You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Armkreuz

Jean Bart

70 comments in this topic

[SQUAD]
Members
8,140 posts
8,404 battles
Just now, Armkreuz said:

$148.00?    Ahhhh Ha Ha Ha....Ahhhhh....That's a hoot.

It's actually $79 USD, the $148 is for the bundle. Either way, it's too much. Still no-one's forcing you to buy either package.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[AAA]
Members
641 posts
7,395 battles

Got a bad feeling this is how Alaska will be released 

players spent too much time stocking up fxp. I wish I knew how they will release the new ships so I can spend my fxp elsewhere 

Edited by wstugamd

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,723 posts
3,654 battles
9 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

It's actually $79 USD, the $148 is for the bundle. Either way, it's too much. Still no-one's forcing you to buy either package.

I want Jean Bart, but I agree, it is too much. I'm honestly debating if I'm willing to spend that much based on how I watch the ship perform by others (plus Mouse's review). Sofar I've only seen three (2 enemy 1 friendly) and both times it was the enemy it was focused down and killed, or the guy sailed into an island and was then focus fired and killed. I get focused plenty enough in Yamato and if that's what happens to Jean Bart I may well pass on her.

2 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

I honestly don't expect them to (directly) monetize Alaska.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,856 posts
21,359 battles

And then there are players that have 290k coal and a 25% coupon...

• Cool 1

[RMRGD]
[RMRGD]
Members
376 posts
18,822 battles
Just now, Erebthoron said:

And then there are players that have 290k coal and a 25% coupon...

I am one of those players and picked her up.  Shes a fun BB.    WG needs to make money if they can sell her great.  i think $79 is a bit high but the lower tier premiums are very reasonable so I think its their way to control the population.   I am very happy they offered coal for her.  As I have had so much coal and nothing to do with it. 

10 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

players spent too much time stocking up fxp. I wish I knew how they will release the new ships so I can spend my fxp elsewhere 

I am worried they will offer her for steel.   People will freak out hard core so I hope WG is really listening to the US population on this one.   I am ok with steel ships.   But ones that hold strong historical values, its a knife to the heart for people who want her but can't earn steel through clan battles. 

[ARGSY]
5,856 posts
21,359 battles
4 minutes ago, deresistance said:

I am worried they will offer her for steel.   People will freak out hard core so I hope WG is really listening to the US population on this one.   I am ok with steel ships.   But ones that hold strong historical values, its a knife to the heart for people who want her but can't earn steel through clan battles. 

From WG's answer to the JB: the chance is good that the Alaska will join for freeXP and/or coal and not in the store.

My guess for the T10 French BB: she will be the next steel/CW reward ship like the Stalingrad.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
899 posts
7,008 battles
6 minutes ago, deresistance said:

I am one of those players and picked her up.  Shes a fun BB.    WG needs to make money if they can sell her great.  i think $79 is a bit high but the lower tier premiums are very reasonable so I think its their way to control the population.   I am very happy they offered coal for her.  As I have had so much coal and nothing to do with it. 

Yeah...JB is a gimmick ship. A trinket. There's no way I'd buy it, so ohhh well.

On the other hand if Alaska isn't a fxp ship people on NA are gonna lose their shi* lol

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
4,478 posts
11,039 battles
13 minutes ago, deresistance said:

Alaska holds very little historical value. It holds a lot of the technical value but did very little of note. 

• Cool 1

[RMRGD]
[RMRGD]
Members
376 posts
18,822 battles
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Alaska holds very little historical value. It holds a lot of the technical value but did very little of note. 

Agreed but she is a ship that the community has wanted even back in closed beta.   

[HINON]
Supertester
20,719 posts
14,141 battles
42 minutes ago, Armkreuz said:

... You understand the concept of bundles, right? And that you can buy her without spending a single dime, using coal, right?

[HINON]
Supertester
20,719 posts
14,141 battles
10 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

but did very little of note. 

Neither did Arizona. Or Tirpitz. Or Mutsu.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
516 posts
22,217 battles

I bought it. Tossed a 19 point Captain in it. Fun ship. There are worse things that I could blow my money on. But I just can't let the wife and kids know. Otherwise, my son will never let me hear the end of it when I shoot him down for wanting more fortnight skins...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[OO7]
Members
4,478 posts
11,039 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

Neither did Arizona. Or Tirpitz. Or Mutsu.

Sinking is noteworthy, I guess? 

Arizona is noteworthy as it was used as an effective propaganda tool for the war effort. 

The very existence of tirpitz was a constant threat and made the British expend quite a bit of effort to counter and destroy. 

Mutsu was one of the big 7 and blew up in port, I know very little beyond that. 

Alaska did none of that, so it is less noteworthy than other ships that did nothing of note. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,719 posts
14,141 battles

Mutsu was one of the big 7 and blew up in port, I know very little beyond that.

Sabotage by a disgruntled crewman, is the current prevailing theory.

Alaska did none of that, so it is less noteworthy than other ships that did nothing of note. 

Alaska is noteworthy for its design, it's the closest thing to a battlecruiser the US has ever built, other than the Iowa class.

My point is, 'doing something' is not a big reason for inclusion in this game, and 'has not done anything' is not reason to exclude a ship. I mean, if 'having done something of note' was the sole reason to include or exclude a ship, we would've had an Admiralen or de Ruyter before we had Mutsu.

• Cool 2

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
627 posts
1,619 battles

Looks like JB is only in the shop for a couple of weeks, so those buying it outright have a limited amount of time, apparently.

Members
329 posts
5,478 battles

$108 AUD... you could buy an whole AAA game for that here. With plenty of change. Sorry WG but that's just getting too greedy in my opinion. I'm already spending a small fortune on this game but this is a step too far for me. 

[SOV]
Members
2,859 posts
1 hour ago, Armkreuz said:

Do you remember the 1000 dollar bundle for every ship in the game? 

They have so shame!

[SOV]
Members
2,859 posts
50 minutes ago, Lert said:

Sabotage by a disgruntled crewman, is the current prevailing theory.

Alaska is noteworthy for its design, it's the closest thing to a battlecruiser the US has ever built, other than the Iowa class.

My point is, 'doing something' is not a big reason for inclusion in this game, and 'has not done anything' is not reason to exclude a ship. I mean, if 'having done something of note' was the sole reason to include or exclude a ship, we would've had an Admiralen or de Ruyter before we had Mutsu.

I have not heard of that ship?

[HINON]
Supertester
20,719 posts
14,141 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Admiralen (or specifically, Witte de With) and de Ruyter. All ships that fought in surface action against a superior enemy and met tragic fates at the hand of the enemy. More than can be said for many other premiums in this game.

[HINON]
Members
10,783 posts
48 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Do you remember the 1000 dollar bundle for every ship in the game? 

They have so shame!

There has never been a $1000 bundle in this game.

[ARGSY]
5,856 posts
21,359 battles
56 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Rising Sun, Falling Skies: The disastrous Java Sea Campaign of World War II 

Good read if you want to know more about the ships @Lert mentioned