You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kuckoo

This Is a Result That Gets You Reported

64 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
4,923 posts
11,847 battles
Spoiler

mERuJ0K.jpg

hRT9MEo.jpg

nAMTC9v.jpg

The first and only match I played today.  Never said a word in chat, made two, maybe three target pings, no map pings, and no one addressed me during the match.

Afterwards I take a look at my profile and noticed, somehow unsurprisingly, that my Karma just went down a point.

Now, many have often said (including myself) that you should just ignore Karma because of its perceptible worthlessness.  And they are right.  You should.  But you know what?  I'm only human, and in this instance it got to me.  Not that I lost a point, but that after this performance, someone was actually upset enough with me to go through the motions to register a report - for whatever reason - and not even have the courage of conviction of expressing why.

Perform well and be civil, and some people will still curse you.  Especially if it can be done anonymously.  The better you perform, the more they spite you.

And not just in a game, either.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles

Ive carried games got reported, and ended up 5th from the bottom of the team and got complemented. Karma is useless and really does mean nothing. 

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Well, it could've been a result of something you did. You could've done something objectionable to a teammate.

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,925 posts
8,282 battles

carry harder. :Smile_hiding:

Spoiler

but yeh, I understand your frustration.

[LOU1]
Members
3,614 posts
9,583 battles

You may not have spotted a ship someone wanted to shoot.  You may have gone to a cap to early/late.  You may have gone to the "wrong" cap at the "wrong" time.  You might have blocked someones shot.  the reporter may just not like DDs (there are players that have stated they automatically reported certain ship classes.)

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, ExploratorOne said:

You may not have spotted a ship someone wanted to shoot.  You may have gone to a cap to early/late.  You may have gone to the "wrong" cap at the "wrong" time.  You might have blocked someones shot.  the reporter may just not like DDs (there are players that have stated they automatically reported certain ship classes.)

Precisely. There's a lot that could've happened.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles

i get reported because people are jealous of me.

• Funny 3

[CK5]
Members
1,022 posts
9,050 battles

My money is on someone from the winning team reported you simply because you were too good.  I happen to agree with you about Karma and think it is the most irrational mechanic in the game.  Nevertheless, good match, I wish I could play that well.  

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, PrairiePlayer said:

My money is on someone from the winning team reported you simply because you were too good.  I happen to agree with you about Karma and think it is the most irrational mechanic in the game.  Nevertheless, good match, I wish I could play that well.  

I wouldn't say it's "irrational." I enjoy receiving positive karma and I receive it more than I do negative karma so it's a net increase in enjoyment. Assuming the joy of receiving positive karma is equal in size to the displeasure of receiving negative karma, at least.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
807 posts
7,042 battles

Don't fret, you know you did well. People report for anything. 

Could be you are the last one standing playing well and others are just angry at there own game play. 

I find you get reported being in a clan win or lose. No clan and you get more compliments i found in the past

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,657 posts
11,722 battles

Karma is... silly. You played great.

Also keep in mind that the red team can report you too, do something too good (citadel low-tier cruisers with DD AP or shoot from smoke for instance) and 'unsporting conduct, waaah' may be the red response, especially at low tiers.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,500 posts

If karma actually served a purpose, there would be less of this. WG could put in a rewards system for certain karma thresholds, which would incentivize better behavior. They put in rewards for not Tking people, so why not for karma? Yes, I am sure salty little bungholes would still report people, but if you make a system that tracks compliments given and received as positive values, and reports given and received as negative values, that should cut down on gratuitous reports, and reward players who demonstrate good game play and good manners.

[HATE]
Members
890 posts
31,207 battles

I personally always trying to notice and compliment good play of opponent if i see one (it's much harder to see positive impact on your team since attention naturally focusing on reds), therefore reports going mostly to green "friends". Reason for reports are not bad game play but bad sportsmanship (shiptalking and such) and selfish behavior. Example of selfish behavior - CA burning BB from range whole game and never trying to support DD crying for help in the cap. 

p.s. my rule of the thumb is - by the end of the day compliments should run out before reports - it's difficult on weekends, sometimes impossible

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,684 posts
12,344 battles

i take the report and wear it like a badge of honour, even more so if I have performed well, top of the list, winning side or not, knowing that someone has had to report you, means you have upset them in some form, and knowing you have upset a complete stranger somewhere in the world, is in a way a compliment in itself, for playing a game.

Since I have played my harugamo I am back to 0 karma points, all I know is there are a bunch of BB players out there that just hate me, and reporting me is there way of expressing their hatred.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,371 posts
5,502 battles

Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, Karma seems to work pretty well in co-op.  I guess those "ultra-serious", whining haters don't play co-op.

I always try to be polite and friendly (like I usually am in real life).  If I have a really good game and someone else comes top of the leaderboard, I compliment them.  Good on you.  Conversely, I do not report poor play.  I do report deliberate team damage or excessive chat spam.  I compliment good team play in OPS.

I also compliment folks who are active in chat trying to be good teammates.  I run out of compliments to give just about every day.

I think that WG should change the system so that folks can give 15 compliments and 4 reports per day (or something like that).

BTW, great game OP.  :cap_rambo:

CS

• Cool 3

[WOLFB]
Members
2,631 posts
10,657 battles

The karma system is flawed, yet some people want WG to sell things only obtainable using karma as currency.

The day WOWs salt will be reduced by 80%, maybe we can consider giving a damn about karma.

[SIM]
Members
3,611 posts
5,746 battles

I lost a point of karma tonight because I snooped out two dullard smoke camping DDs with the gimpy radar in my Salem. Karma is effing useless and needs to be removed.

[LWA]
Members
688 posts
10,483 battles

Here is my theory:  You targeted an enemy and kept lighting them on fire, and pissed them off.  You might have even sunk them with your HE spam.  If a certain someone keeps picking me out of a crowd, I will give them bad karma.

It was probably the Guilio Ceasar

Edited by db4100