Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SkipperNils

You can complete this operation only in a division! Why?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[ATLAS]
Members
6 posts
2,854 battles

Why players are forced to be in division to able do operations?

Sometimes you are new player and do not have that much contact!

Sometimes you are sick of grinding tech tree!

Sometimes you are sick of style of random battle!

and so on go on

Nope, welcome to world of warships!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
190 posts
6,793 battles

One operation per week is free to join without a division. It changes each week. The division option is so groups of people do not have to wait until that operation week come around again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,365
[WOLF9]
Members
1,499 posts

Because a sign up/ wait list queue for the op you want is apparently much too complicated for WG. Alternatively, because Russian game philosophy and marketing strategy is make the customer suffer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,174
[TBW]
Members
7,533 posts
13,813 battles
32 minutes ago, SkipperNils said:

Why players are forced to be in division to able do operations?

Sometimes you are new player and do not have that much contact!

Sometimes you are sick of grinding tech tree!

Sometimes you are sick of style of random battle!

and so on go on

Nope, welcome to world of warships!

You can make a division of one after the battle starts, press tab and the division tab and create the division, no one has to be in the division with you.

If you want to play operations there is a discord for it. https://discord.gg/J5QDTk

 

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[ATLAS]
Members
6 posts
2,854 battles
13 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

One operation per week is free to join without a division. It changes each week. The division option is so groups of people do not have to wait until that operation week come around again.

Well you didn't answer my question! Why? Why not to be free to join anybody who like....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[ATLAS]
Members
6 posts
2,854 battles
10 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Because a sign up/ wait list queue for the op you want is apparently much too complicated for WG. Alternatively, because Russian game philosophy and marketing strategy is make the customer suffer.

I can think about marketing and those stuff, but programming is already done, we can see that in week's operation and this Halloween stuff. it sounds like old Russian philosophy... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[ATLAS]
Members
6 posts
2,854 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You can make a division of one after the battle starts, press tab and the division tab and create the division, no one has to be in the division with you.

Good morning buddy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,174
[TBW]
Members
7,533 posts
13,813 battles
2 minutes ago, SkipperNils said:

Good morning buddy!

Yeah, I first thought you were talking about missions where you have to be in a division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
436
[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,476 posts
10,575 battles

As previously said...SUFFER, its so Russian, and soooo good for the soul. (true)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,487
[SALVO]
Members
20,548 posts
20,397 battles
42 minutes ago, SkipperNils said:

Well you didn't answer my question! Why? Why not to be free to join anybody who like....

Yes, he did answer your question.  You asked why, and he told you exactly why.  Because that's the way it's set up.  Now, if you want to know why it's set up this way, that's a different question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[ATLAS]
Members
6 posts
2,854 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Yes, he did answer your question.  You asked why, and he told you exactly why.  Because that's the way it's set up.  Now, if you want to know why it's set up this way, that's a different question.

Well let's go, why it's setup this way? btw if we continue like this I am getting closer to the answer, well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,487
[SALVO]
Members
20,548 posts
20,397 battles
2 minutes ago, SkipperNils said:

Well let's go, why it's setup this way? btw if we continue like this I am getting closer to the answer, well done!

It's probably set up this way because it'd be a pain in the butt for them to allow multiple operations to be accessible at the same time with ships of different tiers.

The way it's currently set up, they only have to worry about a single tier of ships for solo players who enter the operations queue.  And people who want to play other ops that aren't the current op of the week, have to do so in a large division, which removes them from the operations queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[ATLAS]
Members
6 posts
2,854 battles
21 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's probably set up this way because it'd be a pain in the butt for them to allow multiple operations to be accessible at the same time with ships of different tiers.

Every match have session and system put right amount of player in that session, against each other (random battle) or against bot (co-op, operation and etc.) So I don't see any problem with that. at the same time lots of matches are active in random battle and other, and these session are not sticky or permanent, they end in 20 minutes battle time or even quicker!
 

21 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The way it's currently set up, they only have to worry about a single tier of ships for solo players who enter the operations queue.  And people who want to play other ops that aren't the current op of the week, have to do so in a large division, which removes them from the operations queue.

Well if we have freedom to chose and play op, there is no need to have week's op, sometimes we will have special op like Halloween, so in this situation people mostly will play that, but at the same time we have that option to chose other one! if it take longer, or even not happen we will not disappointed by that, because it is player base. All disappointment I have now is back to game design. when server has 2000 user online even random battle can take 2 ~ 3 minutes, I never blame game design and never get disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×