Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aurora_7

Question to CV captains

6 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
195 posts
3,766 battles

Are the divebombers harder to coordinate for a successful strike than torpedo planes?

I've been attacked by divebombers many a time but their attacks seem to inflict minimal damage to me compared to devestating strikes I've gotten from torpedo bombers.

Maybe it's the nature of torpedos over bombs or is it harder to get a good lined up attack of a divebomber squadron to place their bombs on a ship?

Just curious, I've never attempted a CV before. 

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,078 posts
6,211 battles

RNG affects DB, not so for TB's, even on auto you have control of your drop. 

[NH]
Members
6 posts
4,116 battles

Dive bombers aren’t terribly difficult to hit targets with...obviously dd’s and fast cruisers can be a little more tricky if they are turning but still not that hard...I find dropping from behind is easier than the front.  If defensive fire is used by the target, bomber drop circles get huge and often don’t land many hits.  

Does that answer your question?

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,902 posts
8,282 battles

divebombs are quite as easy to coordinate for a drop on enemy ships (easier if relying on autodrop). BUT,CV players often prefer torpedos, because they find it easier to plot dmg (torps are visible in the water, dropping bombs are invisible). 

[TBOW]
Members
1,797 posts
12,232 battles

Think it depends on the CV.  CVs carrying AP bombs (USN and the GZ), it is somewhat easier to hit a target with reliability and do significant damage with the DBs.

Edited by GrimmeReaper

Sign in to follow this