Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea

my computer craps out right as I enter a match, and NOW...

34 comments in this topic

Members
731 posts
4,162 battles

I am pink for "inactivity or leaving a battle early."

I was far from inactive.  I was working my butt off to try and get into the match.  But I had to do a damn cold restart of my computer and by the time I got back in the match was over.

I am SO pissed right now.

~Beorn (the very angry)

EDITED TO ADD AS EXPLANATION***-

It's not that.  It's just.  I don't like being perceived as a poor sport.  I put my team at a 1 Battleship disadvantage.  I was a top tier ship (Bismarck) in a tier 8 match, and me being afk probably cost those other folks that match.  And through no fault of my own (but my equipment's failure IS my failure, so I reckon I will just own it)...  I am pink and I work VERY hard to not bump other players or shoot other players and I sure as hell try to be VERY careful with my torpedoes.

Just...  Not how I wanted those folks to see me OR my clan tag is all...

~B

Edited by Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea
  • Boring 1

Members
731 posts
4,162 battles

It's not that.  It's just.  I don't like being perceived as a poor sport.  I put my team at a 1 Battleship disadvantage.  I was a top tier ship (Bismarck) in a tier 8 match, and me being afk probably cost those other folks that match.  And through no fault of my own (but my equipment's failure IS my failure, so I reckon I will just own it)...  I am pink and I work VERY hard to not bump other players or shoot other players and I sure as hell try to be VERY careful with my torpedoes.

Just...  Not how I wanted those folks to see me OR my clan tag is all...

~B

[SBS]
Members
3,981 posts
2,408 battles

A) "those are the breaks", B) "sucks to be you", C) "its not a perfect system".  Pick the one you like the best.  Seriously, its not a big deal.  Everyone ends up pink at some point.  Let roll off your back. 

[WOLFG]
Members
4,742 posts
2,655 battles

WG doesn't know why you left.

I suppose they could, but that might be a little more.......invasive than some would be comfortable with.

I play co-op, see a lot of pinks.

I give them the benefit of the doubt (till they shoot torps at me 30s in to the game).

• Cool 1

Members
731 posts
4,162 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

WG doesn't know why you left.

I suppose they could, but that might be a little more.......invasive than some would be comfortable with.

I play co-op, see a lot of pinks.

I give them the benefit of the doubt (till they shoot torps at me 30s in to the game).

I will say that when I am in my Shimakaze with the sea mines (20km range good, 62km speed meh, can be spotted from space, bad) I shoot my first salvos either as a spread of where I think the enemy will be headed, or if someone is not using the WASD hack and merrily sails in a straight line for me.  Otherwise, in THAT ship, it would be impossible for me to fire them off 30 seconds into a match.

If I could?  whoo BOY what a reload booster THAT would be.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,417 posts
14,831 battles
23 minutes ago, Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea said:

I am pink for "inactivity or leaving a battle early."

I was far from inactive.  I was working my butt off to try and get into the match.  But I had to do a damn cold restart of my computer and by the time I got back in the match was over.

I am SO pissed right now.

~Beorn (the very angry)

EDITED TO ADD AS EXPLANATION***-

Been there. It happens.

Honestly, it is so easy to go pink now that it has lost it's shame and stigma. I used to see a pink and immediately be wary of them and wonder what bad thing they did to earn it. Now I see it and it barely registers.

I think WG's newer and tougher policy towards TK/AFK has actually worked the opposite of what was intended. Instead of reducing those things by increased punishment (ie; easier to get tagged pink I mean) it happens so much/easy now, over so many minor/no fault things, that no one even cares now.

Orange is the new pink. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLFG]
Members
4,742 posts
2,655 battles
4 minutes ago, Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea said:

I will say that when I am in my Shimakaze with the sea mines (20km range good, 62km speed meh, can be spotted from space, bad) I shoot my first salvos either as a spread of where I think the enemy will be headed, or if someone is not using the WASD hack and merrily sails in a straight line for me.  Otherwise, in THAT ship, it would be impossible for me to fire them off 30 seconds into a match.

If I could?  whoo BOY what a reload booster THAT would be.

I play low tier, where many pink players go.   30s is a long reload.

When it happens, they are doing it on purpose.

Most players there made a miscalculation, or had a connection issue.  (One guy said his kid had unplugged his router).

Even there, true greifers are rare.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,606 battles

Not sure which is more unstable... the OP's computer or...the OP. Get those sorted out and you won't have pink issues.

Or be like this guy and not worry about your tutu.

tutu.jpg.539c21fb82d3d53e50a0369159c4d3ee.jpg

• Boring 1

Members
22,759 posts
5,794 battles

Weird, I had a DC in the middle of a Ranked Jr. battle, didn't make it back before the end.

I didn't get my star, (of course it was the one I needed to rank out lol) but no pinkening either.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,417 posts
14,831 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Weird, I had a DC in the middle of a Ranked Jr. battle, didn't make it back before the end.

I didn't get my star, (of course it was the one I needed to rank out lol) but no pinkening either.

I went out one game due to a power surge that crashed my system. I actually managed to get back in right before it ended. A message popped up right after I got back in saying my disciplinary action was lifted. So I guess I had gone pink but getting back in lifted it?

Members
731 posts
4,162 battles
7 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Not sure which is more unstable... the OP's computer or...the OP. Get those sorted out and you won't have pink issues.

Or be like this guy and not worry about your tutu.

I am 6'6" and over 300lbs.  I don't wear a tutu.  I wear a two-two-by-four-four!

:cap_win:

• Funny 1

[XG]
Members
256 posts
1 hour ago, Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea said:

It's not that.  It's just.  I don't like being perceived as a poor sport

It's no biggie, shipmate. Ship happens.

If your worried about your rep or clan cred, do your 3 games in Tier 1 Co-op. Nobody there cares.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,606 battles
52 minutes ago, Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea said:

I am 6'6" and over 300lbs.  I don't wear a tutu.  I wear a two-two-by-four-four!

:cap_win:

At least you're tall.

A former coworker of mine at Cabelas was about 5 foot and looked like 3 bills heavy. Always referred to her as 5x5, 5 foot tall, 5 foot wide lol

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,566 posts
9,746 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I actually hit battle, got distracted, came back a half hour later to discover, hey, I shoulda been playing. 

But, not pink.  So, there must be some kind of threshold unless they weight it by tier/ship type.

[HINON]
Members
10,772 posts

You could just tell others you are supporting breast cancer awareness and move on. Or you can freak out.

WfPwRam.gif

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles

Being pink ages ago actually meant something when people on your team saw you, now no one gives a crap, as it happens so often now there is nothing special about it at all.  

[WOLF9]
Members
8,934 posts
4,184 battles
6 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

WTH !???  I BURNED that picture.  AND the negative !!

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,606 battles
22 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

WTH !???  I BURNED that picture.  AND the negative !!

Mr Universe sent it to me right before he got shanked with a sword.

Can't stop the signal ya know.

Sign in to follow this