You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PrairiePlayer

Spend Guineas on Something Else?

14 comments in this topic

[CK5]
Members
831 posts
7,072 battles

I have the Cossack as I bought a few Guineas.  However, I have continued to earn more Guineas completing missions and there appears to be nothing I can use them for other than wait until they are eventually converted to credits.  I suppose I should have anticipated as much but it would still be nice if WG would allow us to spend excess Guineas on something else in the Arsenal.  I am not complaining, just offering the suggestion.  

[BNKR]
Members
214 posts
1,892 battles

Exchange guineas for sovereigns, for example. 

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,599 posts
12,449 battles
48 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I have the Cossack as I bought a few Guineas.  However, I have continued to earn more Guineas completing missions and there appears to be nothing I can use them for other than wait until they are eventually converted to credits.  I suppose I should have anticipated as much but it would still be nice if WG would allow us to spend excess Guineas on something else in the Arsenal.  I am not complaining, just offering the suggestion.  

I do believe that you can buy the Cossack again with them and get the doubloons. You can also buy 10 Guineas for $1 in the premium shop if you haven't already.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
45 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

13 minutes ago, CatSnipah said:

You have to spend your Sovereigns tomorrow at the latest. With patch 7.11 on Wed, Nov 21st the Sovereign portion of the Arsenal will be removed. We will still earn Guineas until Dec 11th.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/170444-psa-rn-event-sovereigns-guineas-missions-directives-stages-dates/

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I do believe that you can buy the Cossack again for the doubloons.

Yes. If you bought the Cossack in the shop, then you can buy the Cossack again in the Arsenal and get 9,600 doubloons for having a duplicate.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,262 posts
9,589 battles

It looks that we will all be getting some credits when they take the Guineas away whether we need them or not.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
335 posts
10,357 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

You have to spend your Sovereigns tomorrow at the latest. With patch 7.11 on Wed, Nov 21st the Sovereign portion of the Arsenal will be removed. We will still earn Guineas until Dec 11th.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/170444-psa-rn-event-sovereigns-guineas-missions-directives-stages-dates/

Now that is good information. Thank you. 

GiapkPg.gif

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,130 posts
4,851 battles
15 hours ago, CatSnipah said:

The problem with this is that eventually some [edited] will make that exchange - a guinea here, a guinea there - and find themselves with not enough guineas at the end and having to buy even more. And then the salt flows.

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,581 posts
13,603 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The problem with this is that eventually some [edited] will make that exchange - a guinea here, a guinea there - and find themselves with not enough guineas at the end and having to buy even more. And then the salt flows.

lolk  …  child proof guineas

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,030 posts
6,397 battles

I was dumb and bought 30 guineas to get the Cossack cheaper that way. I should've just paid full price in the store so I could rebuy her in the arsenal and get those doubloons. If you buy her in the arsenal first, you can't rebuy it for the doubloons.

essentially I got her for 21$, like half off or whatever...still not that bad of a deal. can't wait for the buffs tomorrow!! 

Edited by HorrorRoach

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,030 posts
6,397 battles

Do Guineas get converted to credits? Anyone know how much for each? Might help with the upcoming snowflake steel thingy. Looks like I'll be playing Missouri alot to rebuy all those ships. Luckily I still have most of the tier 10s heh. I'll be rebuying all the Jap DD's/Cruisers to see how they play with the HE alpha/Accuracy buffs.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
7 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Do Guineas get converted to credits? Anyone know how much for each? Might help with the upcoming snowflake steel thingy. Looks like I'll be playing Missouri alot to rebuy all those ships. Luckily I still have most of the tier 10s heh. I'll be rebuying all the Jap DD's/Cruisers to see how they play with the HE alpha/Accuracy buffs.

Sovereigns are converted with patch 7.11 dropping tomorrow, if they have not been converted already. Rate is 1 Sov for 25,000 credits. The RN Arsenal is being removed, except for Cossack.

EDIT: just looked in the game and the Arsenal and Sovs are still there. Won't be after the patch in the morning, spend them today!

Edited by Kizarvexis