You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MaddogGT

High Ping Problem

5 comments in this topic

[EXP]
Members
27 posts
4,343 battles

For those experiencing High Ping, the problem lies with the location of the Wargaming NA server on the west coast. Anyone from Central and the East coast will get high pings approx 75-120ms or so, with some high 400ms+ and game lag and pause. :Smile_izmena:Pings were perfect around 30-35ms stable:Smile_child: before the server merge and/or removal of the east coast server. :etc_swear:

I checked with my ISP, there is no issue with the route through them, but there IS an issue when it hits COMCAST ISP routing which lies between ANYONE east of California and the WG NA server. One of the hops has a 25ms ping alone, so the fault entirely lies with Comcast network. Not Wargaming or your ISP. This is after weeks of testing, pinging, trace routing, sending diagnostic reports to ISP, and the sourcve destination IP. Even the ISP tried the route and was amazed at how POORLY the delay ping is once the route hits COMCAST. Jumps from 16ms to 75ms. Their response was to contact the gaming company to resolve the issue as it effects their clients ability for smooth gameplay.  Currently there is NO KNOWN WAY to reduce ping below 95ms from the east coast. Of course it will be better closer you are to the west coast.  World of Tanks is fine, at 35ms on average. WoWs is about 110ms on average. Bad. Leaving this in Wargamings hands now. I did my bit. :Smile_sad:

image.thumb.png.129dd4c279c28d95138d59a4ced301e5.png

• Cool 1

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
309 posts
5,374 battles

Mine hasn’t been below 70 and usually averages 85 in the last 1 or 2 months.  Pretty damn frustrating. Ping tests show I should be around 20-30.

[DOTD]
[DOTD]
Members
1 post
1,197 battles

the WoW game has become unplayable with the lag i live on the NE tip of the US and everyone around the new England area is suffering the same fate.

And now the world of tank blitz has been ruined, not to mention they just stole from us by taking tanks and camo and upgrades we paid gold for. I no longer play that either i spent several hundred dollars in that game just to have you decide that your greed outweighed the quality of game play so sad

Edited by AASoldier_JAMX

[EXP]
Members
27 posts
4,343 battles

Wargaming really really needs to re-locate their NA server somewhere more reliable than Southwest coast of the US. Centralize the server would be a common sense decision, but for some reason someone decided to shutdown the East Coast server and keep a west coast server. Be best to either keep it as two, or at least centralize it in NA on a reliable network system. Decision was not made by a qualified network engineer obviously. Sick of complaining about this, and no action.

Members
4 posts
124 battles

I have been having significant lag issues too. My issues happen a few hops before it hits their servers - at the eqix-pa-sv5-gcure.lu.

EVERY TIME. Btw the packet loss at the first hop is my ISP blocking ping.

Ping went from 105ms solid to 80-600 with massive rubber banding which happens to coincide with packet loss at the eqix hop.

I am on a 100mb fibre connection and play every other game with no hitches. never nay lag. Except this game. 
8sHa2CXWeha.png