You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mofton

Dev Blog Changes - Wichita/Roon&Hindenburg/Cossack/Lazo/Vanguard

62 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,648 posts
11,719 battles

ST. Balance changes.

American cruiser Wichita:

Replaced Catapult Fighter for a Spotting Aircraft with the same settings as the one in the cruiser Cleveland. Added the ability to install special upgrades.
The change unifies Wichita consumables with that of similar ships.

American cruiser Buffalo:

Reduced Reload Time MB from 13 to 12 seconds.
The ship gets improved combat characteristics, which will increase the comfort of the game when playing the ship.

German cruisers Roon and Hindenburg:

Increased the number of Repair Party consumable charges from 2 (3) to 3 (4).
A greater number of charges of equipment will raise the average life time of ships in battle, however, these changes will be better harnessed when using ships as long-range cruisers and/or played safely.

In preparation for testing, the parameters of the Soviet cruiser Lazo were changed:

Increased Reload Time MB from 8 to 9 seconds;
Changed consumable Spotting Aircraft:
Duration reduced from 100 to 60 seconds;
Cooldown reduced from 360 s (240 s) to 15 s (10 s);
Number of charges increased from 3 (4) to 4 (5).

To improve the combat effectiveness of the British destroyer Cossack, the following parameters have been improved:

Torpedo tube Reload Time decreased from 96 to 66 s;
Increased Rotation Speed MB from 10 to 20 g/s.

Turning Circle Radius of battleship Vanguard was fixed and now performs the published 850 m.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?__xts__[0]=68.ARAQPzW4NwP6iFaizxYw7hJ2JotnBZFFX2dPyWUhnFGJ1Nio_ET2gIqGlxJvsWvFOm6JdqCJcPMB36B5aS8bl5i0gCRMEZuyDgI2Ung_QWSI0UITLrK9ZMQPCo_q71RFJlrPdg9l6RgnzEFGrIkZQ-IW8Jd_dSEaOPF0aTpvgD8lJlkCLbx5aZEro523yE-KliPdkMp-NJxsjrTRyIicHPYylHWpGzSgabFzJcnHuj5N2Xb390fH

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,429 posts
7,380 battles
4 minutes ago, mofton said:

German cruisers Roon and Hindenburg:

Increased the number of Repair Party consumable charges from 2 (3) to 3 (4).
A greater number of charges of equipment will raise the average life time of ships in battle, however, these changes will be better harnessed when using ships as long-range cruisers and/or played safely.

This makes me very happy~

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,648 posts
11,719 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

This makes me very happy~

I'm glad, though it makes me question why it was necessary to nerf their reload not so long ago...

[ARGSY]
Members
10,829 posts
7,053 battles
6 minutes ago, mofton said:

Torpedo tube Reload Time decreased from 96 to 66 s;

Oh my freaking god, can you imagine what is going to happen when I get my TRB-equipped Wakeful captain into her? :Smile_izmena: The grind just got MUCH more worthwhile.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,787 posts
2,718 battles
12 minutes ago, mofton said:

ST. Balance changes.

In preparation for testing, the parameters of the Soviet cruiser Lazo were changed:

Increased Reload Time MB from 8 to 9 seconds;
Changed consumable Spotting Aircraft:
Duration reduced from 100 to 60 seconds;
Cooldown reduced from 360 s (240 s) to 15 s (10 s);
Number of charges increased from 3 (4) to 4 (5).

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?__xts__[0]=68.ARAQPzW4NwP6iFaizxYw7hJ2JotnBZFFX2dPyWUhnFGJ1Nio_ET2gIqGlxJvsWvFOm6JdqCJcPMB36B5aS8bl5i0gCRMEZuyDgI2Ung_QWSI0UITLrK9ZMQPCo_q71RFJlrPdg9l6RgnzEFGrIkZQ-IW8Jd_dSEaOPF0aTpvgD8lJlkCLbx5aZEro523yE-KliPdkMp-NJxsjrTRyIicHPYylHWpGzSgabFzJcnHuj5N2Xb390fH

I know that is what it says in the dev blog, but a 15s cooldown?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,648 posts
11,719 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yep, 10s with premium.

You can keep a spotter aloft virtually continuously for about 6 minutes.

[SIM]
Members
3,605 posts
5,723 battles

I’m really happy to see that they’re making Cossack a more credible fighter with these changes. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,273 posts
10,789 battles
11 minutes ago, mofton said:

I'm glad, though it makes me question why it was necessary to nerf their reload not so long ago...

Too much ability to do lots of damage over a short period from long range. 

Waited for the results and decided that the ship needed to be more able to survive long term in a game. 

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,429 posts
7,380 battles
10 minutes ago, mofton said:

I believe, and that is just my own theory, that the initial reload nerf was justified.

However, since then several things happened around her. We got Republique, which is basically a Hindenburg-counter, we got buffs to numerous T10 ships like Moskva, Henri and Zao and on top of that the Legendary Modules were added, with Hindenburg getting a very mediocre one while others like Zao got very strong options.

I think that‘s what further lowered her effectiveness, and makes this change necessary. I am just happy that WG recognizes it, and does something.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,595 posts
2,105 battles

Hmmm, not gonna lie - Cossack is considerably more attractive now.

• Cool 1

[DRACS]
Members
4,439 posts

Hindy needed a buff? I haven't exactly seen many people complain she was too weak.

The buff to Cossack is very very nice if unexpected.

Members
1,999 posts
78 battles
9 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

IJN DD's got a nice buff as well. 

But WG hates IJN DDs every new balance changes is a nerf to them! /s

• Funny 1

[KSC]
Members
261 posts
4,038 battles
55 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh my freaking god, can you imagine what is going to happen when I get my TRB-equipped Wakeful captain into her? :Smile_izmena: The grind just got MUCH more worthwhile.

60s torpedo reload, before AR.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,910 posts
4,186 battles
20 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

But WG hates IJN DDs every new balance changes is a nerf to them! /s

seems like the reverted the gunnery changes they made.. So essentially we have come full circle lol. All what they changed has now been undone. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,829 posts
7,053 battles
54 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Even if it's ten times that, it's still a buff. Wow, what are they thinking/smoking? Should be interesting...

5 minutes ago, HP_Lovesauce said:

60s torpedo reload, before AR.

Given how slowly the British destroyers in general reload, this should compensate nicely for the Tribals only having one torpedo launcher. The gunnery buff is going to make her a beast, though. Turret-rotation hamsters just got an extra rum ration!

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

The Wichita change is pointless since you'll take Radar anyways. It's going to be a bottom of the barrel Tier 8 Cruiser in it's current state, and this change is laughable. They're basically trying to trick people into believing this is a buff so they'll buy her.

The Buffalo change is nice.

Roon/Hindy getting an extra repair party is super odd. So two of the tankier ships at 9 and 10 in the Cruiser lines need even more survivability? The Des Moines fairs far worse, and comes beneath the Hindenburg in every catagory. Same can be said of Buffallo and Roon.

[JASH]
Members
3,706 posts
10,191 battles

Hindelburg and Cossack... Oh la la... goodie

Edited by MrKillmister

[NUWES]
Members
2,189 posts
6,911 battles
14 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

The Wichita change is pointless since you'll take Radar anyways. It's going to be a bottom of the barrel Tier 8 Cruiser in it's current state, and this change is laughable. They're basically trying to trick people into believing this is a buff so they'll buy her.

The Buffalo change is nice.

Roon/Hindy getting an extra repair party is super odd. So two of the tankier ships at 9 and 10 in the Cruiser lines need even more survivability? The Des Moines fairs far worse, and comes beneath the Hindenburg in every catagory. Same can be said of Buffallo and Roon.

I was wondering this as well. Almost no one would run a spotter or fighter on Wichita. Also, what do they  mean by "Added the ability to install special upgrades"? I was looking forward to Wichita when it was announced but I don't see the point to her as she is right now. It is pretty much an inferior version of Baltimore. It has no playstyle difference and its only real advantages are that it is a bit more maneuverable and it is a bit stealthier. Baltimore wasn't shabby in either of those areas though and it adds SHS shells, and more health. The ship needs something to differentiate her from Baltimore and make it worth spending money on her. 

Buffalo is indeed nice. It did need that.

I also wonder about Roon and Hindenburg. They weren't having problems to my knowledge. They are open water cruisers, but they were two of the tankiest.  

[INTEL]
Members
1,513 posts
10,481 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I was anticipating this being just another forgotten ship in my port once I've earned it.  Now I'm going to give it a chance.

[BNKR]
Members
1,211 posts
1,132 battles

They had Wichita almost right at one point. They just needed to dump radar for heal. Those super heavy shells are a must, given the preponderance of tier X matches she will see.

• Cool 1

[DRACS]
Members
4,439 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Given how slowly the British destroyers in general reload, this should compensate nicely for the Tribals only having one torpedo launcher. The gunnery buff is going to make her a beast, though. Turret-rotation hamsters just got an extra rum ration!

Sadly, the other Tribal, Haida, is not getting a torp reload buff.