Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Treeodeth

How to not play the Khab, well maybe ...... kinda

9 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,813 battles

I see a video of pew pew pew at range.  Isn't that the exact blueprint of Khab gameplay?

Honestly, I was expecting to see something different like trying to use her as a torp boat.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,068 posts
14,860 battles

Of all the Tier 10 Destroyers in my port the Khaba is the last one I want to be playing. Ship was OP when it came out, than got Nurf'd but today I think its been a bit power and meta creeped. That and the fact people learned how to hit it at the Khabas max gun range. 

[ASHIP]
Members
48 posts
10,756 battles

Last I checked a freddy at 8km and an HIV inside of 10 km isn't distance. It was more of the point it would have been smart to withdraw and get the correct distance for survival and damage. Ignoring the fact that I tanked 1.9 million in 4 mins of play and racked up enough damage to lead my team in scoring. It wasn't a smart move but it was a fun one.

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

Im shocked at how long you lasted in that position. If red team was on its game, you should have been dead in less than 1 minute at that range. Good job staying alive and breaking 100k. It's an absolute gold mine to find 4 BBs on one flank when you are in khab. My favorite thing to see.  Thanks for sharing the fun video

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles
On 11/16/2018 at 12:52 PM, RedSeaBear said:

Of all the Tier 10 Destroyers in my port the Khaba is the last one I want to be playing. Ship was OP when it came out, than got Nurf'd but today I think its been a bit power and meta creeped. That and the fact people learned how to hit it at the Khabas max gun range. 

Khab is a difficult DD to get right, but when you do, it is, in my opinion, the most survivable T10 dd and also one of the most devestating to the enemy team. Combination of speed and firepower is just deadly. It does have it's weaknesses, but that is what makes it a balanced ship now. 

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles
On 11/16/2018 at 12:39 PM, Ace_04 said:

I see a video of pew pew pew at range.  Isn't that the exact blueprint of Khab gameplay?

Honestly, I was expecting to see something different like trying to use her as a torp boat.

In this video, Treeofdeath gets waaaaaaay too close. He should have been at 12-14km the whole time. I think that's what he was talking about.

[ASHIP]
Members
48 posts
10,756 battles

It was the point of how not to play in that I was way to close but with the edge map mechanic and a lot of play to know how to get that wiggle. Might have made it out alive if I had noticed the freddy earlier kinda embarrassing that a freddy got that close before I noticed him. Still one of the most fun games I've had in a while.

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

yep. getting caught out too far happens to all of us sometimes.

Edited by mrieder79

Sign in to follow this