You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bot_22

Friend system is one-sided, laggy, and need improvement

4 comments in this topic

[AP]
[AP]
Members
5 posts
8,174 battles

In my personal opinion, the friend who is on line should be on the top of the list. Now is just list by when you add them as friend and every time you open the friend list is laggy. My computer is NITRO 5 i7-7700HQ 16G RAM GTX 1050Ti. It is smooth 60fps in game, but there is still a significant lag in opening the friend list. Some of my friend have better computers, still struggle with this problem. This issue is been there for many versions, I can't believe WG didn't fix it.

Some pages is loading too long and looks like freezing for a few seconds every time I open them.e.g.Clan page, tech tree etc. 

Edited by AW_NOOB
  • Cool 3

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,598 battles
35 minutes ago, AW_NOOB said:

In my personal opinion, the friend who is on line should be on the top of the list.

:Smile_great: This, so much this.

Seriously 3 years on and this #1 requested feature is still not present.  Let alone the port UI is still laggy and buggy as heck, and gets worse due to larger friends lists.    Social interaction in games increases player's propensity to spend time in game and player retention.   So why is it that our game has such a poor social UI?

• Cool 3

[AP]
[AP]
Members
5 posts
8,174 battles

Ikr, I got more and more friend as I played the game. And the list is so long that I don't even bother to use the list. Now I just ask them to use "Looking for division", it is sad that it is much more easier.

So WG,if you are watching this,plz fix the list and put whoever on line at the top of the list. This is a truely life quality improvement.:cap_old:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,551 posts
20,397 battles
3 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

:Smile_great: This, so much this.

Seriously 3 years on and this #1 requested feature is still not present.  Let alone the port UI is still laggy and buggy as heck, and gets worse due to larger friends lists.    Social interaction in games increases player's propensity to spend time in game and player retention.   So why is it that our game has such a poor social UI?

Seriously, thinking that this is the most important requested feature seems silly to me.  Oh, I'll admit that this would probably  be a VERY worthy quality of life tweak.  But that's all it is to me, a quality of life tweak (for other people), and not one that has any real value to me.  I care boatloads more about content related things.

3 hours ago, AW_NOOB said:

In my personal opinion, the friend who is on line should be on the top of the list. Now is just list by when you add them as friend and every time you open the friend list is laggy. My computer is NITRO 5 i7-7700HQ 16G RAM GTX 1050Ti. It is smooth 60fps in game, but there is still a significant lag in opening the friend list. Some of my friend have better computers, still struggle with this problem. This issue is been there for many versions, I can't believe WG didn't fix it.

Some pages is loading too long and looks like freezing for a few seconds every time I open them, e.g. Clan page, tech tree etc. 

Yeah, it is a bit odd that certain pages take a lot longer to load in than others.  I'm fairly sure that one reason is that some pages, like the tech tree, are built into the game client, so you're loading up that data locally.  OTOH, pages such as the clan page have to be downloaded from the server.  But having said that, it still seems to take a lot longer than it seems like it should.  Regardless, this isn't a problem with your computer or your friends' computers.  It's entirely a server side problem.