Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Counter_Gambit

The Strong 3

10 comments in this topic

[NWNG]
Members
2,818 posts
4,676 battles

I have 3 strong commanders. When I say "strong" I actually mean "high-skill-points."

Two of them are 19-point commanders, the third is on the final stretch to 19, at 18-points. 184,050 more experience before #3 is 19 points. Thanks to these submarines having 19 point commanders, the grind for #3 is moving along quite fine. He was at 17 points when submarine event started, only 15,000-20,000 (can't remember exact number, just know the general range) progressed through 17... Now almost 19. If He makes it to 19 points before December's patch drops, I'll have a third 19-point commander before this account turns 1 year old.

Anyway, have a look:

Commander_Block.thumb.jpg.ec69fdded9c0472945f9edf7ca279522.jpg

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,099 posts
19,963 battles

Took me a year to get my first. I am about to get my 8th after almost 3-years of grinding..nice indeed. The more you have the faster the others come along

[NWNG]
Members
2,818 posts
4,676 battles
2 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Took me a year to get my first. I am about to get my 8th after almost 3-years of grinding..nice indeed. The more you have the faster the others come along

nice.

Though I think what helped me get so many in less than a year, is my focus on a single nation and type of ship. Because if you notice, all three of them are on IJN Destroyers (Sunny Wind being a premium)

[PWH]
Members
135 posts
5,516 battles

The strange thing was, my first 19 pointer was on my Z-23, then somehow I got another on my Z-52. I think I took one of the captains from my tirpitz but I can't remember. That submarine missions though, I agree that it does wonders to increase your Captain points. I think I got enough now to possibly give my two 18 pointers their 19 point.

[HELLS]
Members
2,099 posts
19,963 battles
16 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

nice.

Though I think what helped me get so many in less than a year, is my focus on a single nation and type of ship. Because if you notice, all three of them are on IJN Destroyers (Sunny Wind being a premium)

That works. Mine are evenly divided between the RN and the USN, my most-played lines, now that I have number 8. Got one in three of my 4 USN T10s and one in Alabama. Got one in Minotaur. Edinburgh, Fiji and Leander. Grinding the special upgrades for Conqueror and Worcester will get me one in each of those as well as I am halfway there already in both ships. Once they have made the bonus game in their original ships I rotate them through my Premiums to grind faster. The Premiums are a great help.

If you do it in a single line with several of them, it goes a lot quicker for the next ship up. Given that I have so many, I expect to grind one for Daring before I have ground enough ship XP in Jutland to get Daring, which is still 300,000 ship XP away! I reject the temptation to use my free XP to speed things when I am grinding a ship line and am saving it for a reasonable free XP Premium (if they ever come out-they just put Jean Bart in the Premium Shop-only WG knows what they intend to do with Alaska and Vanguard). Elite XP gets used for promoting captains if, as and when...

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,052 posts
5,820 battles

the japanese commanders expression when looking at a 2d underage girl sailing expensive warships.

• Funny 1

[SUCIT]
Members
1,033 posts
4,392 battles

Congrats.  

It took me about 1000 battles to get my first.  I'm up to about 15 now in nearly 3000 battles, but a majority of the elite XP came from CB.  The old saying of once you get one, the rest are easier, really is true.  

[NWNG]
Members
2,818 posts
4,676 battles

IT HAPPENED! I got my third 19-point commander, before this account turns 1 year old. If it weren't for some of the rewards from the Royal Navy Event, this likely would have taken a lot longer. But yay ME! Though again, this is the result of focusing on a single ship type of a single nation, like I did. I am slowly expanding my knowledge by playing the other ship types, but my main focus will forever remain on IJN DDs. I doubt I'll get a 4th before the 1 year mark, but the fact I got three makes me really happy.

Keisuke_Kawabe.jpg.facc92f7a7c00f0e5f10306b95ce66d6.jpg

Sign in to follow this