You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mofton

Dev Blog Changes - Japanese Cruisers

125 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,629 posts
11,692 battles

ST. Japanese ships.

Main Battery guns 203 mm of Japanese cruisers (Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Mogami, Ibuki, Atago, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao) receive an increase in the accuracy, similar to the accuracy of the cruiser Zao. The change highlights one of the main features of these ships - good volley damage at a relatively low rate of fire.

To improve combat effectiveness and bring them in line with classmates, Japanese cruisers receive the following improvements

Japanese cruisers Myoko, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, ARP Nachi:

Main Battery rotation speed has been increased from 4 to 5 g/s.

Japanese cruiser Ibuki:

Reload Time decreased from 15 to 13.7 s.

Japanese destroyers Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki, Kagero, Yugumo, Shimakaze, Shinonome, Asashio, Asashio B, HSF Harekaze:

Increased damage from HE shells from 1800 to 2150;
Increased Chance of Fire from 7 to 9%.

Increasing the damage of the shells will allow the Japanese destroyers to more effectively resist classmates. With higher damage volleys and good Detectability Range, Japanese destroyers will be stronger in confrontations with ships with depleted Hit Points, even if they possess a superior rate of fire of their MBs.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 8

Members
1,149 posts
8,008 battles
4 minutes ago, mofton said:

Japanese destroyers Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki, Kagero, Yugumo, Shimakaze, Shinonome, Asashio, Asashio B, HSF Harekaze:

Old fubuki is almost back. :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,905 posts
4,166 battles
1 minute ago, Madwolf05 said:

Lots of good changes here.

Agree, though it begs the question why was the IJN HE alpha nerfed in the first place. Basically a mistake if you account for them reverting those changes. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,643 posts
7,006 battles

Main Battery guns 203 mm of Japanese cruisers (Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Mogami, Ibuki, Atago, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao) receive an increase in the accuracy, similar to the accuracy of the cruiser Zao.

Nice. I think I'll be taking my Furry Taco out a bit more often if the difference is big enough.

[O_O]
Beta Testers
94 posts
8,486 battles
11 minutes ago, mofton said:

ST. Japanese ships.

Main Battery guns 203 mm of Japanese cruisers (Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Mogami, Ibuki, Atago, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao) receive an increase in the accuracy, similar to the accuracy of the cruiser Zao. The change highlights one of the main features of these ships - good volley damage at a relatively low rate of fire.

To improve combat effectiveness and bring them in line with classmates, Japanese cruisers receive the following improvements

Japanese cruisers Myoko, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, ARP Nachi:

Japanese cruiser Ibuki:

Increasing the damage of the shells will allow the Japanese destroyers to more effectively resist classmates. With higher damage volleys and good Detectability Range, Japanese destroyers will be stronger in confrontations with ships with depleted Hit Points, even if they possess a superior rate of fire of their MBs.

Pardon my ignorance but whats an Asashio B?

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles
4 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Agree, though it begs the question why was the IJN HE alpha nerfed in the first place. Basically a mistake if you account for them reverting those changes. 

I think it was the result of them trying to balance the game when there were less lines. They had to find away to make the USN Cruisers look like they weren't a laughing stock so they nerfed the IJN Cruisers.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,629 posts
11,692 battles
1 minute ago, Devildog23 said:

Pardon my ignorance but whats an Asashio B?

Apparently Asashio Black, (I didn't know either) an expensive black-camouflaged Asashio sold for black friday(?).

11 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

*And Destroyers

Oops!

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,905 posts
4,166 battles

Apparently Asashio Black, (I didn't know either) an expensive black-camouflaged Asashio sold for black friday(?).

Oops!

Just being a PITA mofton :P 

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles
16 minutes ago, mofton said:

ST. Japanese ships.

Japanese cruiser Ibuki:

This tempts me to just go seal clubbing in my furry taco again...Might just get my Aoba out as well

this might bring me back towards Japanese cruisers and give me a break from American CAs

I had a load of fun with pepsi, especially with it being a SHIFTY BOI while being a CA

New Orleans was definitely a transition away from pepsi...needs a lot of micro-management and corner poking to be good

but these changes might bring me back to the nippon steel...need a few BANZAI charges

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

The turret traverse change is a step in the right direction that needs to be followed through with on Pensacola as well.

A Cruiser should never be balanced around having glacial turrets.

• Cool 3

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

The turret traverse change is a step in the right direction that needs to be followed through with on Pensacola as well.

A Cruiser should never be balanced around having glacial turrets.

I didn't find the turret traverse to be too enraging

just need to be very SHIFTY and plan your moves accordingly

but yes that does need a change

Edited by Ace6steel

[SIM]
Members
3,568 posts
5,702 battles

A buff for Atago, perhaps my favorite ship? Awesome. My Harekaze and Asashio are also looking pretty chipper now.

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

A buff for Atago, perhaps my favorite ship? Awesome. My Harekaze and Asashio are also looking pretty chipper now.

Well Harekaze gets 3 gun options

A- 127mm standard IJN DD guns

B- 100mm DP guns (Akizuki & above)

C- 127mm/51 DP guns (Midway secondaries)

so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for Harekaze

Asashio I can understand

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace6steel said:

I didn't find the turret traverse to be too enraging

just need to be very SHIFTY and plan your moves accordingly

but yes that does need a change

Did you play her much before the change? She was a much better ship then, even if she was bottom of the Tier 7 barrel. Now she's much less fun and at the bottom of the Tier 6 barrel. 

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

Did you play her much before the change? She was a much better ship then, even if she was bottom of the Tier 7 barrel. Now she's much less fun and at the bottom of the Tier 6 barrel. 

I played her after the change

if played right she is a load of fun

you do not know how fun it is to troll all the ships dodging shells at mid to long range with the INSANE rudder shift

i usually got at least a citadel or two as well as getting around 60k damage for a while

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

You essentially play pepsi like the omaha

"you have gud guns but you are made of paper so stay the fck away from anything"

-Yuro

Members
565 posts
168 battles

So when is the Zao going to have it's torp buff reverted so that it doesn't have better torps compared to half of the destroyers

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles
Just now, Sbane12 said:

So when is the Zao going to have it's torp buff reverted so that it doesn't have better torps compared to half of the destroyers

That sir we do not know yet

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,640 posts
4,460 battles
15 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Wasn't Harekaze already chipper when 100mm IJN guns received buffs? I guess this change makes her even more chipper-er, lol.

However, I still think that this isn't gonna make her A-hull and C-hull any attractive again. After the 100mm buff, there's just no reason to use those two. Before, her B-hull needed IFHE, which made some room for the other two hulls to be worth considering... not anymore, lol.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[O_O]
Beta Testers
94 posts
8,486 battles
29 minutes ago, mofton said:

Oops!

Thanks!

Members
1,149 posts
8,008 battles
2 minutes ago, lipiru said:

No dd torpedo buff...still

The torps were buffed last year.

Members
565 posts
168 battles
1 minute ago, Rouxi said:

The torps were buffed last year.

DD torpedoes are still lowest performing weapon type by far since the game was playable.

• Boring 1