Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Primace

Put Bourgogne into the Premium Shop

30 comments in this topic

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
226 posts
5,024 battles

It would be nice to have new players directly access to a high skill requirement ship. They maybe bad at first, but in time, they will be able to learn a lot faster. 

New Ship for Steel
With the release of Update 0.7.11, a new ship—French Tier X battleship Bourgogne—will arrive in the Arsenal and will be available to purchase with Steel. The battleship comes with three quadruple turrets, good AA defenses and secondary battery guns. Her consumables include: standard Repair Party and Damage Control Party, Engine Boost, and Main Battery Reload Booster.

Please mind that you get Steel for participating in battles in any of the Leagues. The higher you climb, the more rewards you can get!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
226 posts
5,024 battles

the greatest concern for a high-tier premium is all about game life-spawn,

well, China server proved us wrong. A 100-dollar ship is serious commitment, and it will trap more player than alienation 

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
226 posts
5,024 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

according to WG,not many new players buy high tier prem ships.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/174166-psa-jean-bart-release/

I am fully immune to the current environment,  I rarely get any support from teammates anyways. tier X German BB sit back and sniper to defeat is not that rare

especially give the tier IX play style, you know where they come from

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
226 posts
5,024 battles
9 minutes ago, XpliCT_ said:

This has to be a troll thread, right?

Right?

I don't think "noob" players are inferior to the "skilled" players

as long as it is not gambling, I am fine with direct purchase:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
226 posts
5,024 battles
8 minutes ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Well WG is into trolling these days, guess we can all jump on the bandwagon. 

the problem is coal only, I spend too much coal on upgrade modules and captains 

[SIM]
Members
3,580 posts
5,714 battles

Yes it’s a troll thread, but I wouldn’t be too bothered if WG let players who already owned a tier X ship purchase a premium one from the premium shop.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
405 posts
6,780 battles

..or just make it a free xp ship.  Pretty please, because I've got lots to burn!! 

Members
71 posts
6,775 battles

Premium shop only would be silly, coal would be cruel to everyone who just bought Jean Bart, IMO it should be Free XP to start with making it into the arsenal for coal at a later date. Same with Alaska. 

• Cool 1

[JASH]
Members
3,706 posts
10,160 battles

For the sake of high-tier play, there is close to zero difference between Bourgogne and any regular tier IX tech tree (e.g. Alsace) or premium (e.g. Jean Bart). Being a tier X ships does not instantly give Bourgogne overwhelming meta influence or increased risks in newbie hands over any other high tier premium.

If you can follow the way through a bit of circular logic or a logical feedback loop, I think I've found the right template to rationalizing this! :Smile_trollface:

Edited by MrKillmister

[WOLF9]
Members
3,743 posts
5 hours ago, PowerSurged said:

Premium shop only would be silly, coal would be cruel to everyone who just bought Jean Bart, IMO it should be Free XP to start with making it into the arsenal for coal at a later date. Same with Alaska. 

Yes, please!!!  I have 2.9 million free xp, just waiting for Alaska and Bourgogne to come out!

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,900 posts
8,282 battles
6 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

according to WG,not many new players buy high tier prem ships.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/174166-psa-jean-bart-release/

Technically, Jean Bart is the only high tier premium ship, so technically, they are correct.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,620 posts
10,631 battles

How are you supposed to learn advanced tactics when you get blown up during the first 5 min ?

Seriously, your average player already have a hard time understanding basic knowledge of the game and doesn't want to improve. All they want to do is sail in straight line, shoot and don't get punished.

Start with low tier like everyone else, gets better, then jump in high tier. 

[BNKR]
Members
1,206 posts
1,127 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

Technically, Jean Bart is the only high tier premium ship, so technically, they are correct.

That's the best kind of correct. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,414 posts
14,800 battles
16 hours ago, khan1670 said:

..or just make it a free xp ship.  Pretty please, because I've got lots to burn!! 

10 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Yes, please!!!  I have 2.9 million free xp, just waiting for Alaska and Bourgogne to come out!

I would love for the new T10 French BB to be made available for FXP or even Coal (preferably both like Musashi). Of the 3 JB, Alaska, and the T10 BB it is the one I would most like. Unfortunately, I have a bad gut feeling, it will be relegated to just a few players as a reward ship or steel only ship. WG set, and continues on with, a very bad precedent of having ships (in a game all about ships - they should be available to every player) as rewards for small groups that the average player 100% has no access to or has no realistic shot at earning the currency needed for them. Reward ships and Steel ships are for the exclusive few not everyone. Sadly I fear the T10 French BB will fall into this category. Could be wrong but have seen enough people with a good feel for what WG does say they feel it will be steel or a reward ship. Absolutely sucks but it is what it is.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,794 posts
12,228 battles

WG I guess at one time or another said there would never be subs, we have SUBS!!! They also said I am told at one point there will be no T9s in the Premium Shop (my guess) is they figured people would not pay that much to buy a ship.  Well... We have a T9 in the Premium Shop.  Personally I think they did it as a test to see if it would sell, or would that be the tipping scale of people saying no I won't buy it.  This is more of test of what how much is too much and the Market Won't pay for it.

Members
565 posts
168 battles

No. First we need to see Stalingrad (Minus the special camo) available for FXP/Coal.

Then we can start talking about unreleased ships.

Competitively gated rewards should always be cosmetic. If you have a participation problem, including a unique "class" as a gated reward is always the incorrect choice. Game studios and devs have learned this, some times the hard way (The game is no longer playable), years ago.

In time, they will learn who keeps the lights on. The desperation (Jean bart) is already starting to show.

Sign in to follow this