You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
embeddeddear97

Would this make you uninstall?

46 comments in this topic

Members
303 posts
3,813 battles

I’ve gone 3 days now with all of my ships trying to train up commanders and enjoy the game and not won a single battle other than a t9 main match (I was in the hood so I didn’t get much done) I’ve gone with terrible dispersion, overpens that should’ve been citadels and terrible team mates. I’m playing where I should be and boom a DD who was uncontested the entire match in the middle pops up and sinks me, if they don’t sink me and they get sunk (unbelievably) a flank of BBs that shouldn’t be that far up 5 minutes into the game are on my was protected broadside. Wherever I end up I seem to be unprotected and unsupported even though those ships were there just before. I took out arizona trying to improve my WTR and at the end of the first day it had already dropped 20 points. I’ve been forced to get the 50% XP add from coops and even after that I’m having better games in coop with more xp earned. I’m fed up with it and not sure how many times I’ve considered uninstalling. Haven’t won or survived a battle (save 1) in 3 soon to be 4 days. Yes I’ve tried divs and still nothing helps. Any advice to try to convince me not to uninstall or make me want to smash my PC?

yes I highly dislike the “take a few days/weeks off”

• Funny 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,967 posts
11,303 battles

No, but you do need to take a breath. Coop  may be a good alternative.

I always recommend that you evaluate yourself after every battle. Think on your performance what could you have done differently or better then move on. Never be concerned about the performance of your teammates. Focus on yourself in each battle one at a time and do not be worried about stats. Also was it fun? If not why not. If your answer is that it was not fun because I lost …. well get some perspective. This game is fun win or loose.

Games are for fun if you are seeking to fulfill some need for achievement I suggest you start a new business or a new set of goals for personal health or growth. 

• Cool 3

[OO7]
Members
4,456 posts
11,011 battles

The fact that you think you are where you should be but are complaining about being unsupported a d getting flanked and having issues surviving battles is contradictory. 

You wouldn't have those issues that often if you truly were where you should be. I'll be honest your survival rate is 25%, which isn't awful, but tells me that you don't have exit strategies for what you are doing and are getting caught because of it. 

• Cool 1

Members
251 posts
17,171 battles

image.thumb.png.c8547dcacb9165ae435aaf46473c0e88.png

You see the decline of rating as soon as you go above T8?

You actually do less damage in T9 and T10 than you do in T7 and T8

This indicates that you simply are not good enough to compete with high tier players

To be blunt, you, who sit at 851 PR, isnt ready for high tier gameplay and should practice more at tiers 6-8 before moving on.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

I am just going to throw this out there. You have made the common mistake of trying to get to tier ten as quickly as possible without being properly prepared for higher tier game play. You should drop to tier 4 and not move up in tier until you can consistently win at a 55% win rate, move up and do the same thing. Your hit rate with main battery guns is around 20% you need to be landing at about 30% to be competitive in Battleships. If you are dying in most of your battles than you are being too aggressive. Try to temper your aggression and make it to the end of the battle. 

[VFW]
Members
1,176 posts
23,212 battles

Not wanting to be long...here's a quick insight. 

Many have correctly pointed out some areas you should look at...I see mainly that your Avg XP is very low which possibly highlights that your objective play is poor.   With poor objective play you are fully dependent on the team to carry you....

vr, 

[HYDRO]
Members
2,988 posts
4,596 battles

To add to what most people are already saying, maybe a step back at lower tiers can help. Find a low tier premium you enjoy and play that, or maybe even start a new line to grind from tier I.

The game has a high learning curve, by running through the tiers like that you keep on missing the lessons that each previous tier tried to teach you.

Also, there are loads of Youtubers and Community Contributors with various guide and tutorial videos. There are loads of forum topics as well with similar content.

This here is just an example:

Most importantly, don't think any of us is attacking you right now. The responses may be blunt, but they are honest and better than trying to comfort you.

Edited by warheart1992

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,839 posts
21,312 battles

Learn the new scenario and play there for easy credits, elite XP and RN missions done.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
5,403 posts

First, maybe play 3 or 4 battles of tier 5-7 in Co-op, just to break the feeling of loss after loss after loss.

Second, resist the urge to rush to tier 10.  You have the ships, they're not going anywhere.  Go back and play mid-tier for a while longer. 

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
339 posts
4,473 battles

git gud ! just kidding drop down to a tier you had best success at an break your streak i do that when ever in a funk

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

I think you don't fully understand how to play the ships, or may be some basic mechanics as well.

If you could pick 1 ship to get better at what would it be?

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,017 battles

play more coop...its what i have done.  i get my exp, games are faster, less complaints and stupid chat comments from stupid egotistical players, i do what i want without getting ragged by teammates(as long as we win), and you win at least 9/10x most of the times.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,733 posts
10,984 battles
38 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

First, maybe play 3 or 4 battles of tier 5-7 in Co-op, just to break the feeling of loss after loss after loss.

Second, resist the urge to rush to tier 10.  You have the ships, they're not going anywhere.  Go back and play mid-tier for a while longer. 

I will echo Killjoy and say you should play some co-op to get the losses out of your head. I will also echo the others that said you should drop down to the lower tiers and work on your skills.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I've had 10+ battle losing streaks before. I think pretty much everyone experiences that. What varies is the frequency. It is a bit sad though, certainly.

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,469 posts
21,285 battles

Yep   time to  uninstall  and  move  on

[DENY]
Members
675 posts
7,181 battles

GIt Gud that all you  can do , don't be a potato and carry for the win 

• Boring 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,606 battles

Nobody's mentioned this yet but it might also be a target priority issue/poor choice of what to shoot at or when.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
5,074 battles

I say if you're not getting the fun where you're playing, think back to a ship you really thought was fun that you played on the way to getting where you are.  A ship that you felt powerful and confident when you played it.

Play that ship.  Maybe start off in co-op, and if you dive into randoms try to div up.

[SANK]
Members
298 posts
6,004 battles

Well if you are a BB you should hang in back and play the static game. If you are a CA/CL you should find an island to hump. If you are a DD you should wait until the radar cruisers are taken care of before you commit to anything.

Besides getting crap rolls for teams at T9, you also have to start playing the meta for t9 and t10, which is VERY static.

Me personally, I am where you are, and have not played many randoms for months and am one good game from leaving this one behind. This is a team game in which team play is not encouraged. It is also a game of steam roll victories and losses in which you have very little power in preventing a good many of the losses. It is not just you.

I have been doing what some have said and sticking to scenarios, but even then I don't play nearly as much as I used too. The crap teams and over priced items in the shop, have caused me to close my wallet as well.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,699 posts
18,076 battles

Losing streaks happen even to good players that stretch to even days.  After all, we have complaints by people who can't get a win over the course of a weekend all the time :Smile_trollface:  We've all been there and it will happen again.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,456 posts
15,368 battles
2 hours ago, embeddeddear97 said:

I’ve gone 3 days now with all of my ships trying to train up commanders and enjoy the game and not won a single battle other than a t9 main match (I was in the hood so I didn’t get much done) I’ve gone with terrible dispersion, overpens that should’ve been citadels and terrible team mates. I’m playing where I should be and boom a DD who was uncontested the entire match in the middle pops up and sinks me, if they don’t sink me and they get sunk (unbelievably) a flank of BBs that shouldn’t be that far up 5 minutes into the game are on my was protected broadside. Wherever I end up I seem to be unprotected and unsupported even though those ships were there just before. I took out arizona trying to improve my WTR and at the end of the first day it had already dropped 20 points. I’ve been forced to get the 50% XP add from coops and even after that I’m having better games in coop with more xp earned. I’m fed up with it and not sure how many times I’ve considered uninstalling. Haven’t won or survived a battle (save 1) in 3 soon to be 4 days. Yes I’ve tried divs and still nothing helps. Any advice to try to convince me not to uninstall or make me want to smash my PC?

yes I highly dislike the “take a few days/weeks off”

When you die, you will receive total consciousness, sorry, Caddyshack slipping out....

Don't worry about it....no matter what people tell you, it just sorta comes to you sooner or later.  Keep plugging away, learn what ships can do what.

As someone else said, one big mistake I made was rushing into tier ten play way back when. I am marginally above 52% overall, but have 3000 games of sub 40% play when I started because I didn't pay any attention to the details of this game...It is a lot more than many realize. even at your game count the fact you are on this forum asking for help means you are 50% or 200% ahead of me, not sure, how that math works out, but either way, the fact your concerned is the best part.

Good luck!

Edited by APA_204