You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

all this currency no thing to buy

14 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles

If Alaska comes out for 750K, you will have just as much again left over if some surprise appears.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,028 posts
10,708 battles

Captains!

We are aware that some of you have quite a lot of doubloons, and that premium carrier trade ins will add more, therefore we are excited to announce a new currency - Pieces of Eight. Pieces of Eight will replace Doubloons, increasing the efficiency of WG money laundering efforts. From this point on, even the fringe benefits of doubloons - buying prem time, occasional option to buy ancient premiums in-game etc. will be replaced by the exciting Pieces of Eight.

We are also glad to report that our strategy of 'stuff you guys who ground lots of FXP and used premium time to help in it' has been a great success, with new, utterly pointless currency 'Coal' proving a wonderful way to devalue your FXP as we also release less normal content for FXP to help with.

See you on the digital ocean!

• Funny 2

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
540 posts
3,921 battles

listen to SubO’s comments during the Anaheim livestream and sounds like WG is planning to raise free xp prices due to proliferation of free xp flags, and container/mission rewards.  The current free xp economy is much different then when MO was released and MM is flooded with MO, Kron and Musashi.  I wouldnt be shocked to see Alaska free xp price at 900K to 1 mil, or not relasesed for free xp at all.  That said I’ve got 3.5 mil and 24k dubs waiting to spend, so Im good unless they go nuts and sell for steel only. 

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,387 posts
2,530 battles

See, I have no problem with WarGaming phasing out free xp for coal, steel, anything they want.

BUT, we should be able to convert our current currencies into anything we want... With different exchange rates, of course.
That way, doublons to coal/steel or FreeXP to coal would greatly allow one the liberty to spend their earnings on what they want.

Some have multi-million free XP, other struggle to get their own 750k.  It really isn't fair to then come out and only release stuff for the new ones and preventing casual players from using theirs.
Fine, don't use free XP.  At least give me ways to convert my existing currency.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,789 posts
5,374 battles

I will see it’s a lot easier to get free XP now. Or it could be that I have a few teir tens so I think that makes it easier. I would like them to take some of the steel ships out and charge a crazy amount of XP. 

[SVF]
Members
989 posts
1,362 battles
8 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

BUT, we should be able to convert our current currencies into anything we want... With different exchange rates, of course.
That way, doublons to coal/steel or FreeXP to coal would greatly allow one the liberty to spend their earnings on what they want.

WG would probably hose people on the FXP-->Coal conversion though.

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,387 posts
2,530 battles
Just now, landcollector said:

WG would probably hose people on the FXP-->Coal conversion though.

Better than the Alaska or anything else future I want being sold for coal, while I sit on 850+k of FXP that's rotting in the fridge.
Even if It cost me, at least I can compensate my missing coal with free XP.

Or WG programs something that when you buy a ship, it gets your main currency first and lets you adjust how much of each you want to use.
That is another way this could work.  I'm open to suggestions, but I don't want to be left out because I'm a casual and cannot farm FXP / Coal (let alone steel) as fast as others.

[SVF]
Members
989 posts
1,362 battles
1 minute ago, Francois424 said:

Better than the Alaska or anything else future I want being sold for coal, while I sit on 850+k of FXP that's rotting in the fridge.
Even if It cost me, at least I can compensate my missing coal with free XP.

Or WG programs something that when you buy a ship, it gets your main currency first and lets you adjust how much of each you want to use.
That is another way this could work.  I'm open to suggestions, but I don't want to be left out because I'm a casual and cannot farm FXP / Coal (let alone steel) as fast as others.

I suppose that is true.  I'm a casual player myself, the only times I actually get all 3 daily crates is when I powergrind a weekly Scenario that doesn't annoy me.  Most days when I play I get 1 crate, maybe 2 crates max.

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,914 battles
12 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

Some have multi-million free XP, other struggle to get their own 750k.

Very much this. I might be rolling around in a few million free exp, but there's still countless threads on here and reddit with people saying "I finally got the Nelson/Musashi!" or "I have x amount of free exp now, should I get the Nelson or save up for one of the Tier IXs?". 

If WG suddenly up's the price of the free exp ships, is it really fair for those who are still grinding? I can see why they would, or why they are offering the Jean Bart for other currencies, but there should be either some form of currency conversion or alternate outlet for those of us with millions of free exp or credits. 

• Cool 2

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,893 posts
11,552 battles

Save all your FXP for when subs come out.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,830 posts
4,095 battles

Sitting with 4.5 million that I've accumulated over summer and left it since. Could've had over 10 million by now if I kept my vigor of free xp farming, but just waiting for Alaska to revive my vigor.