Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

IFHE on Donskoi

8 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,785 posts
9,443 battles

Keep it or no? For most part, it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference, but never paid much attention to what ships benefit most from it.

[MIA-P]
Members
665 posts
6,338 battles

I took IFHE off for the Donskoi, and regretted it. You end up only being able to do a fractional amount of HE alpha damage to most tier 9 and 10 BBs, which is a serious problem given the ship's intended role. I actually happen to have a replay (my last battle in the donskoi) which demonstrates this:

In this battle I end up kiting 3 BBs and a cruiser for the entire match- perfect conditions for a cruiser like the donskoi. Unfortunately, despite getting 254 HE shell hits, I only end up doing 47k HE alpha damage. That's an average of 185 damage per shell hit. Put simply, the donskoi does not have the rate of fire to make that kind of damage rate worth while. As you can see in this battle, despite firing continuously for 15 minutes, I am never able to kill one of these guys without someone else on my team providing the alpha strike, or through carefully managed fires. You can also see how vastly more effective I am when firing against the tier 8 Bismarck, as compared to the tier 9 and 10 ships. I do get a lot of fire damage (over 50% of my damage is, in fact, from fires), but the vast majority of this damage ends up being totally ineffective due to heals. 

Bottom line: take IFHE on the donskoi. Get rid of it once you have the Moskva.

Edited by senseNOTmade
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,868 posts
8,924 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

Keep it or no? For most part, it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference, but never paid much attention to what ships benefit most from it.

depends, do you want to get over that 32mm HE pen threshold? if yes, then keep it, as the 180s only get 30mm of HE pen

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
5,097 battles
1 hour ago, senseNOTmade said:

Bottom line: take IFHE on the donskoi. Get rid of it once you have the Moskva.

*sigh*  Now I find out.  Well, I guess I’m only out one captain retraining in the long run.  That’s not too bad.

[EGO]
Members
3,588 posts
On 11/6/2018 at 9:18 PM, Reymu said:

I thought I didn't need it and went ahead and respecced my captain to Moskva spec. BIG MISTAKE.

[WAG]
Members
713 posts
9,716 battles

I found it made a huge difference when I tried to run it without IFHE. I think I went from 50% pens to 75% pens.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,785 posts
9,443 battles
2 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I thought I didn't need it and went ahead and respecced my captain to Moskva spec. BIG MISTAKE.

Yeah, glad I avoided that mine. Can say Moskva was definitely worth the grind and respec, that MB velocity is incredible.

Sign in to follow this