Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyPHerFaZe

WoWs Dev Blog: Soviet destroyer Neustrashimy, tier IX

16 comments in this topic

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
135 posts
10,441 battles

ST, Soviet destroyer Neustrashimy, tier IX

Hit points – 20500. 

Plating - 19 mm.

Main battery - 2x2 130 mm.

Firing range - 12.8 km.

Maximum HE shell damage – 1800.

Chance to cause fire – 8%.

Maximum AP shell damage - 2600.

Reload time - 4.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 10.0 s.

Maximum dispersion - 111 м. HE initial velocity - 950 m/s. AP initial velocity - 950 m/s.

Sigma – 2.0.

Torpedo tubes - 2x5 533 mm.

Maximum damage - 14600. Range - 10.0 km. Speed - 65 kt.

Reload time - 131 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s.

Torpedo detectability - 1.3 km.

Maximum speed - 36 kt. Turning circle radius - 700 m.

Rudder shift time – 4.6 s. Surface detectability – 7.1 km.

Air detectability – 3.8 km.

Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 2.7 km.

Available consumables:  

1 slot - Damage Control Party 

2 slot - Smoke Generator  

3 slot - Defensive AA fire  

4 slot - Repair Party 

5 slot - Engine Boost

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing. Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

46445207_2228590300800638_2466100522633920512_o.jpg

• Cool 1

[DANKY]
Members
583 posts
1,786 battles

So it’s a super-Ognevoi?  It has great torps but the detection kind of blows for a torp boat, mitigated a bit by having a lot more HP and a heal. It’s slower (by a lot) than other VMF DDs but it’s got a very fast rudder. 

Honestly, I wouldn’t feel very comfortable in this boat. 10km still calls for you to get close-ish, and most DDs will spot you first. Smoke-n-shoot with four guns...meeeeh. 

ETA: Smack my head, that detectability is _without_ skills/mods. So detectability’s the same as a Shimikaze. 

Ohhhh. Yikes. 

Edited by Eugenie_101

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,866 posts
15,349 battles

LOL they give this thing Defensive Fire, Smoke, Engine Boost, AND Repair Party... Then you look at what WG did to Le Terrible for Tier VIII :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,496 posts
3,874 battles

It's a T9 Grozovoi. It's not that crazy really. I guess it is sneaky? But you're 36 knots and only have 2/3 the firepower, so this ship cannot get up to the sorts of things that Grozovoi can.

• Cool 1

Members
4,919 posts
5,708 battles

I was kinda hoping our first T9 (potentially) free exp DD would be something that wasn't Russian...

I mean seriously, it's the only line of DDs I've yet to play other than the Pan-Asian's, mostly because when I think of a DD, I think fast, stealthy, leans towards relying on torpedoes to deal damage but can use guns effectively if needed. So RU DDs don't interest me in the slightest. The recent Grozovoi buffs almost did it, but that's one boat that acts like a good hybrid out of a bunch that don't/can't.

Members
220 posts
16,385 battles
2 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I was kinda hoping our first T9 (potentially) free exp DD would be something that wasn't Russian...

I mean seriously, it's the only line of DDs I've yet to play other than the Pan-Asian's, mostly because when I think of a DD, I think fast, stealthy, leans towards relying on torpedoes to deal damage but can use guns effectively if needed. So RU DDs don't interest me in the slightest. The recent Grozovoi buffs almost did it, but that's one boat that acts like a good hybrid out of a bunch that don't/can't.

You do realize that this DD is very stealthy right? Its minimum concealment is 5.57km, that's better than Gearing Z52 and Daring

Also the only DDs that rely on torpedoes more than guns to deal damage is the Shimakaze line.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,866 posts
15,349 battles
13 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

You do realize that this DD is very stealthy right? Its minimum concealment is 5.57km, that's better than Gearing Z52 and Daring

Also the only DDs that rely on torpedoes more than guns to deal damage is the Shimakaze line.

Not to mention Smoke, Engine Boost, and Repair Party access to go with that concealment.  It even edges past Tashkent for HP.

Members
60 posts
2,724 battles

What is this monstrosity, just cram all the consumables a destroyer can have onto one ship and call it a day

Members
4,919 posts
5,708 battles
24 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

Yes, I saw that it rivals Yuugumo's, Fletcher's, and Jutland's concealment values. It's more of an issue that I don't have a captain to drop into it. I mean, I have one or two Russian 10 pointers lying around, but that's it. Plus I think it looks ugly af, like a lot of the RU ships(though that's just my opinion. Aesthetics are subjective, obviously).

Some of the hybrid DDs lean a little more on torpedoes than guns, but are mostly situationally dependent. Fletcher is the most immediate example I can come up with. Great gunboat platform, but also a great torpedo boat platform and in the current meta, favors leaning on torps a bit more than guns in most situations.

Members
1,004 posts
7,510 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

LOL they give this thing Defensive Fire, Smoke, Engine Boost, AND Repair Party... Then you look at what WG did to Le Terrible for Tier VIII :Smile_teethhappy:

Is balans comrade.

[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,073 posts
7,882 battles

It's nice to have a stealthy DD at tier 9 for soviets, but this does not look impressive to me at all. Sure it has all of the consumables that Grozovoi does along with concealment but neither the gunpower nor the torpedo power are very good, all other DDs have at least one of these going for them. 

Sign in to follow this