Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gunga_Dinner

So what do I do now?

14 comments in this topic

[CSALT]
Members
1,299 posts

I just finished getting through the USN BB line AND obtaining the Unique Upgrade for the Montana.  I haven't even tried it out yet to see if it was worth it and don't know when I will cause I am a little tired of the ship and style of play:Smile_teethhappy:.  Man, BBs are slow!!!!!  I must have ADHD or something...

Anyway, I now have a problem and I am not sure what to do.  Doing the BB line I was able to get my Captain to 19 points, woo hoo, right?  Right.  I maxed out my Captain just before starting to work on the Unique upgrade so all the commander XP I earned doing that was converted to Elite Commander XP.  Take a look:

Monty12b.thumb.jpg.8339da9a5a3617affea66d76ed44570c.jpg

What do I do with the 878,893 Elite COmmander XP?  I always get wishy washy when things like this happen.  I could use it to get another Captain to 19 or close at least, I have a couiple 14s and a 16.  I could save it and let it grow.  Heck, I could even use it with the 15 point William Halsey Jr. I have sitting there in reserve not doing anything for anyone.  I could get him to 18 or 19 if I wanted to spend 91K free xp as well.

I could also spend it on my Le Terrible 12 point captain and get him up to 17 (18 if I wanted to spend some free XP).

I have plenty of 10 point Captain or lower that I could just about double their points with.

Somebody tell me what to dooooooooo...

Members
2,650 posts
10,210 battles

Do you plan on going down any different ship trees?

What are your favorite ships? Do they have 19pts?

Need more info to advise.

[WOLFC]
Members
581 posts
21,203 battles

Pick a ship you play on a regular basis and level her commander. Then you'll have 2 commanders earning you elite commander xp. Things just snowball from there.

• Cool 1

Members
762 posts
9,689 battles

I usually use these Elite Commander XP for re-training/add more XP to the captains I use...
re-training/adding more XP for moving captains from other ships or advancing to upper tiers...

[CSALT]
Members
1,299 posts
23 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Do you plan on going down any different ship trees?

What are your favorite ships? Do they have 19pts?

Need more info to advise.

I play a lot of IJN DDs, but I have a 19 commander for that after grinding through to the Shima and Haugro.  I also play a lot of USN and RN Cruisers as well.  I am going down the French and RN BB lines as well.

I was considering going down the Soviet Cruiser line, maybe I'll boost one of my Russian captains for that.  Hmmmm....  I think I have a 10 point anime Soviet Captain, Aurora I think is her name?  Might use it on her and get her to 17 points and put her in a Novik and go from there.  That might be fun.

Good idea, thanks.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner

[INTEL]
Members
11,032 posts
30,932 battles
16 hours ago, Rumple010 said:

Pick a ship you play on a regular basis and level her commander. Then you'll have 2 commanders earning you elite commander xp. Things just snowball from there.

This. 19 pointers. breed like bacteria. Soon you will have 3 million commander XP and won't even know what to do with it since every ship you play regularly has a 19 pt commander. 

[WOLFC]
Members
581 posts
21,203 battles
23 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Soon you will have 3 million commander XP and won't even know what to do with it since every ship you play regularly has a 19 pt commander.

Ha! I've got 30 elite commanders and I'm not there yet. I keep finding new ship lines to grind. Darn you WG for introducing new ship lines on a regular basis! 

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,069 posts
6 hours ago, Rumple010 said:

Ha! I've got 30 elite commanders and I'm not there yet. I keep finding new ship lines to grind. Darn you WG for introducing new ship lines on a regular basis! 

Oh how true!!

I've had ship ADHD for a while now.  Which is why, even though I've got 8000 games under my belt, I only have 2 19 pointers- and neither is on a daily driver.   I've also got oodles and oodles of 10-14 point captains; LOTS of 9 and under captains;  and a handful of 15-17's.  Buffalo is closest with 18, but I don't play it much. (that will change, once the buff goes through!)

Over 170 ships in port, too- and I've sold plenty.

My E-XP rarely gets over 150k, because I use it to boost captains that are close to a skill point (ie they'll have enough to buy a skill if they get this next point).  Currently, I'm working on Alsace's captain- who's at 16.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,945 posts
9,001 battles
7 hours ago, Taichunger said:

This. 19 pointers. breed like bacteria. Soon you will have 3 million commander XP and won't even know what to do with it since every ship you play regularly has a 19 pt commander. 

Isn't this the point at which you engage in the hobby of re-speccing out of sheer curiosity?

The first part of the Royal Navy event was very useful for me. I didn't want to use my brand new Acasta and Icarus until I'd ground out the lesser ships, so Gallant got a LOT of use, and she takes my 19-pointer. I imagine I will be flogging the hell out of Cossack once I get her - my first order of serious business once RN is done is to get the Shinonome and unlock Yamamoto - and with any luck I will be able to funnel most of my captain XP into a trust fund for the next 19 pointer. The big question is... which one do I promote first? Same nation or a different nation?

[WOLF2]
Members
3,951 posts
16,023 battles
22 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Oh how true!!

I've had ship ADHD for a while now.  Which is why, even though I've got 8000 games under my belt, I only have 2 19 pointers- and neither is on a daily driver.   I've also got oodles and oodles of 10-14 point captains; LOTS of 9 and under captains;  and a handful of 15-17's.  Buffalo is closest with 18, but I don't play it much. (that will change, once the buff goes through!)

Over 170 ships in port, too- and I've sold plenty.

My E-XP rarely gets over 150k, because I use it to boost captains that are close to a skill point (ie they'll have enough to buy a skill if they get this next point).  Currently, I'm working on Alsace's captain- who's at 16.

Also being ADD, ADHD, with a dash of OCD I can definitely say you need a magazine or a good book to play BBs … it's like watching football (1 min of standing around for every 15s of play)

I strongly recommend DDs for "fun 'n engaging", although you will suffer in other ways it's worth it!

One thing I've noticed creeping into my games concerns me though - narcolepsy:)

[4HIM]
Members
2,590 posts
8,656 battles
45 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Buffalo is closest with 18, but I don't play it much. (that will change, once the buff goes through!)

Nowhere close to 18 on the Buffalo Chip.  But I too can't wait for the buff.  As it stands, I abhor playing it.  So little to no progress on that captain.  

[WOLF9]
Members
4,069 posts
6 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Nowhere close to 18 on the Buffalo Chip.  But I too can't wait for the buff.  As it stands, I abhor playing it.  So little to no progress on that captain.  

I loved mine, but moved on to other ships once I finished it.   Also, the meta shifted a bit once the US Pew Pews were introduced, and Buff wasn't quite as fun to play.  Not because I liked the pewpews better, but because the game changed- reds were gunned down ever faster, leaving fewer targets for the slower reloaders- and you spent most of the game on fire anyhow...   Which brought about the newest BB-apocalypse- to deal with the CL's.  They aren't too picky, though- CA's taste just as good, lol.

Getting back into cruisers is slow going atm- you're usually the minority, and the favorite target.   I'm currently trying to grind both Myoko and Dallas.  I've had success playing Hot-Lanta, but that's mainly due to A) the flood of DD's right now, and B) bots are stupid, and will ignore you while you machine gun them to pieces, if there's a living DD. (which they'll hyper focus on to the exclusion of all else.)  It's a quick trip to port though, if they decide I'm the next target!

Dallas is every bit as fragile as Atlanta- just without the crazy RoF, and the torpedoes to get out of tight spots.  Myoko is just Myoko- decent armor- for a cruiser- if bow on, but a citadel magnet if you aren't- and the torps are of questionable value outside of certain special circumstances.  Can do massive damage, but it still suffers from CA syndrome (aka red headed stepchild syndrome) in the current meta of DD/BB/CL.   I love seeing them on the red team when I'm in a US or german CA or a BB, because they're so easy to nail for huge damage, due to the miles long citadel.  Others certainly look at them the same way, lol!

I rarely play pvp, so that likely explains our opposite opinion of Buff.  It's a ship that seems designed to succeed in co-op, but be cannon fodder in pvp.   On the flipside, you guys get Richelieu- a ship that sux donkey balls in co-op. ( I didn't enjoy Kaiser, either until I took it to pvp- and there it's true genius was revealed)

[EGO]
Members
3,689 posts
16 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

What do I do with the 878,893 Elite COmmander XP?  I always get wishy washy when things like this happen.  I could use it to get another Captain to 19 or close at least, I have a couiple 14s and a 16.  I could save it and let it grow.  Heck, I could even use it with the 15 point William Halsey Jr. I have sitting there in reserve not doing anything for anyone.  I could get him to 18 or 19 if I wanted to spend 91K free xp as well.

Use it on Halsey. He should not be sitting in reserve. Don't use the Free XP.

[4HIM]
Members
2,590 posts
8,656 battles
4 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I rarely play pvp, so that likely explains our opposite opinion of Buff.  It's a ship that seems designed to succeed in co-op, but be cannon fodder in pvp.

I would go broke playing the Buffalo Chip in PvE. With flags and camo I barely make credits in PvP with it due to the borked economy of T9. 

Sign in to follow this