You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

PSA to WG about radar!

42 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles

WG if you nerf radar and make it Basicly pointless you need to change smoke. Its insane that a dd can sit in smoke and see perfectly any ship that is spotted.

NO ONE should be able to see out of smoke and certainly you should never be able to target anything while sitting in smoke.

From t2 to t8 there is basicly no effective counter to smoke. T7 radar is Basicly pointless. And when there is no radar but 7 ships still have smoke.

Need smoke, as DD players say make smoke realistic and make it so you cant see out of it no matter what is spotted.

If you dont change smoke dont cha he radar. Unfact make radar better!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[AFW-]
Members
255 posts
10,313 battles

so if you cant see an enemy then you also cant shoot at it right? no more hugging islands and getting no risk damage?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,117 posts
12,053 battles

A) No one can see out of smoke. Smoke blocks line of sight regardless of if you are inside the smoke or not, this is a basic game mechanic, you should know this.

B) There is a counter to smoke other than radar, its call torpedos. Shoot them into the smoke and get yourself some lovely dev strikes.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
1,862 posts
10,762 battles

WG doesn't balance game based on OP's uninformed opinion, right?

RIGHT???

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,771 posts
28 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

A) No one can see out of smoke. Smoke blocks line of sight regardless of if you are inside the smoke or not, this is a basic game mechanic, you should know this.

B) There is a counter to smoke other than radar, its call torpedos. Shoot them into the smoke and get yourself some lovely dev strikes.

Torpedos? I usually just go full Nux
Mad+Max+Fury+Road.gif

Members
1,544 posts
506 battles
42 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

with 7K plus battles,,, yeah people should know this....then again.....research shows that even when you know HOW the game works does not mean you know HOW to play the game...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,771 posts
45 minutes ago, HP_Lovesauce said:

I'm still waiting for any full chrome skin.

Y'know, that can be arranged...

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

You forgot some counters.

C) Hydro can spot ships in smoke. Get close if you're brave enough. 

D) Using skill to blind fire into the smoke, this can be done with a bit of luck and either spotter plane or the Tiny Circle on the Mini Map showing where your guns are pointing. 

Remember Smoke is only Concealment it is not Cover. Smoke can be defeated

Pro Tip if the only thing spotting your big ship is a DD that just smoked up than don't fire your guns. Because they can't see your ship if you don't fire your guns. Take the time they can't see you to leave the area or Sneak up on them. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,676 posts
2,358 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

This, definitely this. I don't know what it is lately, but every game the first couple kills are torp dev strikes on DDs sitting in smoke. I mean, it's not that hard, half of them even have hydro now. Also, torps are the reason I never sat in smoke in a CA, CL, or BB. Doubly true now with the gun bloom. If you pop smoke, anyone with a torpedo launcher in range is going to dump them in your general direction. The blind torp shots on DDs are hilarious.

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles
4 hours ago, Apewar said:

so if you cant see an enemy then you also cant shoot at it right? no more hugging islands and getting no risk damage?

Again you will not talk about radar or smoke. You want to try amd change the topic and bring an unrelated event. If you want to address the topic and smoke and radar then get back to me.

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,332 battles
16 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

This, definitely this. I don't know what it is lately, but every game the first couple kills are torp dev strikes on DDs sitting in smoke. I mean, it's not that hard, half of them even have hydro now. Also, torps are the reason I never sat in smoke in a CA, CL, or BB. Doubly true now with the gun bloom. If you pop smoke, anyone with a torpedo launcher in range is going to dump them in your general direction. The blind torp shots on DDs are hilarious.

It's ridiculous how many kills I get in Yugumo on DDs sitting in smoke. It's T9... still haven't learned. 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,150 posts
4 hours ago, jags_domain said:

WG if you nerf radar and make it Basicly pointless you need to change smoke. Its insane that a dd can sit in smoke and see perfectly any ship that is spotted.

NO ONE should be able to see out of smoke and certainly you should never be able to target anything while sitting in smoke.

From t2 to t8 there is basicly no effective counter to smoke. T7 radar is Basicly pointless. And when there is no radar but 7 ships still have smoke.

Need smoke, as DD players say make smoke realistic and make it so you cant see out of it no matter what is spotted.

If you dont change smoke dont cha he radar. Unfact make radar better!

Translation: I am mad that the detection bloom on my 16" guns is larger than that of 5" guns, making me visible when I try to push the DD out of his smoke and use it for myself.

[PLPT]
Members
759 posts
7,296 battles

I have to agree that smoke was OP, thus causing the need for radar. But I think it’s too late to unwind everything. 

Maybe if smoke were shorter duration across the board, then we could eliminate radar. 

Not gonna happen. 

Edited by n00bot

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles
3 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

And you dont have torpa? Its below t7 there is no sonar on cruisers.

At all tiers were there is no radar at all.

I have dd players tell me they diserve to stealth spot because but planes dont have that right.

Smoke as I said and you are liying to everyone. When insode smoke you can se every ship that is spotted and target them. While someone is trying to blind fire is to smoke.

Stop lieing to everyone about how smoke is under powered and how little advantage it is. Its over powered and should not work the way it does.

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles
57 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

MOST SHIPS DONT HAVE TORPS. YOUR BLIND FIRING INTO SMOKE WHILE SITTI G IN SMOKE YOU ARE TARGETING.

STOP LIEING ABOUT SMOKE

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles
4 minutes ago, n00bot said:

I have to agree that smoke was OP, this causing the need for radar. But I think it’s too late to unwind everything. 

Maybe if smoke were shorter duration across the board, then we could eliminate radar. 

Not gonna happen. 

Simone making some scents. If they made smoke so you wpuld be blind inside of it. That would balance it out.

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles
6 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Translation: I am mad that the detection bloom on my 16" guns is larger than that of 5" guns, making me visible when I try to push the DD out of his smoke and use it for myself.

No tired of dd sitting in smoke haveing perfict visabilty and tirex of dd notching for months about radar.

O look I can't just sit in smoke O everything has to change. There have been 4 buff to dd and 4 nerf to every other ship and still not enought for the dd babies.

You want los radar. Well lets make lis smoke. Lets get real about torps and have no reload because the idea of reloading torps in battle is stupid.

See everyone that does not a dd main is tired of dd babies and the Constantine buff I g of dd and screwing everyone else.

So as normal a dd player cannt see beyond the edge of edge of his smoke with out help

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
2,173 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Not that I agree with the OP, but this is basically saying "DDs counter DDs, DDs counter CA/CLs and DDs counter BBs." and that is the exact reason that radar was added to the game in the first place.  The only players who are going on about how the game was better and balanced before radar was added are DD players who want a return to the days of DD dominance.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
1,150 posts
29 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Simone making some scents. If they made smoke so you wpuld be blind inside of it. That would balance it out.

You are. Unless someone spots for you. If you are getting shot at by a destroyer in smoke, it means someone other than that destroyer can see you and the team spotting mechanic does the rest. What it sounds like you want is to remove team spotting. I assure you of the complete and unconditional support of every destroyer player in the game for that change.

• Cool 1