 9, that would have been worth a compliment. But a CV? Nothing to compliment them for. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,289 posts
7,571 battles

To get an idea of how rare this accomplishment of 9 kills is, in over 270 000 battles involving a Midway, A 9+ kill sweep by the Midway CV player has only occured 15 times, that's 3 years of gameplay!

[-TKS-]
Members
337 posts
6,893 battles

How many games do you have that are like this. its rare to see cv's in MM to start with but to have a dominating cv captain is rare. id much rather be in that game on the losing side then as a only T8 in a T10 match that happens 90% more often .

Id just Compliment the CV captain and move on 

[RNG]
[RNG]
Beta Testers
25 posts
9,337 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

To get an idea of how rare this accomplishment of 9 kills is, in over 270 000 battles involving a Midway, A 9+ kill sweep by the Midway CV player has only occured 15 times, that's 3 years of gameplay!

Right , i can send you replay ... this was stupid .. he deleted 3 CAs in first 5 min of game .. Seattle , even not AA speced should be able to shutdown more than 1 plane .. ... Or am i crazy ?

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,289 posts
7,571 battles
3 minutes ago, Pentium_ said:

Right , i can send you replay ... this was stupid .. he deleted 3 CAs in first 5 min of game .. Seattle , even not AA speced should be able to shutdown more than 1 plane .. ... Or am i crazy ?

Seattle is what tier, exactly?  Midway planes are what tier, exactly? 

Go look at the wiki.  

I won't comment on your mental condition, that is none of my business. But I can appreciate, you are somewhat shocked by the result. Nevertheless, just remember, how very rare, that Midway's result is, (15 times in 3 years and 270 000 + battles) and think again, on what made that exceptional performance, possible. :Smile_glasses:

[RNG]
[RNG]
Beta Testers
25 posts
9,337 battles
4 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Go look at the wiki.  

I won't comment on your mental condition, that is none of my business. But I can appreciate, you are somewhat shocked by the result. Nevertheless, just remember, how very rare, that Midway's result is, (15 times in 3 years and 270 000 + battles) and think again, on what made that exceptional performance, possible. :Smile_glasses:

Thanks doc :) .. I was shocked ... I did say i was venting :) .. Never seen anything like this ... And i had a friend do 9 kills in Black ... with me in Division few years back... but he had to work for it .. this guy looked like had zero effort , never attacked same ship twice .. they all died with single atack from AP bombs or Torps ... I mean really effortless like point , click , gone.

[RLGN]
Members
8,688 posts
17,952 battles
20 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I hope they delay the rework and it never arrives. I suspect that if it is "successful" and people start playing CVs again, it will be the end of WOWs as a fun and interesting game. 

That kind of garbage is why I seldom play high tiers.

I have the same wish; but as I’m sure you know from other posts I’ve made; it’s likely for different reasons.

16 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

It’s actually difficult for me to sympathize with @Pentium_ on this; because I’ve never directly witnessed such a thing.

I would love to say the carrier driver did everything right, and the ship drivers everything wrong; except that I hate curbstomps more.

I may not want the carrier controls themselves to change, but games like this where it looks like AA RNG basically gave the bird to an entire team makes it clear that mechanic needs to change.

• Cool 2

Members
490 posts
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Go look at the wiki.  

I gotta agree with this.  I have no real love for CV but 9 kills in any ship is worthy of praise.   Gratz to that CV you played one hell of a game.  Its clear from the screen shot that the enemy CV won the air war with almost double the plane kills, then went and ripped into your team.   Sadly atm if 1 CV player is better they stand a much higher chance of winning, the devs said roughly 80% of the time the better cv player team wins.  But that does not mean they get free kills or that CV take no skills.

That CV was putting in work, we should all take note of that, its only fair.

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,289 posts
7,571 battles
Just now, Pentium_ said:

Thanks doc :) .. I was shocked ... I did say i was venting :) .. Never seen anything like this ... And i had a friend do 9 kills in Black ... with me in Division few years back... but he had to work for it .. this guy looked like had zero effort , never attacked same ship twice .. they all died with single atack from AP bombs or Torps ... I mean really effortless like point , click , gone.

I swear, that Midway CV had to press a 10 x more buttons than a 1click2sink every 30 seconds Yamato:Smile-_tongue: Just saying. But I agree with you, 9 kills in a Black is quite something too, must be quite a dd driver.

[RNG]
[RNG]
Beta Testers
25 posts
9,337 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I swear, that Midway CV had to press a 10 x more buttons than a 1click2sink every 30 seconds Yamato:Smile-_tongue: Just saying. But I agree with you, 9 kills in a Black is quite something too, must be quite a dd driver.

This is the rest of this player stats , look at his other STATS.. This is why i think it was rigged ... How can you be so GOOD in CV (RTS game) and be so horrible in other ships..

CV_STATS.jpg

Members
357 posts
9,149 battles
28 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Cv's ruining the game?   This cv player getting 9 kills is hardly a game ruiner to be frank.   There are things much worse than that. 

Members
357 posts
9,149 battles
2 minutes ago, Pentium_ said:

This is the rest of this player stats , look at his other STATS.. This is why i think it was rigged ... How can you be so GOOD in CV (RTS game) and be so horrible in other ships..

CV_STATS.jpg

You probably have your answer right there.   RTS style play is maybe the one type of gameplay this particular player is good at. 

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,289 posts
7,571 battles
4 minutes ago, Pentium_ said:

CV_STATS.jpg

check my stats, I am horrible in almost everything but one or two ships. hackusations.. seriously/

[RNG]
[RNG]
Beta Testers
25 posts
9,337 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

check my stats, I am horrible in almost everything but one or two ships. hackusations.. seriously/

No i have no prove .. Other than one great game and one type of play this user is great at .. but i do understand your point .. i don't have to agree with it :) i respect difference of opinion , there is not right or wrong here.