You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Gascogne reload booster

8 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,431 posts
7,785 battles

Can Gascogne get the reload booster? Pretty pretty pleeeeeease? Her gun power isn't forward facing like Jean Bart, so it won't make her OP.

She's one of my fav BB's in the game for some reason, I think she'd be one of the most fun ships in the game period if she got the 20s reload booster. The 380mm caliber guns, while potent even at range (if you actually hit something)... They just seem to fall short compared to other tier 8 BB's besides Roma. yes, you can bow tank in it, but only 4 guns in the front prevents you from really putting the hurt on broadside cruisers. if you can use both guns safely, yeah... 8 shells are sometimes enough to make those cruisers run away with 50% health left. One shell usually hits the mark. Not effective enough though. So I figured she'd be the exact kind of ship that could use the reload booster to normalize her gun performance. Every once in a while you do get those beautiful salvos because of the sigma and low shell volume, but it's not often enough to take risks for big rewards.

EJ

[SPTR]
Members
26,569 posts
12,510 battles

Im not sure if she needs it at tier 8, then again she's the only french premium ship I don't have, how is she 1st? 

[FTH]
Members
996 posts
13,888 battles

She's got a 2 second faster reload than Richi does, so I'm not sure if it's really necessary...I'd rather see them just drop it from 28 seconds to a flat 25 seconds to be even with Bismarck/Tirpitz...then again that's my rough guess at what would help it.

[BS]
Members
1,431 posts
7,785 battles
11 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Im not sure if she needs it at tier 8, then again she's the only french premium ship I don't have, how is she 1st? 

Good player bias. That rank would plummet if the average joe started playing her.

[BS]
Members
1,431 posts
7,785 battles

I suppose you could say that Gascogne would be OP if it had "normal" gun utility, but IDK. Does good manuverability really make up for it? She does have a faster heal cooldown, but thats because she melts to HE faster then US/Jap BBs.

[BS]
Members
1,431 posts
7,785 battles

I just did a compare between Gascogne and Richlieu on Stats & Numbers. Not sure why, but it doesn't let you select the B hull for the tech tree ship. Anyway, I doubt the stats are for the A-hull only.  Gascogne has 6k less average damage then the Rich and a 2% lower winrate...  Remember, Gascogne is being played by better players (whales tend to be better players, reality/deal with it. income and intelligence are highly correlated), Rich is being played by a wider range of skilled/unskilled players.

image.thumb.png.0ee0da48bbb1097ec25883b9b0ee20ae.png

Edited by HorrorRoach

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,265 posts
5,821 battles

What are you willing to trade for a reload booster? Cause you're not gonna get the booster added without any trade offs.

Knowing WG the sort of balancing they would do to add a reload booster for Gasconge would make her very anemic to play just so we can use 20s of half reload time.

Members
2,865 posts
5,904 battles

They should have her get RELOAD booster but ONLY when the ship is totally stopped as the trade off..Sound fair?   :-)   :cap_yes: