You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Simzee

The new co-op brawling king..

17 comments in this topic

[GOFU]
Members
912 posts
9,482 battles

Jean Bart

Chop planes down easy.

Heaps of secondary damage

Quick loading MB

Even in co-op makes plenty of coin.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,777 posts
18,185 battles

Alsace in Secondary Spec can do the same function in the same tier.  IMO, Alsace's secondaries have better angles to fire than JB's.  Heck, to even get the 152mm secondaries to fire for JB, you have to show a lot of sides, while an angled Alsace can also get all 3 152mm turrets to fire without showing too much.  Her AA in Secondary Spec is still great for Co-op purposes.

Still, it would be amusing to see what JB can do with AA Spec.  The numbers look ridiculous.  More importantly, JB's AA is not reliant on exposed gun mounts, they're in enclosed turrets.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,295 posts
5,854 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Alsace in Secondary Spec can do the same function in the same tier.  IMO, Alsace's secondaries have better angles to fire than JB's.  Heck, to even get the 152mm secondaries to fire for JB, you have to show a lot of sides, while an angled Alsace can also get all 3 152mm turrets to fire without showing too much.  Her AA in Secondary Spec is still great for Co-op purposes.

Still, it would be amusing to see what JB can do with AA Spec.  The numbers look ridiculous.  More importantly, JB's AA is not reliant on exposed gun mounts, they're in enclosed turrets.

Not to mention a possible aura range of 6.5km on those 400+ dps AA mounts plus the 200+ dps long 7.2km range mounts coupled with manual AA skill and you're looking at close to 900 dps of AA that the planes have to weather through

This doesn't even include the AA mod for the 6th equipment slot.

Members
2,927 posts
1,365 battles

So if Jean Bart gets 1951 AA, can the US get their 1942-44 refits now?  Or if were gunna keep progressing the game years, give. Iowa her 1990 refit...

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1 minute ago, KnightFandragon said:

So if Jean Bart gets 1951 AA, can the US get their 1942-44 refits now?  Or if were gunna keep progressing the game years, give. Iowa her 1990 refit...

Sure.  16 Harpoons, and some Tomahawk ASMs.  Should get rid of those pesky destroyers...

Edited by mavfin87

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,083 battles
5 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

haha tomahawk missiles would be awesome!! buwhaahah ^_^ 

and them 20mm Phalanxs CIWS ....100+ AA rating no planes coming near that bad boy! 

Edited by Shinnidan

Members
2,927 posts
1,365 battles
17 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

haha tomahawk missiles would be awesome!! buwhaahah ^_^ 

and them 20mm Phalanxs CIWS ....100+ AA rating no planes coming near that bad boy! 

Yeah, AA is the USN national flavor after all.

• Funny 1

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

They could give the Iowas their nuclear main battery shells!!!!!! :Smile_trollface:

That is an upgrade I could get behind! Only need one per battle! lol

• Funny 2

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
208 posts
5,347 battles
32 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

They could give the Iowas their nuclear main battery shells!!!!!! :Smile_trollface:

Each battle would last about 45 seconds. 30 to load, 15 for the shells to land in the enemy spawn point.

• Funny 1

Members
2,927 posts
1,365 battles
3 minutes ago, Haifischkoeder said:

Each battle would last about 45 seconds. 30 to load, 15 for the shells to land in the enemy spawn point.

But it wouldnt end, the cruisers would all citadel erase, the BBs would get 3* fires and a cit hit and the DDs would all take 10% over pens.  CVs, well those dont exist anyway.

[BNKR]
Members
1,211 posts
1,130 battles
1 hour ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

They did get 8" sabot rounds at some point. Might be a more realistic consumable for thin-skinned targets. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles
7 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

They did get 8" sabot rounds at some point.

Weren't those laser-guided? 40km range with Russian railgun arcs, oh boy.

9 hours ago, Shinnidan said:

and them 20mm Phalanxs CIWS ....

"Why are my ammo charges higher than my Tier 9 service fee?"

8 hours ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

They could give the Iowas their nuclear main battery shells!!!!!!

Everything within 2km is instantly dev-struck.

Everything within 5km takes a fire in all four/three sectors and a flood from hull concussion.

Everything within 10km has all its modules trashed and requiring DCP.

No more radars for the rest of the game (although valve radars might be immune to EMP; IDK. The antennae wouldn't last, though).

All ships suffer irreversible and irreparable 1% per minute health loss as the crew sickens from fallout exposure.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Funny 1

[-NA-]
Members
7 posts

I see all these negative comments about JB but people seem to not see this is likely designed with the new carrier revamp in mind... so they need to consider that when looking at it.  and I am referring to youtube stuff and other forum posts not strictly this thread. I think it is an interesting addition to be sure.

Edited by casmund
typo

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,368 posts
5,474 battles

JB's aa is pretty impressive.  I watched her deny 7 squadrons last night in a co-op match.  If it flies, it dies.

I can't see her secondaries (based on location) being better than my Bismarck.  11.2km and deadly.

I just want Sanshikidan for my Musashi.  See here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Shiki_(anti-aircraft_shell)