Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SRB_Red_Bandit

50 doubloons and no more Sovereigns????

23 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
Members
9 posts
3,480 battles

hi so i logged in and got the free 50 doubloons, what is the best thing i can i do with this?  IVe been playing for a year or so and this is my first doubloons in the game (WOT gives you gold a whole lot more often)

Also I have 180 sovereigns and it looks like the game has stopped rewarding them and now rewards different prizes for completing the Royal Navy tasks. should I just spend my sovereigns on either the Bert Dunkirk captain or the union jack camos?? 

i only have 13 guineas, i doubt i will get up to 50, can this be used to purchase anything else??

thanks

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,555 battles

Get the captain you can use him for the British line. There isn’t much you can do with 50 doubloons so I would just hold on to them. 

Edited by Lonewolfpj

[WOLF9]
Members
8,957 posts
4,184 battles

The best use for 50 Db is to dismount two hugely expensive upgrade modules to move to a new ship rather then selling and re-buying them.

No, there will be no more Sovereigns - unless WG announces something new.  I'm sitting on mine just in case.

21 minutes ago, SRB_Red_Bandit said:

i only have 13 guineas, i doubt i will get up to 50, can this be used to purchase anything else??

Not as far as I know.  You can purchase more in the Shop if you want Cossack.

[VW]
Members
2,509 posts
14,518 battles
25 minutes ago, SRB_Red_Bandit said:

hi so i logged in and got the free 50 doubloons, what is the best thing i can i do with this?  IVe been playing for a year or so and this is my first doubloons in the game (WOT gives you gold a whole lot more often)

Also I have 180 sovereigns and it looks like the game has stopped rewarding them and now rewards different prizes for completing the Royal Navy tasks. should I just spend my sovereigns on either the Bert Dunkirk captain or the union jack camos?? 

thanks

Welcome! My advice is first and foremost to turn off dubloon payment for premium dc part, speed boost, repair party etc. This is a classic way for wg to steal 25 dubs from you.

i would wait for a pirate hunting event which happen 1-2 times a year or so, if you kill one you get 250 dubloons. If youre short on port slots wait for a sale and buy one. If not go long and wait to earn more (they can come in the mythical supercontainer) the only real use for them is to buy permanent camo for tier 10 ships, which cost 5000 dubs each. Unless you plan to pay for more you can also wait for a free xp conversion sale and do that.

Edited by monpetitloup

[LOU1]
Members
3,601 posts
9,582 battles

There is also a special one for you offer in the Premium shop.  10 Guineas for.99.  Even if you don't get up to 50 Guineas in time, you will get credit compensation that will make it worth the .99.

Special Commanders are valuable, so I would say get Cmdr Dunkirk.  You can always get flags for free or purchase - not so much with Commanders.  Notice they cost 35k coal in the Arsenal.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,957 posts
4,184 battles

BTW, a good way to get free Doubloons is to win Operations with five stars.  For instance, I got 300 Db last night for 5-starring Terror of the Deep (hard).  (You can do this only once per Op, but it adds up.)

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,527 posts
11,840 battles

wait, so we wont be getting anymore British containers?:Smile_amazed: bummer.......I was hoping after the Halloween stuff wrapped up we'd go back to normal containers.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,461 posts
68 battles
4 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

wait, so we wont be getting anymore British containers?:Smile_amazed: bummer.......I was hoping after the Halloween stuff wrapped up we'd go back to normal containers.

7.11 has a destroyer RN collection so they will still be around I would believe?

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
1 hour ago, SRB_Red_Bandit said:

thanks

There really should be a guinea - sovereign conversion 

Kind of like Steel - coal

[SOFOP]
Members
885 posts
7,290 battles

Pretty sure you get some doubloons as you go through the service levels..right?  Can't remember now, but I'm pretty sure I did.  I wasted them of course...not knowing how valuable they would be.

[AK-49]
Members
9 posts
3,480 battles

hey guys thanks for the replies, im gonna hold on to it, will try to get some more by trying to 5 star an operation and then buy some slots ( got 1 in a more credits container 2 days ago), ill hold on to my sovereigns until a week before they expire (i missed out on using my sharks vs eagles earnings to get free commander and ship, didnt realize they expire)

[N-W-T]
Members
1,427 posts
6,050 battles
1 hour ago, Sparviero said:

7.11 has a destroyer RN collection so they will still be around I would believe?

Campaign and collection continers completely different. You can currently see the new collection containers on the PTS.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,461 posts
68 battles
Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

Campaign and collection continers completely different. You can currently see the new collection containers on the PTS.

WG has set the bar so low just tell me they are better than halloween. :cap_fainting:

[N-W-T]
Members
1,427 posts
6,050 battles
6 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

WG has set the bar so low just tell me they are better than halloween. :cap_fainting:

Sadly, no. How does one dragon flag or Royal Navy camo, and and one collection item sound?  The premium collection crates give 20 dragon flags or Royal Navy camo + two collection items. 

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,461 posts
68 battles
8 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Sadly, no. How does one dragon flag or Royal Navy camo, and and one collection item sound?  The premium collection crates give 20 dragon flags or Royal Navy camo + two collection items. 

It will be a good week to grind it seems. :cap_win:

[WOLF7]
Members
224 posts
4,331 battles
5 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

There is also a special one for you offer in the Premium shop.  10 Guineas for.99.  Even if you don't get up to 50 Guineas in time, you will get credit compensation that will make it worth the .99.

Special Commanders are valuable, so I would say get Cmdr Dunkirk.  You can always get flags for free or purchase - not so much with Commanders.  Notice they cost 35k coal in the Arsenal.

Does anyone know what is the compensation exchange rate for these guineas??

[WOLF9]
Members
119 posts
4,622 battles
6 hours ago, SRB_Red_Bandit said:

You may want to review this thread:

Abbye

[WOLF9]
Members
8,957 posts
4,184 battles
4 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Pretty sure you get some doubloons as you go through the service levels..right?  Can't remember now, but I'm pretty sure I did.  I wasted them of course...not knowing how valuable they would be.

No, actually.  You get 1 day Premium at Level 12; all the rest is Credits and consumables.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles
5 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Dont think any were in service levels, but there are some small doubloon rewards in the first campaign , science of victory.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,957 posts
4,184 battles
1 hour ago, burningbridges13 said:

If I use sovereigns for a ship I already have do I get credit or gold value?

The offer will tell you.

So what ships can be got for Sovereigns?

[FML]
Members
2,535 posts
12,103 battles
10 hours ago, SRB_Red_Bandit said:

thanks

Sometimes, there are super specials on a port slot that might be worth keeping 50 gold for.

But you can earn more gold through ranked seasons and some scenarios that might give enough for some quality of life upgrades (I have found buying port slots when they are in special to be an effective use of gold). 

[LOU1]
Members
3,601 posts
9,582 battles
4 hours ago, burningbridges13 said:

If I use sovereigns for a ship I already have do I get credit or gold value?

Almost everything you need to know is in Kizarvexis' thread. posted above  Many players, myself included, got the Warspite and Gallant with Sovereigns while already owning the ship and we received the full Doubloon value.  As iDuckman said, the info is on the purchase page in the Arsenal.  Warspite: 6500 and Gallant: 4500.

Sign in to follow this