You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_BFLF_HockeyDude17

Infuriating health drain

31 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,361 posts
17,564 battles

It's usually my own fault when that happens, so at most I'm annoyed at myself for my lack of situational awareness.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles
Just now, Lert said:

It's usually my own fault when that happens, so at most I'm annoyed at myself for my lack of situational awareness.

Right here, problem is most players don't know how to accept it was the fault

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,361 posts
17,564 battles
2 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Right here, problem is most players don't know how to accept it was the fault

Common problem in general.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Members
11 posts
1,026 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

It's even worse when you can't use the repair party to stop the health bleed.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,361 posts
17,564 battles
Just now, Psycodiver said:

Both in game and real life.....

Preach.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[TBW]
Members
9,817 posts
16,571 battles

Flood and fire management is a very important part of being a better player. You can learn to play the game in a few minutes, it takes a long time to learn all of the mechanics, strategies and nuances. Then the game evolves and you have to learn it all differently.

[WOLFC]
Members
204 posts
8,661 battles
8 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

Common problem in general.

Both in game and real life.....

Wheres that Vance dude when you need him to opine on this. 

[DANKY]
Members
734 posts
2,066 battles

I hate situations where a lot of ships are shooting at me and I don't have enough support and the other team has cover and vision control.  Then, while I'm sinking, it occurs to me that I probably made a decision or two that people with better situational awareness wouldn't have. 

[WOLF5]
Members
3,579 posts
3,808 battles
44 minutes ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

Does anyone else hate it when you're trying to fight a battle and you get set on fire in multiple places and flooded by a torpedo hit?

Yes I do. That's why I generally take steps to prevent that happening.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,592 posts
7,006 battles
1 hour ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

Does anyone else hate it when you're trying to fight a battle and you get set on fire in multiple places and flooded by a torpedo hit?

Not as much as when I eat a citadel right after that.

That is when I know I have made some poor life choices.

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors
939 posts
11,735 battles

I love doing that, mainly since I play cruisers.

Team call out in chat to inform them when a BB has DCP'd after 1 fire to focus that target.

If we can get 2-3 fires on them, they burn that much quicker.

Arsonist is a great flag to earn 4 minutes into a game.

Members
4,415 posts
17,974 battles
1 hour ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

As that Yankee General once said; "War is hell!"

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 hour ago, Thornir said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tecumseh_Sherman

Made Georgia howl, and burned Atlanta to the ground.

Now THAT...was Northern Aggression.

Who won and why?  Black slaves won.....get a grip. Rich Southern slave owners were A-Holes and got what they deserved.  Sherman BROUGHT it....that is called total war.  It's how you win.  South declared war in case you do not know that. THEY fired first.  Act of war.  Ft Sumter. Their leaders were all from the slave power and greedy fools. For them money trumped human dignity and rights.  Moreover they were lazy as hell..as were their rich coddled kids. Your poor whites in the South were very different and that is why the began to desert by thousands by 1863.  They began to realize they were being used by the slave power.  The went to Eastern Tenn.  Your turn.  

Southerners in Atlanta set fire to the cotton there by the way. They started that fire. You need a Civil War history course.  You seem to still believe crap that was debunked by the early 20th century. 

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[RG]
[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
6,902 battles
12 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Who won and why?  Black slaves won.....get a grip. Rich Southern slave owners were A-Holes and got what they deserved.  Sherman BROUGHT it....that is called total war.  It's how you win.  South declared war in case you do not know that. THEY fired first.  Act of war.  Ft Sumter. Their leaders were all from the slave power and greedy fools. For them money trumped human dignity and rights.  Moreover they were lazy as hell..as were their rich coddled kids. Your poor whites in the South were very different and that is why the began to desert by thousands by 1863.  They began to realize they were being used by the slave power.  The went to Eastern Tenn.  Your turn.  

Southerners in Atlanta set fire to the cotton there by the way. They started that fire. You need a Civil War history course.  You seem to still believe crap that was debunked by the early 20th century. 

You’re misunderstanding me 180 degrees. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,375 posts
14,112 battles

Well if you charge the ennemi fleet alone, there is nothing WG can do to prevent you from being burned and flooded to death 

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
4 hours ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

Not if I am the one doing it to you,

BB dam con 1 fire, 30 seconds later gets hit by a torp, your off doing something else and you suddenly get wither er award and a kill

• Boring 1

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,987 battles

Only when it happens because our DDs are hiding behind our BBs. 

At the back of the map. 

Lol

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
2 minutes ago, CatSnipah said:

Only when it happens because our DDs are hiding behind our BBs. 

At the back of the map. 

Lol

Please support your argument with a replay

No replay = does not exist

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,562 posts
4,805 battles

I get SO upset if I have no fires burning on my BB because it means no marshmallows this battle :(

• Funny 2

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
7 hours ago, dmckay said:

Pretty sure sherman himself along with his troops spent the night trying to put it out. That being said his path of destruction was pretty savage. And iirc neither he nor lincoln were exactly abolitionists.

If fires and flooding has you down... time to reconsider flags, captain skills, and modules at the very least... if not some positioning and torpbeat tutorials.