You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SJ_Sailer

Question: Why are DD's half the price in Prem. Shop than BB & CA?

15 comments in this topic

[ADPT2]
[ADPT2]
Members
883 posts
2,029 battles

Just a question:  For the same level DD's seem to be 1/2 the price as CA or BB's.  Any reason why?  Should not all tier 4 or 7, etc. ships cost the same?

• Funny 1

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,156 battles

More people want to be the big bad battleship as well, typically. Emphasis on bad.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,707 posts
10 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Just a question:  For the same level DD's seem to be 1/2 the price as CA or BB's.  Any reason why?  Should not all tier 4 or 7, etc. ships cost the same?

:Smile_great:At  the momment I ain't gonna pay anything for a  BB  even the one I've been looking at for months and have the captain all leveled and everything yup I'm talking about Massachusetts :Smile_unsure::Smile_sad:   Until we find out how badly she's been :etc_swear:  by the New Damages nice going  WG  :Smile_facepalm:you just lost a sale till we  find out whether you've ruined Brawling in this ship:Smile_hiding:

[WOLFG]
Members
4,707 posts
2,648 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:At  the momment I ain't gonna pay anything for a  BB  even the one I've been looking at for months and have the captain all leveled and everything yup I'm talking about Massachusetts :Smile_unsure::Smile_sad:   Until we find out how badly she's been :etc_swear:  by the New Damages nice going  WG  :Smile_facepalm:you just lost a sale till we  find out whether you've ruined Brawling in this ship:Smile_hiding:

Torpedo bulge and module damage has been ixnayed.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,702 posts
14,131 battles

They're smaller ships, take up less pixels. There's a price-per-pixel economy happening here.

• Cool 1

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,207 posts
4,951 battles
54 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Because people will pay more for a bigger e-peen.

Underrated post. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,678 posts
3,895 battles

Probably because battleships are grossly overpopulated and increasing premium prices is WG's way of

A) Milking the cash cow

B) Trying to incentivize BB mains to remember that there are 3 other ship types and to try playing them

and/or C) Trying to curb a grossly bloated population in 1/4th of the game's content whose grossly bloated status is actively damaging the quality of the game.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2

Members
1,911 posts
8,261 battles
23 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Probably because battleships are grossly overpopulated and increasing premium prices is WG's way of

A) Milking the cash cow

B) Trying to incentivize BB mains to remember that there are 3 other ship types and to try playing them

and/or C) Trying to curb a grossly bloated population in 1/4th of the game's content whose grossly bloated status is actively damaging the quality of the game.

Said like a true member of the DD mafia. 

• Boring 2

[S-N-D]
Members
2,421 posts
6,621 battles
1 hour ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Because with the current state of the game no one would buy them otherwise.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,678 posts
3,895 battles
1 minute ago, Gen_Saris said:

Said like a true member of the DD mafia. 

You can say that until you're blue in the face, the fact that I play battleships proves you wrong.

• Cool 1