You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chatbanned_Noviolation

How s∞n will WG handle all those farming bots ingame?

38 comments in this topic

Members
47 posts
6,912 battles

NA server is rampaged by bots, even in high-tier battles. Not "bot-like" humans, but bots.

Almost every battle I can observe one bot on my side, not to mention what is going on on red. They simply sail along 9th or 10th line and enjoy the scenery on map edge. Sometimes they may fire a salvo or two, but nah, not really.

I just wonder, how soooooon will WG deal with this?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
11 minutes ago, My_Papa said:

NA server is rampaged by bots, even in high-tier battles. Not "bot-like" humans, but bots.

Almost every battle I can observe one bot on my side, not to mention what is going on on red. They simply sail along 9th or 10th line and enjoy the scenery on map edge. Sometimes they may fire a salvo or two, but nah, not really.

Edge huggers are human, bots don't sit at the back are farm XP. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
829 posts
11,179 battles

I've also seen the bots that sail forward to a certain spot and then stop as if they are AFK.  Then as soon as a shell hits they come to life and start moving/firing.

[PVE]
Members
776 posts

For along time I use to see this pink Tirpitz in coop always using a bot program.

His guns would just fire at the water and when he hit a island that is were he would stay.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,702 posts
14,131 battles
29 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

I've also seen the bots that sail forward to a certain spot and then stop as if they are AFK.  Then as soon as a shell hits they come to life and start moving/firing.

Hey now, no need to get personal, that's how I play.

• Funny 5

[PVE]
Members
829 posts
11,179 battles
43 minutes ago, Lert said:

Ha ha, that's a good one. Let me add that they will stop and go dead even in front of the red team. No guns moving around or any movement. Then when they get hit they start moving and firing at random enemy ships. It's very bizarre to see but I have seen it enough to wonder if it's a bot program. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
2 hours ago, My_Papa said:

Well that’s what happens when you have PC games that are more easily hacked or modded is players can pull such stunts. Sadly the code is just not as secure as some other things that could be used. Of course if you used something other than PC code you would not be able to mod the game with custom Camo not offered by Wargaming in game lol.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,784 posts
9,627 battles

usually you know if it’s a bot when they don’t respond in chat 

[NWNG]
Members
2,817 posts
4,676 battles
6 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

Or, they used Aslain's(sp?) mod pack to remove chat.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

I remember when WarGaming posted stats last year or the year before and praised someone with some crazy amount of games for the year. It was basically physically impossible for them to have done it and simply get sleep.

Bots are pretty bad in the game and drag it down. War Gaming doesn't really care though. Even on a QA they just claimed certain players where just super bad.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
8,933 posts
4,184 battles
17 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

Or they don't speeka ze Engrish.

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Now Lert tell them the truth, you stop for little while periodically to sample the catnip...

002319F0-5FA0-46F4-8102-41485141F75D.jpeg.96b23bcfe7cbbce080bbab3b23384f5a.jpeg

E5A5D184-15E3-467E-8C19-974E56DF9D67.thumb.jpeg.15f34d3631481650944a88ca87a81d20.jpeg

• Funny 1

Members
4,463 posts
7,198 battles

Played just over 6K games and don't know that I have ever seen a 'bot'.  I think far more are not bots but a mass assumption just like AFKs that actually didn't connect or got dropped, or the game crashed etc...  No way for WG to know if a ship is a bot with any guarantee.

Edited by CylonRed

Members
22,745 posts
5,794 battles
4 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Lol that's probably somebody alt-tabbed, and hearing the noise of the hits, then switching back...:Smile_veryhappy:

[PVE]
Members
829 posts
11,179 battles
16 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Lol that's probably somebody alt-tabbed, and hearing the noise of the hits, then switching back...:Smile_veryhappy:

I don't get sounds while tabbed out.

[INTEL]
Members
10,002 posts
28,121 battles
5 hours ago, My_Papa said:

Bots arent present in every battle. But there are plenty of bots and AFKers.

Reporting them is pointless, WG will not do anything. I keep a list and if many are on the server, i dont play high tier randoms. Its the only solution given that WG likes AFKers and botters, they cause collapses and ships back in queue faster.

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,421 posts
68 battles

Have a family. As soon as you think it is safe to hit play something happens. :etc_swear:

from time to time i use the chat chat bar remover as @Counter_Gambit states. 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,499 posts
5 hours ago, My_Papa said:

Those are battleships, but it is easy to confuse them.

• Funny 1

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
866 posts
5,171 battles

I swear there was one in ranked.  I think the person turned it on and forgot to switch to random.  The team called BC.  He sailed straight line into A cap as a cruiser.  Would not respond to anyone.  Maybe if the "mods" were options in the game for everyone, there could be an anti-cheat system that could pick up on this.  Does allowing mods, make it more difficult to have anti-cheat?

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0