You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Took the whisky away from my secondary gunners

14 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,611 posts
14,844 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Mass with Manual Secondaries, but not IFHE??

Mass with manual AND IFHE.  

• Funny 1

[FML]
Members
2,529 posts
12,044 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Mass with manual AND IFHE.  

Interesting - only 70 or so damage per hit on average.  Surprised its that low with IFHE. 

Great hit rate though!

[DANKY]
Members
726 posts
2,066 battles
2 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Interesting - only 70 or so damage per hit on average.  Surprised its that low with IFHE. 

Great hit rate though!

Look at the ships he was fighting. 4/5 big BBs, one DD (briefly), no cruisers. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,611 posts
14,844 battles
2 hours ago, Eugenie_101 said:

Look at the ships he was fighting. 4/5 big BBs, one DD (briefly), no cruisers. 

Yeah...the high hit rate was because the targets were big...and they were close!!!!  They also had good armor.  It was also somewhat serendipity that put me in the right spot for the fight.  Those BBs had been dueling their counterparts on my side for some time...a bow on attrition contest.  By the time I got there, I had plenty of health, so I drove through our line...took a point position...and began the fun.  I had the luxury of dueling with two bigger BBs knowing I had my friendly heavy hitters right behind me. 

As our friendlies were all at about half health, the red big guys continued to pound for the kill instead of engaging me...so I was able to keep driving forward to a much closer position than I would have dared without the heavy backup.  

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,906 posts
4,170 battles
5 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Great hit rate though!

its not that you should be looking at. 

Its the 56k in fire damages he did from that really makes it potent. 

But I see he fired a lot of HE so its hard to tell if it was secondaries or mb that was starting fires. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,743 posts

Interesting.

I find that if I INCREASE my French gunner's wine, cognac, and Flemmish beer rations,  they'll shoot at anything that moves, and my secondary hit rate goes way up!

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,611 posts
14,844 battles
43 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Interesting.

I find that if I INCREASE my French gunner's wine, cognac, and Flemmish beer rations,  they'll shoot at anything that moves, and my secondary hit rate goes way up!

Funny you mention that....toward the end of battle one of the friendlies drove forward and kissed the Montana, within spitting distance of myself and the red Iowa.  That put the Iowa and myself on either side of the burning hulks.  We were very close and my secondary gunners were going hog wild at nigh point blank distance.  Unfortunately, all the hits were smacking the burning hulks and not the Iowa, as the deflection at that distance was basically zero.  Game ended before either of us could get around the mess. 

In fact, before the ram, my secondary gunners were hitting the friendly BB on the ram run with the Montana.   Good thing secondary friendly fire wasn't active.  I switched to the Montana, but it was a moot switch once the ram occurred. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone

Beta Testers
386 posts
9,502 battles

A bit of cherry picking here...

Rest assured they will find where you hide the whiskey and drink it to the bottom of the bottle!