You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

So what's the likelyhood of Russian campaign arc, next iteration of CV test/RN carriers, <Insert your holy grail item> being announced at Anaheim?

53 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
6,260 posts
10,474 battles

I'd expect an Italian tech tree before the next Russian one, but who really knows.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,435 posts
5,491 battles

Russian legendary admiral campaign? Sure, I'll happily take an admiral Nikolay Kuznetsov.

[SALVO]
Members
20,531 posts
20,382 battles
5 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Russian legendary admiral campaign? Sure, I'll happily take an admiral Nikolay Kuznetsov.

Legendary Russian Admiral?  :Smile_veryhappy: :Smile_veryhappy: :Smile_veryhappy:

Frankly, the next "legendary admiral" campaign ought to be a British one.  And if you really want to go for a wild card for a Royal Navy legendary admiral, then let's go whole hog and select a truly legendary admiral, Lord Horatio Nelson himself!

HoratioNelson1.jpg

• Funny 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,860 posts
8,916 battles
23 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

I'm guessing soviet arc?

vAhemYw.gif

ps

Anaheim stinks Rangers forever. 

HESu.gif

my guess is Italian cruisers has the best chance of being next, then either RN CVs or Russian BBs

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,434 posts
68 battles

Admiral Vian was the most like a wows admiral.  :cap_book:

2nd Sirte
"Hai guys imma go check the other side of the map for that ship that hasn't been spotted yet!"

Operation Vigorous
*Causes whole team to argue while enemy team quietly caps everything*

[NGA]
Members
1,749 posts
9,330 battles
24 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

I'm guessing soviet arc?

I'm more inclined to trust the rumors that the next line will be Italian CLs/CAs.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,434 posts
68 battles
2 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I'm more inclined to trust the rumors that the next line will be Italian CLs/CAs.

I would love to be proven wrong. However there seems to be a lot stacked against the best possible time line.

• Russian battleships where in dev back in 2016. 
  • Rifles have been datamined.
  • No heavy cruiser premium has appeared in the pipeline for Italy.
  • Lesta is from the Rodina and it has been some time since the home team has gotten a full line.
  • A quick balance cycle would allow for Russian arc to be released in time for Russian Christmas. :cap_happy:
  • Supposedly the Russians had a bad experience with the Italian archives.

So for now I shall believe I live in the darkest timeline.
HarmfulSmallFossa-small.gif

Prove me wrong WG! :cap_cool:
630174.gif

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,434 posts
68 battles

I'd just be happy to have them announce the wows version of the name generator:

L5AmtvT.jpg

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,437 posts
6,616 battles

Because the last two lines released were USN CLs and RN DDs, logically the next release is most likely going to be a battleship line.   Based on what little information we have, I'd wager the next BB line released will be the Soviets.  There is no indication Italian BBs are in development, I'd be surprised to see them before the cruiser line is released, and rumor has it Italian cruisers have been pushed back.

The biggest wildcard is the possibility of RN CVs coming with the rework.  I don't know how the timeline math works out, but I'm a little skeptical they'll be ready in time to be the next line released.

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[WAIFU]
13,435 posts
5,491 battles
46 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Legendary Russian Admiral?  :Smile_veryhappy: :Smile_veryhappy: :Smile_veryhappy:

Comrade Cruciski, there is saying that beggars can't be choosers. :Smile_teethhappy:

I expect every significant tech tree in WoWs to eventually get a historical, named, campaign captain. And this Russian game is inevitably going to pick somebody eventually for the Soviets. Probably with 10 special skills because reasons.

At least the USSR actually has some names to pick from the hat. I can't imagine who the hell a Pan Asia historical captain could be. It might be a good idea not giving them one at all, considering what a political clusterfuck that would be.

• Funny 1

[-KAK-]
Members
290 posts
7,094 battles

Didn't they say last year that an Italian line was in the pipe for Q4 2018? I can't find the source, but I'm pretty sure someone said it.

(Now granted, I am taking them at their word on that, and assuming their plans haven't changed. We've all seen how times change planning, especially recently w/ Subs and JB)

Edited by TheOmegaDuck
I don't know what year it is anymore...

[-DZ-]
Members
578 posts
26,854 battles

I'm just hoping for the Soviet BBs and a legendary commander,  known as the inventer of the battleship, the only true man- John "Jackie" Fisher (which I'm sure he will be released with the release of dreadnought ) 

Edited by Submarine_M1

[NAUTY]
Members
568 posts
3 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Didn't they say last year that an Italian line was in the pipe for Q4 2018? I can't find the source, but I'm pretty sure someone said it.

(Now granted, I am taking them at their word on that, and assuming their plans haven't changed. We've all seen how times change planning, especially recently w/ Subs and JB)

Indeed the italian Ca/cl's are overdo....don't know what the holdup is..haven't heard anything DEVwise side either. Also Id love to see some Russki Bias BB's..however..not enough designs for a full BB Sovietski line?

5,892 posts
4,501 battles
13 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Comrade Cruciski, there is saying that beggars can't be choosers. :Smile_teethhappy:

I expect every significant tech tree in WoWs to eventually get a historical, named, campaign captain. And this Russian game is inevitably going to pick somebody eventually for the Soviets. Probably with 10 special skills because reasons.

At least the USSR actually has some names to pick from the hat. I can't imagine who the hell a Pan Asia historical captain could be. It might be a good idea not giving them one at all, considering what a political clusterfuck that would be.

That or they could go old school and do the old fashioned Peter the Great - father of the Russian Navy.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,763 posts
2,672 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Frankly, the next "legendary admiral" campaign ought to be a British one.  And if you really want to go for a wild card for a Royal Navy legendary admiral, then let's go whole hog and select a truly legendary admiral, Lord Horatio Nelson himself!

HoratioNelson1.jpg

Excellent choice, but he liked to work close, something the British ships of the line in this game aren't very good at.

[-K-]
Members
6,260 posts
10,474 battles
15 minutes ago, drakoolia said:

Indeed the italian Ca/cl's are overdo....don't know what the holdup is..haven't heard anything DEVwise side either. 

Indeed, but unfortunately, the pretense set by Duca D'Aosta and Abruzzi haven't exactly set the world on fire with their performance.  Let's hope the tech tree line has a little more sizzle.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,437 posts
6,616 battles
22 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

They did say that a while ago, however, in a more recent Q and A someone asked them about it and they were a lot less committal about it.  I forgot their exact words, but they made it sound like the Italian cruiser line had been pushed back.  

*There are also rumors in circulation that the Devs visited the Italian archives and could not get access to what they were looking for...but they're only rumor so take it with a hefty grain of salt. 

[-KAK-]
Members
290 posts
7,094 battles
2 minutes ago, yashma said:

They did say that a while ago, however, in a more recent Q and A someone asked them about it and they were a lot less committal about it.  I forgot their exact words, but they made it sound like the Italian cruiser line had been pushed back.  

*There are also rumors in circulation that the Devs visited the Italian archives and could not get access to what they were looking for...but they're only rumor so take it with a hefty grain of salt. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it back - They made the comment a year ago, and plans do change. Especially if they couldn't get documents that they needed (Something similar happened to the RN BBs I believe) The only real news about Italy that I can remember over the past year was that there'd be an Italian port added eventually - And that comment was made back when the French BBs came out.

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles

Go for a Canadian DD line ala the PA DD line.

T1 CL River class Frigate

T2 DD Patrician (The RCN used the Thornycraft M class which was roughly similar to the Medea class and chased some bank thieves who were trying to escape to the US)

T3 DD Niagara or St Clair (both Wickes class DDs) Niagara helped capture a U-Boat and St. Clair was part of the action (attacked by air) of the Hunt for Bismarck

T4 DD St Croix (Clemson class DD) sank U-Boat U-90

T5 DD  Acasta class variant

T6 DD G/H/I class variant

T7 DD Tribal variant

T7 premium DD Haida

T8 DD Tribal variant (Cossack variant)

T9 DD U/V class variant or Battle class variant

T10 DD Daring class variant

Other possible premium ships

T7 CL Uganda (Fiji class, but balanced to have RADAR as she was a RADAR picket as HMCS Uganda)

T5 CV Nabob (Bogue class, was in operations to sink the Tirpitz in Norway)

T10 CL Ontario (Minotaur class variant)

Edited by Kizarvexis
USS Thatcher was HMCS Niagara

[-KAK-]
Members
290 posts
7,094 battles
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Go for a Canadian DD line ala the PA DD line.

T1 CL River class Frigate

T2 DD Patrician (The RCN used the Thornycraft M class which was roughly similar to the Medea class and chased some bank thieves who were trying to escape to the US)

T3 DD Thatcher or St Clair (both Wickes class DDs) Thatcher helped capture a U-Boat and St. Clair was part of the action (attacked by air) of the Hunt for Bismarck

T4 DD St Croix (Clemson class DD) sank U-Boat U-90

T5 DD  Acasta class variant

T6 DD G/H/I class variant

T7 DD Tribal variant

T7 premium DD Haida

T8 DD Tribal variant (Cossack variant)

T9 DD U/V class variant or Battle class variant

T10 DD Daring class variant

Other possible premium ships

T7 CL Uganda (Fiji class, but balanced to have RADAR as she was a RADAR picket as HMCS Uganda)

T5 CV Nabob (Bogue class, was in operations to sink the Tirpitz in Norway)

T10 CL Ontario (Minotaur class variant)

One minor point - @T3, the DD's name was USS Thatcher - It was renamed HMCS Niagara when Canada took possession in '40. Also - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!. I had family who served on Niagara in the war. I would LOVE to officially see it in game.

Unfortunately, it's probably too soon after the RN DDs... Maybe late 2019, mid 2020.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,434 posts
68 battles

@Kizarvexis

I think a LatAm destroyer line would get higher priority than Commonwealth with the RN line just released. Even then it would still have a huge British influence.

Of course maybe WG throws a curveball and toss out a team Habsburg based PanEU line. :cap_fainting:

Habsburg_Hereditary_Lands_(1789).svg

So many WAG that will be wrong on my part. :cap_win:

latest?cb=20160823071909310?cb=20180709012755latest?cb=20150516065944

Edited by Sparviero

Beta Testers
669 posts
8,212 battles

Hmm Austro-Hun Fleet, fun but don't think so.

Probably they will push out all the ships that have been sitting in play testing all at once (real money, FXP or coal).  Although LWM guessed the Burge would be steel.  The forums will burn for days.

Carrier rework = re release of the GZ?

New surprise Stalininium cruiser/BB

tenor.gif.67e884f787191822ea70dc6634913b22.gif