You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Games with 6 carriers? Are you serious?

16 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,190 posts
12,403 battles
11 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I am not playing in matches with 6 carriers.

Since you are complaining about 6 CV's in a match I will assume you are not in the test and only heard about it. It is a huge struggle for the new CV's as things are now.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,087 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Since you are complaining about 6 CV's in a match I will assume you are not in the test and only heard about it. It is a huge struggle for the new CV's as things are now.

The AA is ridiculous. And the controls are overly sensitive. You can try and dodge the AA but all that does is give the AA more time to get DPS on you. And you can't reliably hit a target unless you get into their constant DPS zone and of course all of your planes even the ones not going to fire come along with you so you're lucky to get 2 attack runs out of a squadron. I give this rework a F.

Members
689 posts
5,682 battles
18 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I am not playing in matches with 6 carriers.

"I didn't read anything about this 6 CV thing, nor do I actually care about reading into it, I just want to complain about something I heard that I don't even know is on the TST server only. I therefore resign my will to play because this thing that I don't know anything about is going to absolutely ruin the game when it definitely and legitimately makes it to the live server (even though I don't know it's only on TST)! WeeGee I am uninstalling and charging back all my cards. I have an AMEX card and they will do it for me NO QUESTIONS ASKED!"

Please read the information regarding the CV test (TST server) before complaining about something that only exists to test extremes with the new CV playing. Games with 3 CV aren't even that bad if you know how to position and prioritize AA sectors. The AA is a little less RNG (but still makes no sense, you either kill all the planes in a squad in 5 seconds or they survive a full DFAA), but you aren't going to get dev-struck. You will, however, be whittled down by an unlimited amount of planes.

But hey, at least you wont have midway instadelete like, what, 4 bbs in the game? Hope it was worth it!

image.thumb.png.99cd06df66ac714cbd6c1ef4931d6699.png

[-ARP-]
Members
687 posts
13,725 battles

Yeah it's 3 cv per side on TST, it makes the game unplayable.

I am on the tst server, how else would I see 6 cv game?

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,087 battles
1 minute ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Yeah it's 3 cv per side on TST, it makes the game unplayable.

I am on the tst server, how else would I see 6 cv game?

If you're having problems with CVs that's a you problem, CVs are so neutered in this test.

[-ARP-]
Members
687 posts
13,725 battles

That's why I'm in the test.  Getting triple dropped in Montana is instant death. 

CVs need more nerf, clearly.

• Cool 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,087 battles
14 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

That's why I'm in the test.  Getting triple dropped in Montana is instant death. 

Seriously if you're in a Montana having issues with T8 planes....that is you

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,207 posts
11,426 battles
15 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

?????? are you even in the same test? 3 CV's given a whole match might be able to sink a parked Montana with it's AA turned off.

[RLGN]
Members
11,745 posts
20,723 battles

@The_Painted_Target

Which means if you can’t figure out the stupidly unintuitive AA controls, six carrier game get you nothing but deleted?

Let’s see... Click on a target to prioritize AA, vs this lunstic AA that now takes several steps to activate and focus...

...so much easier now.

Members
689 posts
5,682 battles
56 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

@The_Painted_Target

Which means if you can’t figure out the stupidly unintuitive AA controls, six carrier game get you nothing but deleted?

Let’s see... Click on a target to prioritize AA, vs this lunstic AA that now takes several steps to activate and focus...

...so much easier now.

Push O.

Click on side you want AA focused.

Wow that was so incredibly difficult.

[RLGN]
Members
11,745 posts
20,723 battles
4 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Push O.

Click on side you want AA focused.

Wow that was so incredibly difficult.

Two steps versus one; and nothing in game last test made it clear how that worked.

How about click on one side to focus? ONE STEP. Even easier.

WG is trying to make carriers 'easier,' which is a load of malarkey. All they're doing is making them harder to use.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,491 posts
10,445 battles
1 hour ago, LubzinNJ said:

If you're having problems with CVs that's a you problem,

Even on live half the time that's the case. People wanna put it all on the CV when half the time it's a team of fools spread out so they have no extra AA, are too far apart for the CV to cover, and other really stupid mistakes. Seriously, they could just nerf alpha damage on live server, which, admittedly, at the very least TB's need unless they remove manual drops, it'd cut down on some whining but some of the same would complain still cause they are off alone away from the team and the CV didn't babysit them.

But I have no idea what to give this iteration of the rework cause I gave the last iteration and F and this is actually worse. I think this is at least an H. I can't believe I'm at a point I'd rather see CV's just outright removed if this is their idea of a rework.

Members
689 posts
5,682 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Two steps versus one; and nothing in game last test made it clear how that worked.

How about click on one side to focus? ONE STEP. Even easier.

WG is trying to make carriers 'easier,' which is a load of malarkey. All they're doing is making them harder to use.

You mean pushing O and clicking a side is harder than:

Panning your camera to view the plane coming in. Pushing control. Clicking on the right squadron. Panning, control, clicking again when you need to hit a new squadron.

Stop crying and dedicate more than 4 watts of brain juice toward managing your ship and UI and the sector firing is much easier to use, simpler, and more intuitive. Using control click to +30% AA damage is only briefly mentioned in the in-game hints before a battle, and the usage changes completely when you use manual AA, and even then, it now only effects guns above a certain size. That's a lot of nonsense for a new player to remember instead of:

PUSH O AND CLICK WHICH SIDE YOU WANT THE BIG DAMAGE ON.

[RLGN]
Members
11,745 posts
20,723 battles
1 hour ago, The_Painted_Target said:

You mean pushing O and clicking a side is harder than:

Panning your camera to view the plane coming in. Pushing control. Clicking on the right squadron. Panning, control, clicking again when you need to hit a new squadron.

Stop crying and dedicate more than 4 watts of brain juice toward managing your ship and UI and the sector firing is much easier to use, simpler, and more intuitive. Using control click to +30% AA damage is only briefly mentioned in the in-game hints before a battle, and the usage changes completely when you use manual AA, and even then, it now only effects guns above a certain size. That's a lot of nonsense for a new player to remember instead of:

PUSH O AND CLICK WHICH SIDE YOU WANT THE BIG DAMAGE ON.

As you said; easy enough...

...the rock simplicity simply staggers the mind. I'd say I couldn't possibly concieve of WG being able to hold player's hands any more tightly that what the test AA system in its current state represents; but I wouldn't want to to be proven wrong.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
445 posts
3,727 battles

plane controls are to slow they are far to frustrating. If they are expecting us to dodge flak we need quicker responding control of the planes not this slow to turn garbage.