You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
theanhtb

Have a 30% discount coupon, what should I buy?

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
393 posts
3,492 battles

Well, the title explained itself, what should I buy to make it worth? 1-year premium is what I am thinking about. Any other suggestion? Thanks all! 

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
378 posts
3,416 battles

I bought Dubloons so I could FXP my way to the Henri and with my second coupon I got the Vanguard.

So if you don't have a prem you want, premium time is nice if your going to use it.

I can recommend some premium ships though;

Boise - Great ship and RN heal makes it super durable.

Alabama - Tier for tier one of the strongest BB's in the game. Has no real downsides or weaknesses.

Perth - One of the best cruisers in the game. Creeping smoke plus spotter plane allows you farm damage with ease. Torpedoes give you serious personal protection if someone tries to bully you.

Kidd - A Fletcher at tier 8. Very good ship, excellent at bullying other DD's. Heal gives you some durability. Torps are trash sadly.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,406 battles

check the coupon to see if it has restrictions first.:fish_book: some coupons only allow you to buy ships!

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,112 posts
12,153 battles

Massachusetts if you like BBs, like to eat planes, and like to spam secondaries.  Kidd if you like gunboat DDs, caps, enjoy sinking other DDs, and like to eat planes.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles
9 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Boise - Great ship and RN heal makes it super durable.

a ship that requires a high level captain to work well. abysmal range and floaty shells,she is not a ship for the faint of heart.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
378 posts
3,416 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

a ship that requires a high level captain to work well. abysmal range and floaty shells,she is not a ship for the faint of heart.

Hmm I've used a few of them in it so far but yeah I usually run it with Halsey. I don't think you need a high level captain tbh a 10 pointer is doable and the AP is useful enough your not entirely dependent on IFHE like the Abruzzi is.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,319 posts
9,621 battles

Doubloons, Jean Bart, or the Vanguard/Dreadnought package are my suggestions.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,201 posts
5,262 battles

I wish I knew it was coming, as I could have saved quite a bit on the Vanguard.  I will wait to see what pops up Thursday.

[SALVO]
Members
17,709 posts
18,486 battles
4 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Hmm I've used a few of them in it so far but yeah I usually run it with Halsey. I don't think you need a high level captain tbh a 10 pointer is doable and the AP is useful enough your not entirely dependent on IFHE like the Abruzzi is.

Not sure what Boise you're playing.  I've found the AP to be junk unless at short range.  And while perhaps not totally dependent on IFHE, it certainly helps quite a bit.  Honestly though, the Boise isn't a ship that requires a specialized captain, like perhaps the Atlanta.  You can use any regular tech tree USN CL captain in the Boise successfully.

As for the Italian premium cruisers, while they can be a little fun to play with all their speed, they are sadly lacking when it comes to offensive potential.  Garbage HE and AP that's nothing special.  And torps that are slow as molasses, but do have excellent range.  But you have to be careful with their torps.  You can get yourself into trouble if you aren't careful where you aim them, due to their slow speed but good range.  That is, it's very easy to make bad decisions with them and hit friendlies if you're not careful.

The best thing to be said for the Italian cruisers is that they're fast.

[SALVO]
Members
17,709 posts
18,486 battles
3 hours ago, FCA_Wichita said:

I wish I knew it was coming, as I could have saved quite a bit on the Vanguard.  I will wait to see what pops up Thursday.

Same here.  In fact, I was really … ticked off when I got another one, just about a half hour after buying the Vanguard.  I got one last week that I used on premium time.  When you have money to spend and a willingness to buy, it's hard to not use a 30% coupon.  :Smile_coin:

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles
21 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

IFHE made a world of difference in my ndj,she went from ok to a pretty good damage dealer,if she gets the opportunity of course.