You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Buying Jean Bart

15 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
2,859 posts

I dont care if WG sells any tier ship but 80$ is WAY out of my range. The challenge is coal. 

T9 ships always came out as free xp so everyone has been saving up there free XP for Jean Bart or Alaska. Now there coal? And Jean Bart is more expencive than the other t9 BB?

I dont know if any belives the "its only a test". The problem with the coal is its alot harder to get. Not everyone can play every night or get all three containers and SC are Extreamly rare.

As a consaquence only a select few will be able to get Jean Bart or Alaska if they do this moving forward.

WG, again I don't care if you sell it but please go back to free xp!!!!

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,480 posts
12,810 battles

If the ship didn't look pretty OP, nobody would care...they just wouldnt buy it.  Since she looks very strong, everyone's going to want one and that means $

Members
1,918 posts
8,261 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

If the ship didn't look pretty OP, nobody would care...they just wouldnt buy it.  Since she looks very strong, everyone's going to want one and that means $

The ship is "OP" in ONE situation. At all times other than that she's a mildly buffed tier 8... for $80.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,480 posts
12,810 battles

that ONE situation is going to come up very often.

[DPG]
[DPG]
Members
333 posts
10,908 battles

i was hoping one of the 2 - alaska or JB was going to be coal. 

coal is a lot easier to farm than most think. 

Daily missions are a mere 400 / day

3 Daily containers, select more resources - i average over 1800 / day from these. 

royal navy - these have been 3-5000 extra per week. 

the recent ranked sprint are not that difficult once you find your ship. 45 battles last season, 26 this season and in a miserly t-22 DD ... 5000 each season(and t5 was a hoot! ) 

The current test clan battles require playing only 10 battles in T6 ships !  - 5 games have to be on another server time zone like EU - 2 days remain 4 hour sessions - easy to get the games in Saturday and Sunday - that is 15000 coal, 500 steel - can be converted to coal - so 20k coal ... If you are not, join a clan - another 5-10% bonus coal from the port upgrades. 

You can farm 100k+ coal each month if you watch the offerings and put in the time.

I bought musashi 5-6 weeks ago - over 165k coal again - 850k freexp waiting for alaska, or maybe i will go krohnstadt - previously picked up nelson(serious rocks once you figure out the play style) and missouri via freexp ... 

I really appreciate that WG offers reasonable ways for captains to pick up some of these very special ships without laying out a dime of real money. 

They certainly do not have to at all. 

Even the T10 for steel only Stalingrad .. .yep it sucks i don't own one yet, but i formed a clan this past june to start getting into more competitive play for just this reason. created a website and opened up our discord server... now we have 30 excellent captains many i already consider friends. It all makes the game better. 

Effort in = rewards out :)

Keep up the great work WG . 

Good hunting, 

Karandar

[INTEL]
Members
10,055 posts
28,229 battles

WG needs to make an announcement on the Alaska so we all know how to plan our purchases. 

Hopefully at the upcoming event in Anaheim. 

• Cool 1

[DPG]
[DPG]
Members
333 posts
10,908 battles

I think we all wish for advance notice of how to buy new ships - We unfortunately find out when the ships are released ... why i have been stockpiling coal and freexp  - and then there is bourgogne the t10 french BB - basically the old Alsace slightly buffed - I REALLY want that ship ! 

no idea if it will be another coal ship like the only other t10 "premium" the Salem basically an alternate to Republique .. ?  Hopefully something like that vs steel - because it takes 2 years to earn enough steel going hard core competitive to buy something like Stalingrad 

I really think we will see alaska in the next 2-3 weeks - the last changes to her were very minor, so i think she is combat ready . 

Members
2,443 posts
9,116 battles

I am afraid Jean Bart was used to empty coal reserves, so that people are tempted to spend real currency on Alaska when they release it in the same fashion.  Perhaps they will even sell some containers containing coal in premium shop.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,032 posts
9,474 battles

They better not make Alaska a money ship. My own irritation aside I think the forums that have asked for it forever would explode. Someone converts 750k xp with money - I'm fine with that because they actually play the game, they should have some level of clue how things work. But offering a tier 9 pay option - after this Wargaming needs to go back to the "we don't sell tier 9 and 10 ships" policy. You wanna sell a side bundle with the flag, some stuff, maybe even a captain - go for it. But make them earn a ship that high tier, coal or FXP, I don't care which. I hate to sound like this, but I'm sorry, I don't need Money Bags Jr in his early Christmas gift with a whole 10 battles under his belt on my team at tier 8-10 with his tier 9 ship. 

[KENT]
Members
571 posts
4,436 battles

personally, I think the Jean Bart is way too overpriced for what it delivers since its basically an uptier Richilue with better AA that still won't save you from angry Tier 9 and 10 CV's and has to rely on MRB to be somewhat competitive, but hey I'm not going to stop you from trying to get one via coal its your choice  

[ICBM]
Members
558 posts
11,490 battles
42 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

They better not make Alaska a money ship. My own irritation aside I think the forums that have asked for it forever would explode. Someone converts 750k xp with money - I'm fine with that because they actually play the game, they should have some level of clue how things work. But offering a tier 9 pay option - after this Wargaming needs to go back to the "we don't sell tier 9 and 10 ships" policy. You wanna sell a side bundle with the flag, some stuff, maybe even a captain - go for it. But make them earn a ship that high tier, coal or FXP, I don't care which. I hate to sound like this, but I'm sorry, I don't need Money Bags Jr in his early Christmas gift with a whole 10 battles under his belt on my team at tier 8-10 with his tier 9 ship. 

On the contrary, I wish that Money-Bags Jr and more from this group buy whatever their hearts desire at any time 24/7...

Beta Testers
1,714 posts
3,833 battles

My problem with this is simply the experiment and not telling the CC’s at all about it. What’s the point of them testing ships if it’s going to be a secret until release? Even a simple one week out would be nice . Sell a tier 9 for cash and make them all available for cash if this is the direction that Wargaming is going. Why not do tier 10’s for cash next ? Well guess I am an old guy with tons of common sense. Guess the old saying the customer is always right turned into the company is always right. Have fun new Jean Bart Owners and remember that you gave in to greed and started this trend of buying tier 9 premium ships.

[ICBM]
Members
558 posts
11,490 battles
3 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

My problem with this is simply the experiment and not telling the CC’s at all about it. What’s the point of them testing ships if it’s going to be a secret until release? Even a simple one week out would be nice . Sell a tier 9 for cash and make them all available for cash if this is the direction that Wargaming is going. Why not do tier 10’s for cash next ? Well guess I am an old guy with tons of common sense. Guess the old saying the customer is always right turned into the company is always right. Have fun new Jean Bart Owners and remember that you gave in to greed and started this trend of buying tier 9 premium ships.

I'm a proud owner of a fully paid Jean Bart...p.s. (I live on the slippery slide of the slope of life).....

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,204 battles

Ships for Cash is fine if it's the norm. WG has stated many time that tier 9 and 10 will not be cash tiers. They once again altered the deal. 

[ICBM]
Members
558 posts
11,490 battles
5 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

Ships for Cash is fine if it's the norm. WG has stated many time that tier 9 and 10 will not be cash tiers. They once again altered the deal. 

The business model needs to evolve in the same manner as the game...

Yesterday's truth no longer applies to the present in many instances...

• Cool 1