Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Should Alask be tier X?

9 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,957 posts
10,828 battles

Just had a thought I wanted to put forth for consideration, what if Alaska was moved up to tier X so that it could be used in Clan Battles and Ranked? It’s main gun Caliber is big enough to do it, and historically speaking it was relatively close second to Iowa class BB...

[HINON]
Supertester
20,697 posts
14,131 battles

I used to believe that Alaska would have to be T10, but no longer - the problem is ricochet and medium caliber guns that don't overmatch much of anything in tier. It would be outclassed at T10.

[RKLES]
Members
8,957 posts
10,828 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

I used to believe that Alaska would have to be T10, but no longer - the problem is ricochet and medium caliber guns that don't overmatch much of anything in tier. It would be outclassed at T10.

That’s a little surprising considering the shells should be larger than any CA in tier X.

[SALVO]
Members
20,463 posts
20,305 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Just had a thought I wanted to put forth for consideration, what if Alaska was moved up to tier X so that it could be used in Clan Battles and Ranked? It’s main gun Caliber is big enough to do it, and historically speaking it was relatively close second to Iowa class BB...

No, it shouldn't be put at tier 10 just so it could be used in tier 10 clan battles.  It should be a tier 9, along with the Kronstadt, and hopefully the Japanese B-65 "super cruiser".

B-65 Super Cruiser

[HINON]
Supertester
20,697 posts
14,131 battles
20 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That’s a little surprising considering the shells should be larger than any CA in tier X.

The problem is the overmatch mechanics combined with low RPM output. 12" overmatches 21mm, which means that anything that's not a DD or Minotaur will laugh as they bounce Alaska's AP all day long as long as they can maintain the proper angle.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,478 posts
12,810 battles

No it should not.  Stalingrad sets the T10 standard and it was designed as an Alaska killer.

Sign in to follow this