You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

In honour of November 11, I've thought of something creative we could all participate in.

22 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,026 posts
2,917 battles

For this Remembrance/Veterans/Armistice Day, I thought we could all share in it a little more closely than we usually do on the forums. Essentially, I'm trying to start a comment chain.

Here's how it works: Each person will post a section from the famous poem "In Flanders Fields" by John McCrae. For example, if I post "In Flanders Fields", the next person will post "the poppies blow", the next person will post "between the crosses", etc. until the poem is complete. If you don't know the words, feel free to look it up. Admittedly I've never attempted making a post like this here before, so lets hope it works! :Smile-_tongue: :etc_red_button:

I'll start it off:

In Flanders Fields,

[WOLF5]
Members
2,724 posts
3,130 battles

What the heck, why not

Row on row

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,704 posts
2,122 battles

The larks, still bravely singing, fly,

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,947 posts
4,388 battles

Thanks for starting this thread, Sherm.  It is gratifying, and fitting that it should be completed on Thanksgiving Day.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
6,026 posts
2,917 battles
33 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Thanks for starting this thread, Sherm.  It is gratifying, and fitting that it should be completed on Thanksgiving Day.

No problem. I'm glad to see that it finally got finished, though funnily enough on a day that Canada celebrates all the way back in October.