Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Budyonny? Advice pls.

5 comments in this topic

Members
4,680 posts
6,861 battles

I am playing the Russia cruiser line and got this ship a few days ago. She has over a 52% win rate for something like well over a million games.  Pretty good. Is she still a good ship?  Asking for advice on best way to play her.  She is a bit delicate but not as delicate as many other cruisers. If you have played her do you have any advice? Best way to use her?  Etc.  I have not got much Captain skill yet on her. Tks

Members
4,680 posts
6,861 battles
7 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

stock or fully upgraded?

Stock...still mostly stock.  

[HYDRO]
Members
1,872 posts
3,968 battles

IFHE is a must first of all. In general you have to keep at range to be effective.

The way I play most Russian Cruisers is as long range open sea kiters.Your main battery is  able to fire accurately at your max range with quite good dpm, meaning you can nail a variety of targets. In addition your speed is quite good, meaning you can get away from danger quickly.

Keep in mind also that you can't abuse terrain that well, since your arcs are quite flat.

Hope you enjoy him, to me he is one of the gems of the line with always a place in my port.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,945 posts
10,404 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

Stock...still mostly stock

ac, you in trouble

I found that higher tier bb/cruiser like to snipe budy from afar. So I have a table of most of the bb/cruiser range, I have my detection ranged and I play like a sniper, travel with bb and used bb as meat shield (Lert and his Musashi hahaha). I activated WASD hack like crazy basically as soon as I make a shot, I already WASD, speed/course change, I don't wait for the incoming shells as the armour pretty thin. Playing her required extra concentration as I am constantly checking detection indicator and I found that ship LOVE to shoot from across the map, distant around 18 - 21km, play pretty at the back for 7 mins, then starting to be more aggressive. While travel with bb, act as dd hunter as well. So apart from watching the map, the enemy location, watch out for friendly bb travel/speed as well. She is not an easy ship to play

DE/CE/IFHE is best friend, anything help with CE is extra, anything else help with turning radius is a priority

If the map got lots of island, then I used "island GHOSTING" tactic. Don't forget the shell trajectory is flatter comparing to the USN, so even with island ghosting, you still getting hits so watch out for shots landing at you (due to parking a bit further from the island to get the shot over the island)

Sign in to follow this