You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Leopard_IX

USS Missouri

83 comments in this topic

[RNG]
Members
663 posts
4,092 battles

Hi Everyone!

From what I have seen from this Anaheim stream and from the past, people want the Missouri. I want to hear the communtity's output on this. Do you think that people should have a chance to earn it in containers or in raffles? WG could even put these ships in CC containers. Another option would be to put them in the upcoming Christmas containers.

What do I think about this?

I think people should have a chance to get the Missouri whether from CC containers, raffles(like the one from the Anaheim stream) or just as an earn-able ship. Not all people were WoWS players when Missouri was out for free xp. All I am saying is that it would be fair for the more newer players to have a chance to get the ship.:cap_rambo:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
941 posts
8,889 battles

The big problem that the developers have with making Missouri available again, and coincidentally the same reason so many people want her, is that she's basically a floating federal mint in this game. Her credit coefficient is so high, that she basically makes all other premiums pointless, as far as having a credit earner is concerned. Obviously, once a player gets her, said player would have literally no reason to purchase another premium ever again, outside of collecting/historical purposes.

Thus, the developers don't want to Missouri available ever again due to how it would sink one of their means of generating revenue if they did make her available.

• Cool 4

[-TKS-]
Members
749 posts
12,121 battles
6 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

I think people should have a chance to get the Missouri whether from CC containers, raffles(like the one from the Anaheim stream) or just as an earn-able ship. Not all people were WoWS players when Missouri was out for free xp. All I am saying is that it would be fair for the more newer players to have a chance to get the ship.:cap_rambo:

is it fair people cant buy the Belfast , kami, gremy? So if "fairness" is a criterion I think those ships should have precedence . 

[PQUOD]
Members
3,069 posts
11,676 battles
28 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

The big problem that the developers have with making Missouri available again, and coincidentally the same reason so many people want her, is that she's basically a floating federal mint in this game. Her credit coefficient is so high, that she basically makes all other premiums pointless, as far as having a credit earner is concerned. Obviously, once a player gets her, said player would have literally no reason to purchase another premium ever again, outside of collecting/historical purposes.

Thus, the developers don't want to Missouri available ever again due to how it would sink one of their means of generating revenue if they did make her available.

The Musashi is a ATM too. I bought it with coal in the arsenal for that specific reason. If playing with premium time coupled with all the credit enhancing flags and camo. A good game will bank over $1 million exchange credits per game.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,732 posts
2,228 battles
9 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

The Musashi is a ATM too. I bought it with coal in the arsenal for that specific reason. If playing with premium time coupled with all the credit enhancing flags and camo. A good game will bank over $1 million exchange credits per game.

Which sounds pretty cool, till you realize a Missouri with:

Perma-camo with -20% to post-battle service

Flags with another -10% to post-battle service

Flags with +20%, 50%, 20%, 25%, and 30% to credits

can hit 3+ million credits in a good Random battle, and probably near 2 million in a bad one!

[-ZF-]
Beta Testers
3,306 posts
5,090 battles
55 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

Hi Everyone!

From what I have seen from this Anaheim stream and from the past, people want the Missouri. I want to hear the communtity's output on this. Do you think that people should have a chance to earn it in containers or in raffles? WG could even put these ships in CC containers. Another option would be to put them in the upcoming Christmas containers.

What do I think about this?

as long as its a limited quantity for game health, sure. gets the community out and about, and talking about the game. WG is one of very few companies that does so much interaction with players.

I would even go as far to say that if WG wanted to sell MO as a part of a charity collaboration like they did for Texas. I would support that. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,640 posts
9,939 battles

i can see why people want the MO back.  it prints credits like no other.   Even without prem time, i played it daily to afford to grind all of the other lines.  I got 30 days prem time in one of the SCs for the WoWs anniversery.   I played the crap out of it with all the credit flags and camos i could to get the most out of it.  I am pretty sure i am at the point now that i have enough credits for all of my remaining lines.(2 bb lines, 3 criuser, and 3 dd now that we have RN DDs) i still wouldn't mind saving some credits by waiting until there is a sale. 

the above is why i dont think we will ever see the MO back, at least not without nerfs.   I could see them sell another Iowa sister in its place, but it makes less money.

Edited by Frederick_The_Great
  • Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,524 posts
12,810 battles

The reason the ship was pulled is because it was over-performing in games.  The credits are really not terribly relevant.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,732 posts
2,228 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

The reason the ship was pulled is because it was over-performing in games.  The credits are really not terribly relevant.

Well, some people say that, but others (including LWM) say it was the credit-printing.  Basically, if you have Missouri, there's no need to buy credits or play low tiers to sustain a Tier 10 playing habit.  I don't know where the truth is, of course.  

Members
1,640 posts
9,939 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

The MO isn't much better than the Iowa.  The only key difference is the spotter plane vs Radar.  Each has their ups and downs, with radar being a little better.(spotting aircraft cool down is way too long)  The difference in stats has to do with A: its a premium ship so you can move captains to it without retraining, B: no stock grind, and C:  mostly veteran players have it so they are more experienced than the average player.     there is also the fact there are people who learned how the to play the Iowas on the Iowa, and by the time they got to MO, they knew how it plays.  i fall into the latter.  I was a far more experienced player by the time i got the MO on top of having over one hundred games in the iowa.   It also helps that i had an actually decent build when i got the MO for my US BB captains.   my build when i got the Iowa wasn't that good.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
11,358 posts
31,832 battles

Is it true that they can't nerf premiums because it would violate some EU law? Otherwise I think people would be fine with a credit nerf, if that is the problem. Certainly I would. She's enjoyable to play whether I make bank or not... 

[WOLF1]
Members
4,732 posts
2,228 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Is it true that they can't nerf premiums because it would violate some EU law? Otherwise I think people would be fine with a credit nerf, if that is the problem. Certainly I would. She's enjoyable to play whether I make bank or not... 

I've never been sure what the legal basis is. 

However, I notice how bad it is if WG changes a date of release on something, or changes their mind on something even a little bit.   I'd hate to hear that shitstorm if they nerfed a premium...

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,855 posts
9,017 battles

The credit printing power is way overrated. It's not that much compared to other T9 and T10 premium ships. She's also quite difficult to farm a lot of damage with. You're only ever going to see close to 2 million with absurd 250k+ damage games with multiple achievements. Much more likely you'll get 50-60k damage games and less than 700k credits with all flags and camo. If I knew I would get better results with damage farming premium ships like kutuzov and playing operations with Atlanta I wouldn't have spent a single doubloon on unlocking Missouri. You'll almost never get games like this:

Spoiler

4b396adc29.png

This was a game with a Kraken, 135k damage, and a lot of damage on destroyers (credit gain is % hp based). Meanwhile, an average Operations game in Atlanta:

Spoiler

41ba4afe9d.png

Forget about Missouri and look forward to the release of Alaska instead.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,426 posts
20,527 battles

The Missouri as we know her with the US Gov't Money Printer on board will never return.  I can, however, see Iowa-class sisters New Jersey or Wiscaaahhhnsen making it into the game.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,994 posts
18,209 battles
51 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Disagree. It was pulled because it makes too much credits. Missouri is just an Iowa with radar and slightly better armor protecting the citadel for bow tanking. Nothing else.  

34 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I for one would be seriously upset if they nerfed the credit making power of Missouri to bring it back if it impacted my Missouri's built in credit printing press. Why should I take a hit because others didn't get it? Not my fault. I have no problem with them bringing it back as is, or as a different sister ship (ie; NJ or Wisconsin) with lower earnings, but to nerf the ship just to bring it back = NO!

28 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I've never been sure what the legal basis is. 

However, I notice how bad it is if WG changes a date of release on something, or changes their mind on something even a little bit.   I'd hate to hear that shitstorm if they nerfed a premium...

WG has stated they will not nerf a premium. That is why so many that have been considered OP have been removed from sale rather than "fixed". It is something they actually have adhered to so far and not done. IF they have altered a game mechanic that seriously impacts a premium ship such as the smoke nerf that got Kutuzov and Belfast they offered refunds. So I don't see Missouri being nerfed so it can be made available again just on policy. You are right though the outcry would be massive if they did. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,524 posts
12,810 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Disagree. It was pulled because it makes too much credits. Missouri is just an Iowa with radar and slightly better armor protecting the citadel for bow tanking. Nothing else.  

It's the radar that makes a difference.  It gives the ship a whole lot more utility than the Iowa has

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
22,426 posts
20,527 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

There are a lot of overperforming Premium / Arsenal ships right now and they haven't been pulled.  Nelson, Tier X IX Musashi, Caesar, etc.  Matter of fact, Musashi is doing a lot better than even Missouri (because she's a godd*mn Tier X in Tier IX), yet she's still available.

OTOH, there has yet to be another ship to have the Missouri money printer as a perk other than Missouri herself.  Money making Premiums aren't new, most generally are, especially as you climb the tiers.  But none before or since Missouri had that extra special earning capability.

It's those points that make me believe she got yanked due to the money maker potential.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,524 posts
12,810 battles
46 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

No not really.  WG /can/ nerf premiums.  They feel it's rarely worth the effort to nerf them because there would be huge amounts of outcry.

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,643 posts
7,278 battles
14 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

The credit printing power is way overrated. It's not that much compared to other T9 and T10 premium ships. She's also quite difficult to farm a lot of damage with. You're only ever going to see close to 2 million with absurd 250k+ damage games with multiple achievements. Much more likely you'll get 50-60k damage games and less than 700k credits with all flags and camo. If I knew I would get better results with damage farming premium ships like kutuzov and playing operations with Atlanta I wouldn't have spent a single doubloon on unlocking Missouri. You'll almost never get games like this:

Reveal hidden contents

4b396adc29.png

This was a game with a Kraken, 135k damage, and a lot of damage on destroyers (credit gain is % hp based). Meanwhile, an average Operations game in Atlanta:

Reveal hidden contents

41ba4afe9d.png

Forget about Missouri and look forward to the release of Alaska instead.

Maybe it's just you? Certain ships suit others differently and in this case Missouri does not suit you, does not mean everyone else are experiencing the same.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,524 posts
12,810 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There are a lot of overperforming Premium / Arsenal ships right now and they haven't been pulled.  Nelson, Tier X IX Musashi, Caesar, etc.

OTOH, there has yet to be another ship to have the Missouri money printer as a perk other than Missouri herself.  Money making Premiums aren't new, most generally are, especially as you climb the tiers.  But none before or since Missouri had that extra special earning capability.

It's those points that make me believe she got yanked due to the money maker potential.

Look at how long they leave the over-performers for sale though.  Belfast was available for a long time.  Mo was available for quite a while.  Musashi will eventually be pulled as will Cesare I believe.  Credits are mostly irrelevant these days, unless you are a 100% free-to-play player, and there anre't many of those likely who have the Mo.

[PVE]
Members
9,994 posts
18,209 battles
22 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Missouri is hands down the best earning ship in game. No other ship comes close to it when equal performances would be compared. You call it overrated yet you give the reasons why you don't earn well in it; you don't do well in the ship. You earn more in other ships because you are doing well in them. 

Overrated you say? I don't even come close to what Missouri can earn in any other ship including T9 and T10 Premiums with similar or even better games. Even an average game damage wise, if I am able to do other things that help rewards, can return insane payouts.

Missouri in "Co-op" ...

TizLim2.jpg

5lTA1sU.jpg

NRwVhVj.jpg

zQCpaY5.jpg

JVLOdV8.jpg

jBcGLYD.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,524 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

Well, some people say that, but others (including LWM) say it was the credit-printing.  Basically, if you have Missouri, there's no need to buy credits or play low tiers to sustain a Tier 10 playing habit.  I don't know where the truth is, of course.  

Sub_Octavian said it was overperforming recently on reddit.